Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I could see Corbin as the next Bikertaker, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want Corbin to come out and cut the infamous Death Valley promo verbatim now, including talking about Brother Paul and such. See if he can handle being Bikertaker at his worst.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You know who was REALLY to blame in the death of Owen Hart?

quote:

No disrespect meant to either the Hart family or other subscribers, but a good deal of the blame being thrown around in the tragedy's aftermath has to fall back on Owen Hart. And I don't hear anyone acknowledging this. If his wife objected to the stunt and he didn't want to do it, and since it played no important role in any angle or storyline and he didn't like the Blue Blazer character and didn't like working for the WWF after what they did to his brother, why did he do it?

The first rule of life is that you are responsible above and beyond anyone else for protecting yourself. This means not letting yourself get talked into doing dangerous things, especially if you don't need the money and would prefer to be home with your family and long for the old style of wrestling. Sure, we all know by now that Al Pacino's character in "Devil's Advocate" is a watered down portrayal of Vince McMahon, but is it possible that enjoying the money and notoriety of the WWF a bit too much had something to do with him being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Otherwise, why wasn't he working a part-time Japanese schedule wrestling a more athletic and realistic style and spending more time home with his wife and kids?

There are a thousand reasons to wish bad karma on Vince McMahon. I'm not sure this incident is a good one.

Mark Underwood

Indianapolis, Indiana

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I could see Baron Corbin becoming like the Undertaker of 2016, good only at kicking people in the dick

I want Baron Corbin's torso-face to be the new Undertaker while Baron's head looks on horrified.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Owen screwed Owen. :vince:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions: we all know by now that Al Pacino's character in "Devil's Advocate" is a watered down portrayal of Vince McMahon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I bet the ten thousand reasons to wish bad karma on Vince McMahon are all "pushed bad workers."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed. Johnson 2016

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MassRafTer posted:

I bet the ten thousand reasons to wish bad karma on Vince McMahon are all "pushed bad workers."

9,996 of them, the other 4 are:

Hatred of the word 'belt', when I wear one every day. gently caress you Vince, it helps my god drat pants stay up. Bitch.

Portrayal of the character 'IRS' as a heel led to bad image for accountants everywhere. Why not a face run where he helped people find tax loopholes?

Refusal to ever name a PPV/Network Special 'WWE Super Cool Wrasslefest Extreme Boogaloo Hootenanny 2016'

Let Stephanie marry HHH instead of cool alternate timelines where the future of WWE is in the hands of Duke the Dumpster Droese, Gillberg, Test (RIP), or Brakkus

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/765901381513408513

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

trump 2016

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
mods please change my name to Resuv and his manger

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I would loving love to read all the FCC complaints the WWE has gotten

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Whole lot of Undertaker disrespect over the last 24 hours tbh

okay seriously stop submitting things to this tumblr guys i am getting Mad

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The battle of greasy men who probably hung around high school long after they dropped out.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A story about my totally-real-not-at-all-made-up friend who's gone from being a WWE fan to buying $200 worth of TNA merch.

quote:

NomDePlume_ Ace • a minute ago
It takes time to turn a ship around, but it's been turning certainly.

I've spoken several times of my friend who was a dyed in the wool WWF/E mark and self-admitted apologist for them doing an about face with the Final Deletion episode.

He's real, and a rabid Impact fan today to the point it's near shocking to experience having known and endured his massive bias for so long.

He's bought something like $200 in merchandise now and signs the praises of Impact like a song bird.

Damnest thing I've ever seen.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

flashy_mcflash posted:

A story about my totally-real-not-at-all-made-up friend who's gone from being a WWE fan to buying $200 worth of TNA merch.

