Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

Something I don't really experience because I don't play wifi dummy!

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Pomp posted:

oh my god

I am aware how packet loss works son and I am plenty good don't worry.

Hey can you explain again how the better connection always gets the rollback, its almost like you just made that up.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
"works for me!"

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

the input leniency for dp is stupid as gently caress in this game. Today i got one going from forward walk into sweep.

yeah I get it on dash sometimes :shepface:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Enkmar posted:

yeah I get it on dash sometimes :shepface:

haha nice

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

I am aware how packet loss works son and I am plenty good don't worry.

Hey can you explain again how the better connection always gets the rollback, its almost like you just made that up.

the player who is ahead gets rollbacks as they receive inputs from the slower player, the slower player gets inputs from the faster player at "the right time" and thus experience no rollbacks

one plus two equals three

two times two equals four

street fighter five equals bad

cams
Mar 28, 2003

circlejerk

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

NecroMonster posted:

the player who is ahead gets rollbacks as they receive inputs from the slower player, the slower player gets inputs from the faster player at "the right time" and thus experience no rollbacks

one plus two equals three

two times two equals four

street fighter five equals bad

Hrm yes I read that link, and it states nothing about one person being "ahead" other the other due to their internet quality, but rather due to syncing issues.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

*sigh*

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yeah I know, its a bit old reading all these poor explanations from you chumps.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah I know, its a bit old reading all these poor explanations from you chumps.

calm ur tits

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

Hrm yes I read that link, and it states nothing about one person being "ahead" other the other due to their internet quality, but rather due to syncing issues.

go gently caress yourself you dumb oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i've chosen stunned dumbfounded silence, but i guess pomp's answer works too

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Pomp posted:

go gently caress yourself you dumb oval office

Sorry you can't hang when you get called out son.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
In my experience as someone who lives in Japan and plays exclusively on a wired fiber optic connection, this game's net code seems much worse than that of most other games I've played. SF4's net code got a bad rap for totally understandable reasons - it was garbage for me back when I lived in Canada - but when both players have dope connections it's almost indistinguishable from playing offline. Even when playing with someone from Taiwan or Korea there would rarely be any hiccups, and in the rare case there was it would sort itself out almost immediately.

SFV is a total crapshoot. It feels like way too many of my matches are laggy trash, but that's probably my confirmation bias at work. Net code problems aren't something I ever need to even think about for other games, so it's alarming that SFV has any problems at all.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

sorry to interrupt the riveting netcode slapfight but did we talk about how being RQed on three times in an hour will cause you to lose 1000LP

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cat Machine posted:

sorry to interrupt the riveting netcode slapfight but did we talk about how being RQed on three times in an hour will cause you to lose 1000LP

sounds fair :shepicide:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"I'm actually very smart. The only reason why it seems like I say dumb things is because you're too dumb to understand how smart the things I'm saying are. Chump."

Cat Machine posted:

Capcom.txt

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Machine posted:

you're making GBS threads me

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pomp posted:

you're making GBS threads me

It worked that way when they introduced the RQ punishment system. Did you expect them to fix it? ROFL-loving-MAO

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

It worked that way when they introduced the RQ punishment system. Did you expect them to fix it? ROFL-loving-MAO

i assumed that was fixed already...

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Cat Machine posted:

if you are getting ragequit against you are obviously playing dishonorably and using Cheap moves, so you have to be punished for not playing fair

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
All this and Juri being underwhelming has made me pass on this game. I'll just play fightcade until kof and guilty gear come out on PC.

...I can't believe capcom fixed some nips before they fixed the core gameplay/finished the game.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
netcode doesnt exist

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Mad Lupine posted:

All this and Juri being underwhelming has made me pass on this game. I'll just play fightcade until kof and guilty gear come out on PC.

...I can't believe capcom fixed some nips before they fixed the core gameplay/finished the game.

10 minute job for like 2 people max vs months and months of work for the whole team (which is now made up of about 5 people as they already moved everybody else on the next monster hunter or whatever).

Hmmmm hard to see why they didn't pick option 2.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Sometimes I just pop in the thread at 3:30 AM.
Sometimes I just like being reminded that somewhere out there, there is a game called SFV which is worse of a game than I am a person.
I can sleep again.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Fellblade posted:

10 minute job for like 2 people max vs months and months of work for the whole team (which is now made up of about 5 people as they already moved everybody else on the next monster hunter or whatever).

Hmmmm hard to see why they didn't pick option 2.

I get that it takes less effort to do something like that. But that should have been done before the game came out. Like how the game should have been finished before it was released. It's like taking out a burlesque number to an unfinished, unrehearsed play about Lincoln. Sure it's a good idea and relatively easy to do, but maybe the play should have been ready before they started charging people for tickets.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

Wait, you're loving your own rear end?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Safety Scissors posted:

Wait, you're loving your own rear end?

Yes. It keeps me distracted from thinking about what a giant disappointing turd SFV is.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Willing to bet Vs CPU is just "fight training dummy but now you can lose" as opposed to a real arcade mode with difficulty settings lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

Willing to bet Vs CPU is just "fight training dummy but now you can lose" as opposed to a real arcade mode with difficulty settings lol.

its going to be the 2 player local mode but if the 2nd controller isn't turned on you can choose an ai

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Pomp posted:

i assumed that was fixed already...

assuming capcom would fix a glaring problem with sfv... why...?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i am the netcode tyrant

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
It's pretty obvious CFN isn't built to properly track the right information to punish RQs. They likely just wait for match results and punish both players if there's a discrepancy because they have no info to make any distinctions on who did it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

don't worry. once they flip fighter stat tracking back on it will break the whole network beyond repair.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh right that page is still completely broken lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sfv should win comedy game of the year easily. southpark doesn't have a chance

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't really get the point of stripping LP. If they care then they probably aren't RQing in the first place, and now trolls who just like crushing cans have a reliable system for staying Bronze.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't really get the point of stripping LP. If they care then they probably aren't RQing in the first place, and now trolls who just like crushing cans have a reliable system for staying Bronze.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. People go to ridiculous lengths to smurf in every other online game and now Capcom is borderline encouraging now by making it so easy.

Just make it like Dota, if you rage quit you get put into rage quitters queue or something*

* This is assuming they actually know which player is quitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Real hurthling! posted:

sfv should win comedy game of the year easily. southpark doesn't have a chance

it's not quite at launch strekken level of funny but it's gotta be close, right?

looking forward to when urien becomes officially released and he somehow has a bunch of glitches in his moves that weren't there for the current hacked version