Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonfiesta
Sep 4, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

I miss the LLJK chat channel, where goons could meet and stack in peace
It still there, but nobody else is looking for... games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Welp, that sucks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bonfiesta posted:

It still there, but nobody else is looking for... games.

Would you rather look for games or a girlfriend?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm still looking for yames

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

flax, any hope of a uk event happening in the future? I know you had issues trying to organise englan but at the moment we only really have insomnia, which is always won by the same few players of the uk clique

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I really miss the days when you could get a full 5 man stack of goons for a game of dota within a few minutes. Even if some people took things way too seriously it beat the poo poo out of queuing with my sub 1k mmr real life friend which is the only dota i play anymore.

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.

Looke posted:

flax, any hope of a uk event happening in the future? I know you had issues trying to organise englan but at the moment we only really have insomnia, which is always won by the same few players of the uk clique

working on it, and yes I agree. and it won't involve those good teams because I want to encourage scrubs to actually go to lans because its fun

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Love Stole the Day posted:

Does "once a cheat always a cheat" apply to pro dota? Because after reading about the Olympic boxing controversy today I remembered that w33 was branded a cheater many years ago and yet now he's the TI champion.

edit-- oh poo poo i had a bad dream where DC won

If I remember the story right he was in some pub league and they left cheats on, that's all. He's not a stream sniper (unlike alliance) nor does he fix matches (every south american team).

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 17, 2016

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

awesome, i'm sure it's not a high priority at the moment considering you've just got back, but any idea on a rough location and date?

looking forward to some scrub uk dota anyway

Peanut President posted:

If I remember the story right he was in some pub league and they left cheats on, that's all. He's not a stream sniper (unlike alliance).

yeah it was an eel match, that he hosted with the cheats on

Looke fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 17, 2016

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
how can one brain be so broken

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pyrion Flax posted:

working on it, and yes I agree. and it won't involve those good teams because I want to encourage scrubs to actually go to lans because its fun

Scrub tier LAN casts are always hilarious

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

dont put yourself down like that mate

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Chinese comic for the TI finals

http://imgur.com/a/jLXH5

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Zo posted:

Wha.. both Charlie and slacks are cool irl..? Could it be, maybe, that this thread is just filled with a bunch of misanthropes?

It's almost as if people can be nice/fun/cool people and not be good at a certain job. Slacks and Charlie may be cool people but they're awful and annoying in front of a camera

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when overwatch came out charlie played 24 hours of reaper im pretty sure so maybe lets back up all this talk of him being "a good guy"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Scrub tier LAN casts are always hilarious

It reminds me of the UK Starcraft champs, which involved a friggin proxy 1/1/1.

In Dota terms that's one above jungle QoP.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pyrion Flax posted:

I only wore a suit on two days, and it was actually my choice. I could have just worn any shirt with a collar and they would have been ok with it but when there's $20m on the line and you have to go on the main stage and tv and all that I wanted to look at least like I new that was going to happen, rather than the only guy there not in a suit. Charlie scowled at me any time I looked even slightly scruffy and that was the real pressure.

I know you probably get Nam style flashbacks to your days at that poo poo psychic detective show when you wear a suit but I thought you looked best when you were wearing those suits. I'm pretty pro suit in general, the pants are almost always more comfy then any pair of khakis.

Also lol at Charlie getting grumpy at somebody else's choice in clothing when he rolled up as a Yakuza sub lieutenant one day.

Radical posted:

when overwatch came out charlie played 24 hours of reaper im pretty sure so maybe lets back up all this talk of him being "a good guy"

I mean, it's not 24 hours of Tracer

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Josh Blog: https://dotaland.net/2016/08/17/the-international-2016-in-my-view/

quote:

BLink, I think it was, has put ketchup on his scrambled eggs, and the rest of them are marvelling at how he’s ‘so Western

ChuaN cuts in on the conversation as well, and happily jokes at END, “You guys who are here for a one-round vacation should just stfu!!”

Fenrir, LaNm, and old chicken are in the group and they easily carry me to victory. The only time anyone talks is when LaNm goes on voice chat to laugh at my slow reactions, to which I reply I’m terribad and he laughs some more.

I’m hearing people around me, myself included, mentioning this team as one of the best, and most dynamic teams since Team DK. They’re like what DK would have been if they could’ve conquered themselves.

Most of them are too young to even drink, so they don’t even bother coming to the afterparty.

Everyone agrees that Wings are really strong. More comparisons are drawn to 2014 DK.

earlier this year Wings were trying to get some media attention for their players. Media outlets in China were saying that Wings would have to pay them to get featured in any interview… 10k RMB at that. Now the same outlet is messaging their manager nonstop, asking for interviews, and he’s like “I’m not gonna even respond”.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

~China~

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Pflax grats on the blue checkmark on Twitter, it's what we all aspire for

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steakmancer posted:

Pflax grats on the blue checkmark on Twitter, it's what we all aspire for

:same:

:911:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 17, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Anyone can apply for and receive a blue checkmark now because Twitter devs fundamentally misunderstand their own platform

e: Not to say that pflax isn't a cool guy who deserved one under the old system tho

Geight fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 17, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How do I play Sand King and not suck at it

Did he even have any good games this TI? I remember one team getting like 4 heroes killed with a single epi but I think that's because they all jumped the Undying and perfectly set themselves up to be burrow striked like idiots.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Kainser posted:

Chinese comic for the TI finals

http://imgur.com/a/jLXH5

Finally! These are simply the greatest.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Pruge explaining how he became a weatherman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OZyTCXehE

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pyrion Flax posted:

this sounds awesome and I'll probably get off my fat rear end and come to it

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Did he even have any good games this TI? I remember one team getting like 4 heroes killed with a single epi but I think that's because they all jumped the Undying and perfectly set themselves up to be burrow striked like idiots.

You can go solo offlane and max out his passive first (it's good now) if they go two melee but in pubs you can usually get away with iron talon sandstorm jungling (try leeching xp for level 2 sandstorm as level 1 is vastly slower). Buy raindrops with a tp as soon as you can, and then just afk farm and only help your team if someone tries to dive them under a tower. Also buy the flying courier and some wards so your solo support can get some loving boots already

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

He was 21st most contested and had a 58% WR throughout the LAN so you can't deny his effectiveness, I mean you're almost never going to get a huge epic epicenter with him because the other teams play around it so well. He was mainly picked as a strong laner with caustic (which pushes the lane) and also because you can run him as 3 or 4, those things aren't necessarily strengths in pubs.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

ArchangeI posted:

Pruge explaining how he became a weatherman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OZyTCXehE

"after the segments I would stare at the ground and think about all the ways it could have gone better"

"it reminded me about miscommunication problems I have with many of the people in my life"

oh purge

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Nanomashoes posted:

General games thread died because Zoolooman stopped modding it and it got incredibly bad

Yeah when Zoolooman stopped modding that's when this community became insufferable and I started contributing elsewhere. I think it's just a correlation, though.

Bonfiesta
Sep 4, 2012

Ramagamma posted:

I really miss the days when you could get a full 5 man stack of goons for a game of dota within a few minutes. Even if some people took things way too seriously it beat the poo poo out of queuing with my sub 1k mmr real life friend which is the only dota i play anymore.
Ditto. Queuing with randoms has been a miserable experience so far. Especially since I'm rusty from two years of not playing Dota. I just wanna take it easy, ya know?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Yeah when Zoolooman stopped modding that's when this community became insufferable and I started contributing elsewhere. I think it's just a correlation, though.

Smythe needs to step up and be the carry the dota threads deserve.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it wasn't the thread that was an issue it was a single poster.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
gogey did nothing wrong

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Seems like Navi.resolution is happening

https://twitter.com/Resolut1on_/status/766225336942067713?lang=en-gb

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Why? DC did great. If they disband then gently caress everything.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Nanomashoes posted:

Resolution is only 19, he might just want to go home.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Nanomashoes posted:

better salary/homesick/internal issues. Plenty of possibilities.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nanomashoes posted:

Misery can't compete with DC in TI7, his curse forces him to wander forever...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

you abandon everything tho

• Locked thread