Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Only state polling Magellan did in 2012 was for Louisiana, where they overestimated Romney's margin by 4% despite polling in October. So... if you are comparing that result to 2012, with house effects it's probably in line with the previous election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

What the gently caress?! What a clown

What I love about this is how obvious it is that he just searched mentions of his own name.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Another glaring reminder of why "Thank God for Mississippi" is a thing.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Speaking of things that come from Mississippi:

https://twitter.com/clarajeffery/status/765919679839932416

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Sadly John Oliver doesn't air enough during the week. I never get tired of him tearing Trump down and this would be hysterical

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Doctor Butts posted:

If by propping her up they mean making it comfortable for someone with short legs sitting on a deep seat, then yes.

omg Hillary has short legs, is that an incurable condition?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sarmhan posted:

That reads more like surreal comedy than a political attack.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Obligatory Phil Ochs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7fgB0m_y2I

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FairGame posted:

this is just the start of the trail that leads to Hillary Clinton having and using a tsundere body pillow

...I have no idea what tsundere means and I have only ever seen it in the context of body pillows, mostly relating to the Barkley 2 game that will never exist

well, seeya later

Trump on the other hand only has use for the yuugest anime body pillows unlike Crooked Hillary.

:sad:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

SirFozzie posted:

Oh it gets better:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/765786031694221313

Apparently Trump thinks his campaign hasn't been combative enough.

Paul just wasn't a wartime consiglieri.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Noted Republican stronghold Riverside County in CA has now flipped blue. Democrat voter registration now outnumbers Republican registration for the first time since records were kept. The county went for Obama in 08 and 12 but now it looks like this will stay permanent.

Orange County's Republican registration lead had slipped to just 5% now from a high of 22%.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Air is lava! posted:

Okay. Honest question here. Has Trump made one good decision during the general election? As far as I see it, the "moderate" tones Manaford fed him were the only thing keeping him alive. The only way to run a worse campaign would be to formally endorse Hillary. And even then 35% would vote for him.

He ran and destroyed the GOP.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FCKGW posted:

Noted Republican stronghold Riverside County in CA has now flipped blue. Democrat voter registration now outnumbers Republican registration for the first time since records were kept. The county went for Obama in 08 and 12 but now it looks like this will stay permanent.

Orange County's Republican registration lead had slipped to just 5% now from a high of 22%.

Well, lets see some electoral results before we start calling strongholds flipped.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Mississippi is almost certainly the worst state in the union, this is just more evidence of that.

Your largest city has less than 200,000 people, you've got some of the worst southern heat, you don't have any natural splendor worth mentioning AND you're always near last in nearly every quality of life metric? What DON'T you do well, MS???

edit: lol just remembered that their state flag has an inset Stars 'n Bars

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

zoux posted:

Well, lets see some electoral results before we start calling strongholds flipped.

I'm hoping this year is the year. We went for Obama in 08 and 12, but 75% of all county elected positions are still held by Republicans, including my shithead congressman who's been there for 20 years despite being caught with a prostitute and taking away park land from a city to build a storage unit.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Maybe Sam Seaborn can finally win that Congressional seat in Orange County.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

theflyingorc posted:

Mississippi is almost certainly the worst state in the union, this is just more evidence of that.

Your largest city has less than 200,000 people, you've got some of the worst southern heat, you don't have any natural splendor worth mentioning AND you're always near last in nearly every quality of life metric? What DON'T you do well, MS???

Uh, Delta Blues are good and cool. Other than that? Um, well, I

poo poo.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Hey, MS has plenty of natural splendor. That's probably all it has, really.

I would be in favor of declaring it a failed state and setting aside all of its land for conservation purposes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Facebook posted:

Just as we won the Cold War, in part, by exposing the evils of communism and the virtues of free markets, so too must we take on the ideology of Radical Islam.

While my opponent accepted millions of dollars in Foundation donations from countries where being gay is an offense punishable by prison or death, my Administration will speak out against the oppression of women, gays and people of different beliefs.

-Donald J. Trump

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BTW plz don't read anything about my VP pick thanks!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This election is my favorite election

https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/765933811284660225

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

At least along the gulf coast portion there are lots of pretty girls :confuoot:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

An article in the WaPo and Vox today about Hillary's transition team and early administration priorities:

- Her first big domestic agenda item is going to be "Making the Economy Work for Working Families and Parents"

:crossarms: We could call it... something along the lines of... America Works...?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

FCKGW posted:

How much longer till they kick Darryl Issa to the curb?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They're just going to hand him a 200 page document completely redacted out.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So basically, letting Trump give in to every stupid, horrible impulse that got him far with the deranged primary crowd? Exactly what you'd expect from hiring a fanboy for strategy.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Pakled posted:

But where does this Bannon guy stand on Esper control?

Can we truly trust BANNON to lead a violent rebellion against the planet-spanning empire?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

"Mississippi is a little slice of Haiti right here on our shores, except they don't make baseballs and the music sucks." - Greg Proops

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Xae posted:

Well... according to CNN today was the first day Trump received the Intel Briefing.

Manafort was fired/shuffled hours later.

:tinfoil:
omg. If it turns out that Trump's classified briefings are just status updates into ongoing investigations into the Trump campaign and Trump's people, which he is legally barred from talking about in public, then we're truly living in the best timeline.

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

SubponticatePoster posted:

poo poo.

Mountain Blues as well. Hell, pretty much anything by black people living in the state. White people there are a waste though.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, but then they all moved up to Chicago and made better blues there.

RL Burnside and Junior Kimbraugh stuck around

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SubponticatePoster posted:

poo poo.

Yeah, but then they all moved up to Chicago and made better blues there.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Hey, MS has plenty of natural splendor. That's probably all it has, really.

I would be in favor of declaring it a failed state and setting aside all of its land for conservation purposes.

basically I was just trying to include good reasons for Wyoming to still be better.

Because it is, Yellowstone and all that

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

someone at clickhole just got scooped

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

he probably has a fine sense that they don't trust him either

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Didn't Trump run an attack on Hillary last week saying that she's actually super secret bffs with Putin? Like on the same weekend that his daughter was hanging out with Putin's wife?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lots of my "voting for Clinton but not too happy about it" friends are pretty worried about Ken Salazar's appointment as her transition chief due to his pro-fracking (and anti-any sort of fracking regulation) positions. I mostly agree that it's a pretty big misstep but I'm wondering a) how much it matters and b) what people who are generally pro-Clinton can/should do about it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Phone posted:

Didn't Trump run an attack on Hillary last week saying that she's actually super secret bffs with Putin? Like on the same weekend that his daughter was hanging out with Putin's wife?

Putin's rumored girlfriend, but otherwise yeah.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phone posted:

It wasn't so much "run an attack" as "publish one of those press release letters," but yes.

The Trump campaign's slogan is "I am rubber, you are glue."

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Red Square Bear posted:

Three reasons I'd prefer Perry:

1. gently caress Ted Cruz
2. gently caress Ted Cruz
3. Um, uh, uhoh...

...oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Harrow posted:

Lots of my "voting for Clinton but not too happy about it" friends are pretty worried about Ken Salazar's appointment as her transition chief due to his pro-fracking (and anti-any sort of fracking regulation) positions. I mostly agree that it's a pretty big misstep but I'm wondering a) how much it matters and b) what people who are generally pro-Clinton can/should do about it.

Isn't Clinton pro-fracking?

• Locked thread