Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

kastein posted:

More like Geo Fetchro. They actually did a pretty passable job of it.

Yeap. Reminds me of the cavalero someone had on these forums. Cars chopped into utes are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Saw this VW Karmann Ghia on the walk to work this morning

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
One of the best looking cars of all time.

I had a toy of one as a kid, bunched in with the other "European" die cast cars in my toy box.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If I could only have one car for the rest of my life it would be the Karmann Ghia.

Its a thing of pure beauty, I find them utterly flawless.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The engine?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The one my dad swapped into his beetle worked pretty good until it ejected the spark plug into the fender.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

1500quidporsche posted:

If I could only have one car for the rest of my life it would be the Karmann Ghia.

Its a thing of pure beauty, I find them utterly flawless.

You've really got the shape of an E9 CSL and a Ghia all wrong. Correct country but wrong car.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You've really got the shape of an E9 CSL and a Ghia all wrong. Correct country but wrong car.

Guys, guys! It's ok, we don't have to fight. You can both be right! Because god drat, you're both right.

evilcat
May 16, 2009

Hopefully this conversion is not in the wrong thread. The ratchet lever is likely the brakes, the pole swings side to side for steering, and a three speed plus reverse shifter on the right with what is likely the throttle control. A flathead inline engine up front, Ford V8 branding elsewhere and a gravity fuel tank.
The truck behind it seems like it was some sort of manual tipper that got stacks and an air horn grafted on. The shop had a few more interesting old cars, but most were rolling chassis with stripped interiors that would maybe only be suitable for a drag conversion due to the damage.
Somehow this just seems like the absolute best way to gamble it all on any short drive.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
The one in front must be some sort of an agricultural conversion. Maybe farm workers rode on the platform while hand picking something?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

neckbeard posted:

Saw this VW Karmann Ghia on the walk to work this morning

Theres a Studebaker that kind of looks like this.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I found a bunch of trucking pictures from Northern Europe from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s if anyone is interested. Mostly Norway, but some Sweden and Finland as well.

This truck was actually blown off the road during a storm, luckily it was parked for the night when it happened

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

The one in the back is a late 40s (probably a 47) International KB-8 dump truck. My father-in-law has one that he dailies on the farm. His actually needs a lot of body work, is that one for sale? :v:

beep-beep car is go fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 16, 2016

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!
$3,900 haha

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Where can I buy one?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

kastein posted:

Where can I buy one?

Those are becoming shockingly common in socal.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I think there's only that one so far. Flyin Miata is supposed to start selling the kit again soon.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I want that but without all the suspension travel, just huge tyres :v:

evilcat
May 16, 2009

Shampoo posted:

The one in the back is a late 40s (probably a 47) International KB-8 dump truck. My father-in-law has one that he dailies on the farm. His actually needs a lot of body work, is that one for sale? :v:

Last I saw (last Friday) it was, along with the two cars barely visible past it. There are a couple more cars on the other side of the lot, nothing else quite as interesting though, and the two cars are pretty much empty rolling shells that one might be valuable if someone collects what looks like a 40's Oldsmobile and some other thing I forgot.
My attention was directed at the dump truck and primarily the pickup chariot.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm posting this here because I lived, which is pretty awesome imo!

Driving on the highway back home from a pleasant weekend yesterday, about to take an exit on a windy day and a transport ahead of me somehow kicks up a roughly 3x3 piece of what looked like sheet metal 8-10 feet in the air, which then ninja-stars at the front of my car and chops the motherfucking bumper clean in half.

Not sure what would have happened if that hit the windshield, but Final Destination feels right.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Farmland Park posted:

I found a bunch of trucking pictures from Northern Europe from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s if anyone is interested. Mostly Norway, but some Sweden and Finland as well.

These are awesome.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Driving on the highway back home from a pleasant weekend yesterday, about to take an exit on a windy day and a transport ahead of me somehow kicks up a roughly 3x3 piece of what looked like sheet metal 8-10 feet in the air, which then ninja-stars at the front of my car and chops the motherfucking bumper clean in half.

Not sure what would have happened if that hit the windshield, but Final Destination feels right.

:stonk:

Good loving god

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Jesus tittyfucking Christ, glad you're ok.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
That's some comic book katana-slicing-through-car bullshit right there.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Given sufficient speed and mass, you don't need sharpness.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

These are awesome.

Glad you like them, here have some more

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

KozmoNaut posted:

Or given sharpness and speed...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

KozmoNaut posted:

But its such a clean cut.
No edge curling, shredding, denting and even the paint isnt scratched

What Im saying is those steel sheets were headed for the box cutter factory.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

wargames posted:

Theres a Studebaker that kind of looks like this.

Champion Starliner? (one of the best car names ever)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

NoWake posted:

Or given sharpness and speed...

It helps that in most areas where there'd be a tornado that strong, the summer heat is enough to soften asphalt pretty well. Hell, I'm 500+ miles from tornado alley and the tar they patch cracks with got stuck to my boot soles when I stood on it in the sun for a few minutes replacing my brake pads a weekend or two ago.

Still, that's impressive.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Looks like concrete, not asphalt.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Those are becoming shockingly common in socal.
A modern interpretation of the dune buggy?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

And now I want crispy pancakes. Awesome photos.

Ford Anglia before the nose job.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Larrymer posted:

Looks like concrete, not asphalt.

You might be right. It looked dark enough to be faded asphalt, I swear! (and we have so many asphalt curbs here that I'm used to seeing that.)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

KozmoNaut posted:

My mother had a large rock fly through her windshield (must have been going very fast as it was modern glass) and land on the (thankfully empty) passenger seat.

Unsecured loads should come with jail time.

Her cousin's husband was killed by a truck wheel that hadn't been properly torqued on the freeway (young son in the passenger seat), so I think my family is cursed.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
http://newsroom.aaa.com/2016/08/american-drivers-arent-securing-loads-road/

quote:

New AAA Foundation study shows that more than 200,000 Crashes Are Caused by Road Debris...approximately 39,000 injuries and more than 500 deaths between 2011 and 2014...Most states’ penalties result in fines ranging from $10-$5,000, with at least 16 states listing jail as a possible punishment...

Here is a pdf of State Road Debris Laws for Non-Commercial Vehicles (linked in the article above)
http://publicaffairsresources.aaa.biz/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Road-debris-State-Laws.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDoerxecKF8

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

neckbeard posted:

Champion Starliner? (one of the best car names ever)

That is a pretty car, how much do they run for nowadays?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you have to ask

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Well, it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Bape Culture posted:

Well, it owned

Hnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg :gizz: