Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Well I've prepared several rankings sheets for my buddy in prison. He's stoked for the season to be back and says it's one of the few things that keeps his mind occupied on the inside.

That's pretty cool. How does that work? Do they do a draft on the inside or does he tell you who to draft for him? I want more info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

That's pretty cool. How does that work? Do they do a draft on the inside or does he tell you who to draft for him? I want more info!

It actually took us a couple weeks to hash out the best method, and it's pretty funny. Basically half the league or more is signing up for a prisoner calling service called pigeon.ly (what a great name for prison communication!). The service provides the inmate with 60 minutes per person of calling time monthly. He's been rationing his time between me and two other members (we're his go to calls for commissary scratch and outside info). Come draft day he's going to hang out by the phones all day (it's a line, once he hangs up he has to go to the back of the line), he'll try to pace it so he gets close to his draft pick, call one of us and hang out on the phone until his pick or make the pick quickly and hang up. He only gets 15 minutes per call though so he can't be too early or too late. He can't switch between email and phone since they are in different parts of the facility or else we'd email him 3-4 picks before his so he had time to get in line and make the call.

We've all agreed to pause the draft when it gets to him if he hasn't called us.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
There was nothing wrong with DGB hype. He was slow getting going and totally inconsistent, but games where he got any volume he put up big numbers. Easy to forget given the stellar rookies recently, but 30-550-4 is a totally fine rookie stat line, and not evidence of some massive bust. The Titans receiving corps was begging for someone to step up, and DGB was as good a bet as anyone until Matthews signed on. I mean, it totally depends how high people were hyping him up, of course. But hoping for 50-800-6 or something like that, assuming he was able to claim a starting spot, doesn't seem insane hype given his competition was Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Oh and don't get me started on how DFS has broken season-long analysis.

I'm actually interested to hear your thoughts on this. I enjoy messing around with DFS a bit in-season, but I get a good chuckle out of seeing some of the Twitter guys obsess over preseason DFS.

RAHEEM MOSTERT HYPE TRAIN

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

It actually took us a couple weeks to hash out the best method, and it's pretty funny. Basically half the league or more is signing up for a prisoner calling service called pigeon.ly (what a great name for prison communication!). The service provides the inmate with 60 minutes per person of calling time monthly. He's been rationing his time between me and two other members (we're his go to calls for commissary scratch and outside info). Come draft day he's going to hang out by the phones all day (it's a line, once he hangs up he has to go to the back of the line), he'll try to pace it so he gets close to his draft pick, call one of us and hang out on the phone until his pick or make the pick quickly and hang up. He only gets 15 minutes per call though so he can't be too early or too late. He can't switch between email and phone since they are in different parts of the facility or else we'd email him 3-4 picks before his so he had time to get in line and make the call.

This is awesome. You are good friends.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

This is really cool let me know how it goes. Hopefully he gets out soon?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Benne posted:

Why did people think DGB was ever going to be a thing? He's Josh Gordon levels of wasting talent, but with a criminal history that's way worse than "likes weed," no NFL success to speak of and even more laziness. The Titans coaches poo poo on him all summer and buried him on the depth chart as a motivational tactic, then traded him for peanuts when none of it worked.

Yet despite all that, I kept hearing fantasy jokers, even people whose opinions I normally take seriously, talk about DGB as a "sleeper." I swear, this business is so infatuated with 40 times and SPARQ scores that they never pay attention to the poo poo coaches care about -- like, you know, trying in practice and not being a knucklehead.

You're making the assumption that nfl front offices make perfect decisions. You're talking about a team that hasn't developed a wr worth a drat since the early/mid 2000s.

Some players never realize their potential (Rueben Randle, Jared Cook, ect.) but certain metrics are predictive enough to be used in finding potential breakout candidates.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

This is awesome. You are good friends.

Thanks! He's basically my littler brother and I'd do just about anything for him.

RisqueBarber posted:

This is really cool let me know how it goes. Hopefully he gets out soon?

I'll post our league draft and highlight his team. That way ya'll can rip him for his 2 round reaches on all SF players and I can pass on the burns haha. He should hopefully be out of a facility and onto house arrest sometime next year, but the system is notoriously slow in handling this crap.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I think the Eagles trading for DGB pretty definitively suggests that Agholor is the bigger bust here than DGB. Dude was a 20th overall pick in the NFL draft and a mid rookie 1st in fantasy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

I think the Eagles trading for DGB pretty definitively suggests that Agholor is the bigger bust here than DGB. Dude was a 20th overall pick in the NFL draft and a mid rookie 1st in fantasy.

Just not sure you can say that yet. Do we know the plan long term isn't for Matthews in the slot, then Agholor and DGB wide? Apparently Rueben Randle has been dogshit, Chris Givens and Huff are nobodies. Not saying Agholor won't be a bust, but seems premature to assume he'll be the guy displaced by DGB when there's plenty of other awful guys who could lose out too.

Edit: Seems much more of an indictment to be traded away for peanuts from your team with lovely receivers than to have your team with lovely receivers bring in another receiver, if that makes sense.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 17, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
DGB has had problems adjusting to the rigors of the NFL and now he's going to have to learn a new playbook in mid-August for a team that has spent the last two years circling the drain.

BUY BUY BUY

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Just not sure you can say that yet. Do we know the plan long term isn't for Matthews in the slot, then Agholor and DGB wide? Apparently Rueben Randle has been dogshit, Chris Givens and Huff are nobodies. Not saying Agholor won't be a bust, but seems premature to assume he'll be the guy displaced by DGB when there's plenty of other awful guys who could lose out too.

Edit: Seems much more of an indictment to be traded away for peanuts from your team with lovely receivers than to have your team with lovely receivers bring in another receiver, if that makes sense.

