Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

watching sailing on NBC:
"Everything is fine"

"There has not been one complaint about the water here at rio, the media made it out to be really bad, but not one person has complained. Some of the sailors even have gone on to swim in the water after the event it's so clean"
Next segment:
"They have helicopters go out in the morning to direct boats where to pick up the garbage that has floated into the circles for sailing"

I'm sorry but if you need to direct trash boars by helicopter every morning at your premier beach / sailing venue, then your water isn't clean.
Not to mention the water is still full of literal poo poo.. maybe the sail far enough out where it's less brown and lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
Possibility: it happened, those guys really were cops, and the Brazilian legal system is retaliating against the guy blowing the whistle?

Not likely though. I was suspicious when he claimed they let him keep his phone.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Teddybear posted:

I desperately hope we figure out what the gently caress actually happened, because I guarantee it'll be hilarious.

The key here is his mom broke the story. So step 1 of the entire night is Lochte telling his mom he was robbed, even though he wasn't. The big question is trying to figure out why the gently caress this would ever happen. Did he run out of money and wanted his mom to think he was robbed so she would send more over to him? Was it the worlds shittiest joke?

Either way it's boggling that when confronted by the media, Lochte's reaction is to double down on the story and make poo poo up like it actually happened. Rather than, you know, tell his mom the truth.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there about 3-4 others with him? Did they all just decide to join in for funsies?

I'm definitely thinking illegal activities.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

tater_salad posted:

"There has not been one complaint about the water here at rio, the media made it out to be really bad, but not one person has complained.

what the gently caress they just pulled a LEG out of water yesterday. A loving human leg from a murdered dude.

Although maybe nobody literally complained about it out loud so the statement there can stand.

Everything is fine.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Judge Schnoopy posted:

what the gently caress they just pulled a LEG out of water yesterday. A loving human leg from a murdered dude.

Although maybe nobody literally complained about it out loud so the statement there can stand.

Everything is fine.

Bright side is the dude can participate in the Paralympics.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Wap_SbVkI

Look at this guy last night. He forgot he was supposed to jump over the hurdles, lmao.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

goatface posted:

Wasn't there about 3-4 others with him? Did they all just decide to join in for funsies?

I'm definitely thinking illegal activities.

I heard Ryan Lochte was involved in snuff tourism that night and needed an excuse to lose a few hundred in cash. Pass it on.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Rio 2016 in one image

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Pleads posted:

I heard Ryan Lochte was involved in snuff tourism that night and needed an excuse to lose a few hundred in cash. Pass it on.

I heard it got something to do with deceiving his girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The key here is his mom broke the story. So step 1 of the entire night is Lochte telling his mom he was robbed, even though he wasn't. The big question is trying to figure out why the gently caress this would ever happen. Did he run out of money and wanted his mom to think he was robbed so she would send more over to him? Was it the worlds shittiest joke?

Either way it's boggling that when confronted by the media, Lochte's reaction is to double down on the story and make poo poo up like it actually happened. Rather than, you know, tell his mom the truth.

This is why he should be extradited to Brazil.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Darth123123 posted:

This is why he should be extradited to Brazil.

What's he charged with?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wasting police time.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Subjunctive posted:

What's he charged with?

it's a joke you tool. See the US would never allow extradition of an Olympic gold medal athlete, much less to Brazil.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Everything is fine.

NO ONE HIT THE LEG, IT WAS CLEANED UP BEFORE THE EVENT.. EVERYTHING IS FINE!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/status/765939893025533952

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

lol

I love Brazilian fans

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pleads posted:

what the hell is snuff tourism.

Vasily Tokarev
Jul 29, 2016

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

what the hell is snuff tourism.

Paying for the thrill of killing a poor local.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vasily Tokarev posted:

Paying for the thrill of killing a poor local.

oh so he paid to join the police for a day?

Vasily Tokarev
Jul 29, 2016

by Smythe

tater_salad posted:

Those ride-alongs are pretty intense

Vasily Tokarev
Jul 29, 2016

by Smythe
and erotic

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

tater_salad posted:

This one wins this page.

Goddamn. That was awesome.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

German Olympic federation showing their fun side:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37105796

"It looked as though they completed a fun run and not [an] Olympic [race]," German Athletics Federation director Thomas Kurschilgen told reporters.

He argued that it was "disrespectful and a slap in the face to all the other athletes in the German team". Public relations should not come before the interest of the national team, he argued.

JFC, lighten up Germany!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Bad news for Lochte, because the moment a Brazilian police officer approaches him with a gun and demands his wallet he'll phase shift two days into the past. Hopefully he can solve the mystery this time and escape the loop.

I just want you to know I got this joke and you're good people for making it.

Same.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Randumb Thots posted:

Possibility: it happened, those guys really were cops, and the Brazilian legal system is retaliating against the guy blowing the whistle?

Not likely though. I was suspicious when he claimed they let him keep his phone.

The Brazilian cops are very corrupt and I am suspect of anything they say. On the other hand Lochte is reportedly a gigantic douche bag so I am conflicted.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm expecting at least one claim that the CCTV is actually of the day before.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If they got held up by cops, it's quite possible they just asked for a bribe (or a "fine") and let them go.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I don't know which story is true but either way it's funny

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I'll admit, I was kinda hoping the hurdler's roid rage hit and he just powered through those puny obstacles.

Horse picture is pretty great (hoping they're not dead). Hope male gymnast isn't dead. Dying kinda ruins it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

B!G_$W@NG@ posted:

Hope male gymnast isn't dead. Dying kinda ruins it.

Looks pretty alive in this interview (Dutch).
He actually completed the exercise after that fall, finished 7th out of 8.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 17, 2016

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Serious question, has there ever been an instance of a medal recipient being booed during an award ceremony before, or is that French guy a first?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
*Knock on son's hotel room door*

Head of Irish Olympic Committee: "Well son, looks like the entertainment has arriv-"

Apparently he was naked when he answered the door :laffo:

Also the Brazilian police just do not give a gently caress about lawyer-client confidentiality and posted a letter from his solicitor. The letter instructs Hickey to tell the Irish Sports Minister in an upcoming meeting regarding the arrest of an Irish Touter, to shove it up his rear end or face legal action. There'd be holy loving war in Ireland if the Guards pulled that kind of poo poo. People on Irish forums are loving it because there's loving nothing the Irish political/legal class can do about this. This is what normally happens in Ireland.

This guy is on the IOC Executive Board by the way, as well as being the President of the European Olympics Committees, pretty much the most senior official in European sport. The media is just reporting him as the Irish OC head though.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 17, 2016

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

That Japanese dick vault fella isn't taking it too well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37103648

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
These kayak/canoe sprint races are ridiculous to watch. They seem like they should be in the lumberjack games or something.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

B!G_$W@NG@ posted:

These kayak/canoe sprint races are ridiculous to watch. They seem like they should be in the lumberjack games or something.

I somewhat miss the lumberjack games. Where they strapped a VW engine to a chainsaw in the hotsaw competition.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Negrostrike posted:

That Japanese dick vault fella isn't taking it too well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37103648

nobody likes being the butt of the joke

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

School Nickname posted:

*Knock on son's hotel room door*

Head of Irish Olympic Committee: "Well son, looks like the entertainment has arriv-"

Apparently he was naked when he answered the door :laffo:

Also the Brazilian police just do not give a gently caress about lawyer-client confidentiality and posted a letter from his solicitor. The letter instructs Hickey to tell the Irish Sports Minister in an upcoming meeting regarding the arrest of an Irish Touter, to shove it up his rear end or face legal action. There'd be holy loving war in Ireland if the Guards pulled that kind of poo poo. People on Irish forums are loving it because there's loving nothing the Irish political/legal class can do about this. This is what normally happens in Ireland.

This guy is on the IOC Executive Board by the way, as well as being the President of the European Olympics Committees, pretty much the most senior official in European sport. The media is just reporting him as the Irish OC head though.

This is incredible, thanks! Been trying to find out more on this since it broke.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
naked irishman in rio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Mierenneuker posted:

:ohdear:

Ah well, at least we'll always have 2012.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZZQoQdKUoA

Holy poo poo you guys, the world DID end in 2012, we just didn't notice. Four years after the end of the world and everything is devolving into chaos. The Rio Olympics, like everything else in 2016, are just a symptom of the problem.

How could these things happen in a well ordered universe, I ask you.

• Locked thread