He signs their praises? Hey that's cool, a deaf TNA fan!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is there even $200 of TNA merch available?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I thought mayyyyybe this was real until I saw "resve" and lost my suspension of disbelief

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The sentence "he sings the praises of Impact like a song bird" is just killing me for some reason. I don't know why I find it so funny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna need receipts. I think TNA would be gloating if $200 was spent in that shop

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The only reason I give a poo poo about Jeff Hardy getting clean is that I really want WWE to re-sign the Hardys solely to destroy the spirit of TNA Mecca posters

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Congratulations to that guy, he just bought TNA.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

its all been discounted!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The only reason I give a poo poo about Jeff Hardy getting clean is that I really want WWE to re-sign the Hardys solely to destroy the spirit of TNA Mecca posters

They've insulated themselves against that. You want to see Mecca tears? Get EC3 in NXT.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
As EC3, not Derrick Bateman

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE COOLEST ITEM WE HAVE EVER HAD! IT IS AN OFFICIAL TNA GUITAR WITH TNA FOUNDER AND KING OF THE MOUNTAIN JEFF JARRETT LASER ENGRAVED ON THE GUITAR ITSELF.

IT IS THE MOST LIMITED ITEM EVER OFFERED AN ITEM LIKE THIS COULD GO FOR WHAT? A $1000? NOT ON MY WATCH, BABY!!!!

ONE TIME ONLY PRICE TO THE LUCKY FEW WHO GET THIS.

$199.99
ARE YOU KIDDING?
IN MY MIND THIS IS THE COOLEST AND GREATEST DEAL EVER OFFERED
BAR NONE! GEM MINT 10 BABY
ACT NOW!!!

PRICE $199.99
ALLOW 3 TO 4 WEEKS DELIVERY

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

They've insulated themselves against that. You want to see Mecca tears? Get EC3 in NXT.

"You know, TNA's problems really started when he came!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE COOLEST ITEM WE HAVE EVER HAD! IT IS AN OFFICIAL TNA GUITAR WITH TNA FOUNDER AND KING OF THE MOUNTAIN JEFF JARRETT LASER ENGRAVED ON THE GUITAR ITSELF.

IT IS THE MOST LIMITED ITEM EVER OFFERED AN ITEM LIKE THIS COULD GO FOR WHAT? A $1000? NOT ON MY WATCH, BABY!!!!

ONE TIME ONLY PRICE TO THE LUCKY FEW WHO GET THIS.

$199.99
ARE YOU KIDDING?
IN MY MIND THIS IS THE COOLEST AND GREATEST DEAL EVER OFFERED
BAR NONE! GEM MINT 10 BABY
ACT NOW!!!

PRICE $199.99
ALLOW 3 TO 4 WEEKS DELIVERY

Now available for 30 loving dollars. LMAO.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

To be honest $30 is a good price for an acoustic guitar, isn't it?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Teddybear posted:

To be honest $30 is a good price for an acoustic guitar, isn't it?

Especially one with Jeff Jarrett forever on it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If Ambrose gets popped for wellness I'll order one of those guitars and write a sad song with it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

If Ambrose gets popped for wellness I'll order one of those guitars and write a sad song with it

Is it because you also love Dean or is this a Troll Foochs thing, I'm genuinely unsure

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Haha it does seem like a trolling thing but no I just think it will be funny enough to do if it happens and annoying enough for me to be happy if it doesn't

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

holy poo poo i need to buy some $30 jeff jarrett guitars to smash for effect

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

holy poo poo i need to buy some $30 jeff jarrett guitars to smash for effect

As long as you realise it'll never draw a dime, ok.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

like i've ever thought i'd make money being in band

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope the Jeff Jarrett edition guitar has the bracket on the back to put the firework in, as that's the most important part of a Jarrett guitar to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

really cool gee-tar!
by Sampson on 5/8/2015 12:51:58 AM
I am so getting this! I'll look so cool on stage with my new guitar, and picture of the most beautiful man in the world on it! the guitar I have now has no strings, so this will be a nice change of pace for me! can't wait to rock out while I'm answering nature's call!, should get everything movin'!

:psyduck: