Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

blackguy32 posted:

All the people bitter about no man's sky are odd to me. It's pretty simple to just not buy something on day 1 if you're unsure about it. There were streams from the day it was released showing what kind of game it was.

I guess people bought into the hype but stop doing that.

Dishonored chat, I can't help but feel that the chaos system doesn't fit. So many options that probably a lot of people won't use cause of the consequences.

some people will literally spend money to be right about not liking a game. there are some really loving terrible idiot nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

killing dudes creates more rats. it's about spreading the plague, which does lead to civil unrest but yea. you can kill everyone with that ability activated and still have the extra rats from high chaos because ???

maybe all those dudes you murder were janitors

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

All the people bitter about no man's sky are odd to me. It's pretty simple to just not buy something on day 1 if you're unsure about it. There were streams from the day it was released showing what kind of game it was.

reddit gonna make it about ethics in games marketing. the change.org petitions will flow

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
On another note, Doom was close to being awesome for me. It needed more music, less monster arenas and more natural monster placement, and better weapon balance. The super shotgun fully upgraded was downright broken.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

On another note, Doom was close to being awesome for me. It needed more music, less monster arenas and more natural monster placement, and better weapon balance. The super shotgun fully upgraded was downright broken.

feel the same way

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

blackguy32 posted:

Dishonored chat, I can't help but feel that the chaos system doesn't fit. So many options that probably a lot of people won't use cause of the consequences.

You don't get it, when you opened the blu-ray box Sean Murrays white glove slaps you across the face. Digital copies just corrupt your bloodborne saves.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I downloaded the sequel to Grow Home, but it crashes at the epilepsy warning screen every time I run it. A bit of googling suggests this is a common problem, and you have to turn of the PS4's internet connection for the game to work. UbiSoft seems to be claiming that this is happening to multiple games from multiple publishers. Is that true, or are they blowing smoke?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Paracelsus posted:

I downloaded the sequel to Grow Home, but it crashes at the epilepsy warning screen every time I run it. A bit of googling suggests this is a common problem, and you have to turn of the PS4's internet connection for the game to work. UbiSoft seems to be claiming that this is happening to multiple games from multiple publishers. Is that true, or are they blowing smoke?

ubisoft couldn't get a stable framerate out of tetris so who knows

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it sounds like its either the ubi friend list bug or their ridiculous loving crashing and poor performance related to their dialing home for their scoreboard poo poo. it happens in all kinds of ubi games but idk if other publishers have had that problems

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

blackguy32 posted:

It's DOOM. Oldschool DOOM fans would have expected nothing less.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's DOOM. Oldschool DOOM fans would have expected nothing less.

This is even more broken then that shotgun. You get two shots per reload and I believe it reloads faster than the original super shotgun too.

It's also a symptom of most of the guns being terrible. The rocket launcher is pure garbage this time around.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played on console and the rl is the only gun i could hit poo poo with 100% of the time at distance

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 17, 2016

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
True pain is being so loving ocd that you can't enjoy the PS4 firmware beta's folder feature because the blue folder icons clash with the Corn Love Forever theme. :negative:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Paracelsus posted:

Ubisoft thinks they can still get away with their old PSN library that doesn't support more than 100 friends. I'm guessing Sony only isn't dealing them Cert Justice because they would totally become Xbone exclusive out of spite and Ubisoft's consumer base is dumb enough that they are specifically Ubisoft's consumer base.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

This is even more broken then that shotgun. You get two shots per reload and I believe it reloads faster than the original super shotgun too.

It's also a symptom of most of the guns being terrible. The rocket launcher is pure garbage this time around.

Wha? The rocket launcher is great.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Specifically the flack burst on the remote det option.

Lock on does sorta suck but that flack just murders everything

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Ubisoft thinks they can still get away with their old PSN library that doesn't support more than 100 friends. I'm guessing Sony only isn't dealing them Cert Justice because they would totally become Xbone exclusive out of spite and Ubisoft's consumer base is dumb enough that they are specifically Ubisoft's consumer base.

Sony and ms don't fail anything unless they call the x button a and vice versa. look at nms hardlocking consoles left and right.

Ubisoft was treating xbox as their lead platform for a while in 2014 i think weren't they?

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 17, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lmao at the idea of failing cert because of a hard lock bug. good luck with that.

*never certifies a bethesda game again*

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hardlocking probably qualifies as a known shippable

cert is probably more for making sure your game doesn't damage your system in some way. there'll always be bugs in your games so just hardlocking occasionally wouldn't be enough to keep you from passing cert

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

it sounds like its either the ubi friend list bug or their ridiculous loving crashing and poor performance related to their dialing home for their scoreboard poo poo. it happens in all kinds of ubi games but idk if other publishers have had that problems
Just Cause 3 had this issue too at launch on top of not so good framerates.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oxxidation posted:

It's more about creating civil unrest in general, really.

The chaos system is fine as implemented but just the idea of it made a lot of people feel obligated to go total pacifist, which is a miserable way to play.

Yeah, I played that way and it completely soured me on the game. My fault, but eh, quite a comedown for me after following the production since the first screenshots.

unlawfulsoup posted:

You don't get it, when you opened the blu-ray box Sean Murrays white glove slaps you across the face. Digital copies just corrupt your bloodborne saves.

Bloodborne was a good game. Remember back when games were good?

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 17, 2016

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

Wha? The rocket launcher is great.

Never had a use for the drat thing when you can semi auto both barrels of the super shotgun and reload in a second.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Jesus, who the gently caress cares how many lines of code a game has?
It's just the next step from "how many hours", although I'm a bit surprised it seems to have skipped file size. How good can a AAA game under 40 GB really be?

Oxxidation posted:

The chaos system is fine as implemented but just the idea of it made a lot of people feel obligated to go total pacifist, which is a miserable way to play.
The way I hear it the game was originally designed without it in mind, you'd straight up assassinate people, but playtesters were like WHERE MY MORAL CHOICE PACIFIST RUN and designers were like UGH FINE. I think they did a great job designing a system that tells you in no uncerttain terms "gently caress your no-kill run" but still works perfectly well and adds its own challenges.

My favourite bit about DIshonored is that I took my final target down with just an ordinary teleport stab move, and it felt so natural and perfectly climactic that I was surprised to learn you could trigger a whole cutscene with him and have like two or three special ways to end things.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's just the next step from "how many hours", although I'm a bit surprised it seems to have skipped file size. How good can a AAA game under 40 GB really be?

MGSV is 25 GB. Please do not quote this and say "exactly"

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Last week, I was invited to the Netherlands to play the current build of FFXV for five hours.

I have written an article with more in-depth information on a number of things you saw briefly in the video from yesterday, as well as on
some things not seen in the video.

Here is the spoiler-free preview: http://www.geekster.be/games/videogames/final-fantasy-xv-preview-first-five-hours/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/08/17/gamescom-2016-konami-announces-metal-gear-survive

Hahahahahahahaha

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

quote:

Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies
That's a lot more conventional kind of craziness than Kojima would have given it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Now I like me a good ol' AU crazy plot and all but... I just can't see this doing anything good at all.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Konami: "Resident Evil REORC sold really well and was good right? Well who cares, gently caress 'em these idiots will buy anything with the name Metal Gear on it"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

looks canon

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought maybe co-op zombie slaying was finally going out of style but I guess not?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Metal Gear Zombie Mode :dogbutton:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dying light was actually super fun and good co-op zombie slaying but there's no reason to believe this is going to be.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Somewhere Kojima is facepalming.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought maybe co-op zombie slaying was finally going out of style but I guess not?
You're right but Konami is also perpetually 10 years behind the curve. To them Metal Gear But With Zombies is a fresh new idea

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

But hey never mind that poo poo Dark Souls 3 DLC info is probably coming on the 24th!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey did any of y'all end up buying any of the remastered RE games like 0, 5, or 6? if so how much better do they run

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

But, MGS 3, 4, and 5 already had zombies in them? This is neither new nor exciting.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ryoga posted:

But, MGS 3, 4, and 5 already had zombies in them? This is neither new nor exciting.

Then this will also be pretty meh to ya.

I mean, I MIGHT make that the 2nd reason to pre-order a dumb CoD game.

But really, don't pre-order.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

widespread posted:

don't pre-order.

should be thread title tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DriveClub VR is coming out later this year http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/16/driveclub-vr-confirmed-for-playstation-vr-out-this-year/ A new game studio has taken over now that Evolution is no more. The update is also adding 5 new tracks.

• Locked thread