Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Swicky posted:

Wooooooooooooo

What can you even do with ports at that level? You can't use any of the equipment or items, is it just for some easy weekly exp in bad ironman skills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Spergminer posted:

What can you even do with ports at that level? You can't use any of the equipment or items, is it just for some easy weekly exp in bad ironman skills?

You can make progress towards unlocking the rewards, so that you have them by the time you get the skills needed. That's why I was doing it, at least.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Pans to 4-6 months from now when a ports skill is 90

Oh fuckity boy, i can start ports now, i have 85 defence and i can wear the ports gear, i can't wait to do ports and spend about 6-9 months getting the scrolls and resources to make this amazing armour.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
That's why i chose to get ports skill as early as possible

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

No excuse to not get fm to like 60, it's so useful

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

No excuse to not get fm to like 120, it's so useful

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

No excuse to not get fm to like 200m on 5 different accounts, it's so useful

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

please forgive my grave mistake

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Simsmagic posted:

No excuse to not get good at posting, it's so useful

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I have 120 in good posting

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Simsmagic posted:

I have 120xp in good posting

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of shitposting, I bought up some parasols. Im either going to be very rich in a few months/years or going to be stuck with some really expensive ugly umbrellas.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Taylor Swift posted:

Speaking of shitposting, I bought up some parasols. Im either going to be very rich in a few months/years or going to be stuck with some really expensive ugly umbrellas.

The latter :ssh:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Jagex makes sure to never let another phat happen again, event items are practically given to everyone for no effort.

This isn't a complaint or indictment, just my experience

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I'm liking the people buying my parasols. It really helps my bank balance!

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Foreskin Problems posted:

Jagex makes sure to never let another phat happen again, event items are practically given to everyone for no effort.

This isn't a complaint or indictment, just my experience

Actually, most of the Treasure Hunter tradeable items have appreciated pretty well in value ie Crown/Chest/Cape of Seasons. I may have to sit on it for a few years and Im sure it wont jump up into the hundred of millions, but if I can clear 10m+ from a 1.5m investment that's a success.

e; also Holy Wreath is pushing 1b, so they did kinda make another phat

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I keep my fish mask, not in hopes that one day it will appreciate in value, but because it is the only cosmetic worth wearing

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Sombrero for life

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

What is it about this oldass janky game that keeps sucking me straight in. I've started on old school but I'm kinda interested to see how runescape has grown up since middle school.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

ChaseSP posted:

What is it about this oldass janky game that keeps sucking me straight in. I've started on old school but I'm kinda interested to see how runescape has grown up since middle school.

OSRS will feel the most familiar to you if you haven't played in like 4+ years, it's almost the same game. But normal RuneScape is completely different to how it was years ago and I recommend at least giving it a try too.

I might make a new OP for this game at some point, if I ever feel like it. What are some things you guys would like to see in it?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah main reason I'm interested is due to everyone here playing on the up to date version so might as well.

Edit: Jesus I just checked beef and cowhide prices on Runescape 3 and has gold inflated because it's around double on old school.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 15, 2016

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Old School is garbage.

ChaseSP posted:

Yeah main reason I'm interested is due to everyone here playing on the up to date version so might as well.

Edit: Jesus I just checked beef and cowhide prices on Runescape 3 and has gold inflated because it's around double on old school.

It's very easy to get fat stacks of gold on modern Runescape, so yeah plenty of low level stuff has higher prices than you might expect on the exchange.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There goes buying up to mithril armor easy with stronghold of player safety money.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

There goes buying up to mithril armor easy with stronghold of player safety money.

If you don't want to bootstrap from square one ask goonchat for help getting established. Also, hit up the wiki. There's decent moneymaking methods with minimal stat requirements, such as killing chickens/cows, fletching headless arrows, and hunting polar kebbits in the snowy patch near Burthorpe. you'll be up to speed in no time.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
free2players are now sucking dick for ice cream http://prntscr.com/c68xp9 (on my friends account he dont play *matt721*) while i mine on arc island

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

If you're just going for filling thermometres and doesn't care about exp, fishing trouts at the beach party is the fastest way to get heat %.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Spergminer posted:

If you're just going for filling thermometres and doesn't care about exp, fishing trouts at the beach party is the fastest way to get heat %.

What does filling the thermometer do?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

What does filling the thermometer do?

Prevent you from skilling unless you eat an ice cream. There's no point to filling the thermometers just for the sake of filling them, expect to be able to say you did it. It provides literally no benefits.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Prevent you from skilling unless you eat an ice cream. There's no point to filling the thermometers just for the sake of filling them, expect to be able to say you did it. It provides literally no benefits.

10 filled thermometres gives you "the Bronzed" title.
10 ice creams eaten to reset thermo level gives "the Chilled" :byob1:
50 filled thermos gives you the summer fun outfit
And appearently 100 filled gives you the 2015 swim top/bottom, the bare chest override.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Skilling sure is faster from combat now. Smithing is as bad as it was.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
Gotta say, I'm really loving this beach event. Bright colors, fabulous prizes, easy XP in skills I don't like training conventionally...

And a world boss during Mod Shauny's Happy Hour.

Worth it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
We still need pretty much everything in the citadel besides precious bars. Someone made like 1700 more precious ore than we needed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

allta
Mar 28, 2011
We still need 1.7 more goons to hit upkeep within the next 18 hours, all that's left is crafting and cooking so please help if you are able!

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
slightly lucky today http://prntscr.com/c8mbw3 effigy sack from an elite clue scroll

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Someone go unlock summoning plot tia

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Turmoilx posted:

slightly lucky today http://prntscr.com/c8mbw3 effigy sack from an elite clue scroll

You got lucky just the wrong kind of lucky I think....(middle column is the drop rate per elite clue)

Edit: Blood dye is also 1 in 11k, and that's a few bil but I've never actually seen anyone PC them because they're so rare.

allta fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 22, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

Someone go unlock summoning plot tia

Someone still needs to do this before I go to sleep, or I'm not going to do citadel. That or someone else needs to finish off the cloth. There is no reason to lock summoning ever

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm around level 30 combat how much would I get out of getting membership now.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

allta posted:

You got lucky just the wrong kind of lucky I think....(middle column is the drop rate per elite clue)

Edit: Blood dye is also 1 in 11k, and that's a few bil but I've never actually seen anyone PC them because they're so rare.

ikr..but yo 20 something mill also i got a shard at rune dragons 3 times now (1 each day) so far now http://imgur.com/a/0WnYx , and this was my very first one i dont think i took a picture of the second one http://imgur.com/a/IsdkY but it was another glaiven one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Swicky posted:

Sombrero for life