Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

The rumors that have been coming out of the Trump campaign for months have been that he's been chafing under Manafort's attempts to keep him on message and prevent him from saying stupid poo poo (for all the good that's done) and that he wants to bring back someone like Lewandowski who will basically let him do whatever he wants. I have no doubt that that's exactly what a couple of Breitbart writers would do.

gently caress I'm excited for this new gaggle of idiocy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh my loving god. All I see are stars

This motherfucking Election.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Its always something nobody possibly could've seen coming

Trump is operating on a level of total insanity that nobody can keep up with

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kundus posted:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/25/glenn_beck_says_breitbart_are_like_nazis_for_supporting_trump.html

quote:

In particular, Beck sees a vision in which Breitbart executive chairman and host of Breitbart News Daily (which airs right before Glenn Beck on SiriusXM), Stephen K. Bannon might be open to supporting Donald Trump for president. Beck compares Bannon and Breitbart to Hitler's propagandist Joseph Goebbels, and accused them of "taking orders" from Trump in hopes of a cozy relationship.

"You’re not going to be the next Roger Ailes... Nobody is ever going to replace Roger Ailes," Beck said. "It’s certainly not going to be you..."

My god, it's beautiful :swoon:

:lol: if you're too right wing for Glen Beck

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/765808339573932032

Least he's going out like a G.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

He's totally gonna pivot and run against the GOP

Like not run to the center, just run again the gop elite

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It makes me so happy that Trump managed to take down Mike Pence with him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Finish the race on his own terms, like he has a terminal disease and wants to die in his own bed with family around him.

It's only August 17th, btw.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

gradenko_2000 posted:

The reminded me of the big stink conservatives threw over Obama's non-guration because he slipped on the oath and I got really mad for a second.

You mean when Roberts hosed up administering the oath?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Finish the race on his own terms, like he has a terminal disease and wants to die in his own bed with family around him.

It's only August 17th, btw.

Its loving week 3

Texas could turn blue, he is surrounding himself with the guys who get high exclusively on their own supply, and by supply, I mean their farts

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We now go live to our political expert on how they predict this move will effect Donald Trump's poll numbers

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The election is over and it's only mid-August :unsmigghh:

Even Trump seems to be giving up, considering he axed the guy that was supposed to make him presentable to a general electorate and is trying to push a "the election is rigged and that's why I won't win" narrative. I wonder at what point does the GOP start actively running against him to save their own asses in Congress.

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 17, 2016

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Aren't you supposed to do this kind of stuff on Fridays so it gets lost over the weekend?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FetusSlapper posted:

Aren't you supposed to do this kind of stuff on Fridays so it gets lost over the weekend?

You're not supposed to do this kind of thing in the first place

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Breitbart.

loving Breitbart.

*slams button*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Who's ready for attack ads quoting official Trump campaign surrogate on LGBT matters, Milo?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

SirFozzie posted:

Oh it gets better:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/765786031694221313

Apparently Trump thinks his campaign hasn't been combative enough.

*throws away drafts of electoral maps showing Clinton winning with 300-400 EV, gets a big blank map of America and a box of blue crayons*

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Prop up the corpse of Phyllis Schlafly and his popularity among women is secured! :pseudo:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The GOP will destroy itself now?

Now? Before my eyes?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Okay. Honest question here. Has Trump made one good decision during the general election? As far as I see it, the "moderate" tones Manaford fed him were the only thing keeping him alive. The only way to run a worse campaign would be to formally endorse Hillary. And even then 35% would vote for him.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Rumor has it that the Breitbart branch of the campaign wants to update the wall plan to include loudspeakers broadcasting the "STOP RAPING PEOPLE" YouTube clip on repeat towards Mexico.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

Okay. Honest question here. Has Trump made one good decision during the general election? As far as I see it, the "moderate" tones Manaford fed him were the only thing keeping him alive. The only way to run a worse campaign would be to formally endorse Hillary. And even then 35% would vote for him.

Booting out Corey Lewandowski.

For all of ten seconds.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

SedanChair posted:

Now? Before my eyes?

Yup.

This is the thing I think I love most about all this - the Republicans have nobody to blame but themselves for this. I mean we have to remember - most of the GOP's Guys got loving destroyed in the primaries. Like just goddamn annihilated. Sure Trump basically got the nod with ~45% of the vote... but that's because Cruz hoovered up another 30%. Jeb barely won any delegates, Rubio managed utterly feeble numbers for his entire run, and everyone else not Kasich was so forgettable and a non-starter electorally that I forget most of their names now.

This is the beast they have raised. This is the bonfire they built. This is the nominee the voters chose by, frankly, a pretty large margin of votes in a crowded field.

There is nowhere else for the GOP to go and no way to recover.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm sure it's just coincidence that right after hundreds of Republicans demand that the RNC cut funding to Trump and people are refusing to endorse/endorsing Clinton left and right, Trump brings on someone who hates the GOPe as much as he hates Clinton

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, what's a good way to explain how hilariously awful Breitbart is to people from outside the USA who've never heard of it? I keep thinking 'tabloid-style conspiracy-theorist website with a history of lies and bigotry', but that doesn't really capture the enormity.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Incidentally, what's a good way to explain how hilariously awful Breitbart is to people from outside the USA who've never heard of it? I keep thinking 'tabloid-style conspiracy-theorist website with a history of lies and bigotry', but that doesn't really capture the enormity.

Send them this: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/andrew-breitbart-death-of-a-douche-20120301

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4od4QQVK1o

Here's the founder at a normal moment

Surprisingly, he ended up dying of a heart attack

The site has become more extreme since then

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Has anyone posted Jennifer Palmieris reaction to Trumps most recent speech?

Jennifer Palmieri posted:

With each passing Trump attack, it becomes clearer that his strategy is just to say about Hillary Clinton what’s true of himself. When people started saying he was temperamentally unfit, he called Hillary the same. When his ties to the Kremlin came under scrutiny, he absurdly claimed that Hillary was the one who was too close to Putin. Now he’s accusing her of bigoted remarks — We think the American people will know which candidate is guilty of the charge.

Basically his only argument is "No you!"

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Air is lava! posted:

People have touched on this already but it really feels like the only thing Trump cares about making "good decisions" about is getting people to attend his rallies and cheer really loudly at them. Which, to be fair, he actually has been doing a pretty good job of. If that's not happening he doesn't feel like he's winning, regardless of what the polls say.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

USPOL August: Night of the Yuge Knives. They're The Best Knives, Really, They're Great. Very Sharp, They Cut Very Nicely

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
jesus how do elections keep getting crazier? this one was over in july and theyre sticking forks in august

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Gen. Ripper posted:

USPOL August: Night of the Yuge Knives. They're The Best Knives, Really, They're Great. Very Sharp, They Cut Big League

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Darth Walrus posted:

Imagine a news org for people who consider Fox News to be liberal propaganda, and you have Breitbart

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

SedanChair posted:

Now? Before my eyes?
The greatest wet dream for Liberals and anti-conservatives is about to come true. :allears:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Gen. Ripper posted:

USPOL August: Night of the Yuge Knives. They're The Best Knives, Really, They're Great. Very Sharp, They Cut Very Nicely

Mods please

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The odds of the House flipping by my reckoning just went from 2% to 5%. And rising.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Antti posted:

The odds of the House flipping by my reckoning just went from 2% to 5%. And rising.

That's not all that's rising

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Darth Walrus posted:

This might not help much but: it's the intersection of appeal for 4chan and freepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

jesus how do elections keep getting crazier? this one was over in july and theyre sticking forks in august

I feel like there has to be a peak at some point but I thought 2012 was that peak. This has been a whole new loving mountain and we're still climbing.

• Locked thread