Maybe. Trades are weird in the NFL. Seattle gave up a goddamned fortune for Percy Harvin who was a spectacular flop, while the niners got three good years out of Boldin for just a sixth round pick.

Huff will probably stick around on the roster for kick returns, but you're right it's not clear yet who the outside guys will be.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Hey Everyone!

We have 2 openings in my FREE Super-Keeper / Goon Dynasty League (15 keepers, no penalty, 7 round draft each season to replace rosters, add rookies etc.)

League Scoring Rules
Scoring & Format -Pretty Standard scoring but;
.5 PPR with .1 awarded to QB for completions
200$ Waiver budget for the season

Yardage Bonuses
Passing
300-399yds +2
400 or more yds +5

Rushing and Receiving bonuses (counted separately)
100-199yds +2
200 or more yds +5

No Penalty for missed Field Goals
------------------
Roster Sizes

Full Roster 22 Players 15 Keepers kept regardless of round.
Starters
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 DF
1 K
1 W/R/T/ Flex
BN 12

The available teams are as follows:

Field Goal Frogout's Team

Honore de Balzack's Team

If you want a team, please post in our thread with your first preference of team.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654090&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

I was calling Agholor a stupid pick from day one. I have no idea why teams are consistently infatuated with high polish USC receivers. But he's still a young guy and can make the leap. Same with DGB.

And the reason people keep holding out hope is that DGB is a physical freak. Tons of guys in the NFL get drafted with a myriad of red flags and turn in productive careers. Vontaze Burfict is the first name that comes to mind. Hell you can have guys that turn in just a few ok seasons and be well worth the chances like Alfonzo Dennard. Giants cut Will Hill and suffered one of the worst coverage years in their history as a team.

I'd always take the physical freak headcase over the polite kid who topped out in college. For fantasy that's a different story but I can see why people still think DGB can turn it around.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MacheteZombie posted:

Well I've prepared several rankings sheets for my buddy in prison. He's stoked for the season to be back and says it's one of the few things that keeps his mind occupied on the inside.

Thanks for being his man on the outside Beer!

That's loving awesome.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

jadebullet posted:

Here is the team that I drafted. Hopefully there is something to work with here. Like I said, this is my first year participating in a league, so any tips or anything like that are greatly appreciated. It is a PPR league with reception providing .5 points.

Drew Brees (QB)
Joe Flacco  (QB)

Devonta Freeman (RB)
LeSean McCoy (RB)
Duke Johnson Jr  (RB)
Darron Sproles (RB)

Amari Cooper (WR)
Emmanuel Sanders (WR)
Michael Crabtree (WR)
Dorial Green-Beckham (WR)
Bruce Ellington (WR)

Coby Fleener (TE)
Jason Witten (TE)
Dwayne Allen (TE)

D'Quell Jackson (LB)

Raiders (D/ST)

Roberto Aguayo(K)

The lineup rules are:
QB: 1
RB: 2
WR: 2
FLEX: 1
TE: 1
Defensive Player Utility (DP): 1
D/ST: 1
K: 1
Bench: 7
Injury Reserve: 1

This is pretty average IMO. You should never draft more than 1 TE, much less 3 of them. I'd drop Witten for one of the sleeper RBs or WR mentioned on the last two pages. Same for DGB, he has zero chance of early season relevance after being traded. You probably didn't need a backup QB since you have Brees, but Brees has an early bye and Flacco plays the Redskins during Brees' bye so I'd just hold him at this point.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's loving awesome.

im tired of working post new beersheets!

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

coronaball posted:

This is pretty average IMO. You should never draft more than 1 TE, much less 3 of them. I'd drop Witten for one of the sleeper RBs or WR mentioned on the last two pages. Same for DGB, he has zero chance of early season relevance after being traded. You probably didn't need a backup QB since you have Brees, but Brees has an early bye and Flacco plays the Redskins during Brees' bye so I'd just hold him at this point.

poo poo. Yeah, I didn't know that about the TE thing, I just grabbed the other two because I figured getting backups for injuries or bye weeks would be good.

As for dropping players and replacing them, how does that work exactly? (Like I said, it's my first time doing this) Am I able to drop people and just grab people that weren't drafted, or is there a different method that I have to go through.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

im tired of working post new beersheets!

I post new BeerSheets in the evening.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

jadebullet posted:

poo poo. Yeah, I didn't know that about the TE thing, I just grabbed the other two because I figured getting backups for injuries or bye weeks would be good.

As for dropping players and replacing them, how does that work exactly? (Like I said, it's my first time doing this) Am I able to drop people and just grab people that weren't drafted, or is there a different method that I have to go through.

Dropping and adding players depends on what settings your league has, if you could post that for us it'd make it a lot easier.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

My big rear end money dynasty league needs keepers set. 14 teams. No limit to keepers. Salary cap $300. Starting lineup is QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/DL/DB/LB/DEF/K. 12 STARTERS/9 RESERVES/5 IR/3 PRACTICE SQUAD. Salary format is first three years, contracts increase by 10%, fourth year 20%, fifth year 50% and we haven't figured out from there.

Any injury can be stashed on IR, up to 5 spots. I bolded who I am thinking of keeping. Adds up to 18 players costing $115. That will leave me with $185 to draft on 8 skill position players, since I have stashed the practice squad and IR to capacity with guys I am keeping. Let me know what you think.

Also debating cutting Watt and seeing if I can get him cheaper. From a position advantage standpoint, he is worth it, but he was just average last year in our league and I am wondering if it is worth the cost, with his injury. I think it is worth the risk to try getting him back cheaper, because he likely won't start the season. I am pissed I drafted Mack for cheap and then cut him three weeks into the season. I need to be patient with rookies in dynasty formats.

Derek Carr -- $4
Lamar Miller -- $10
Kamar Aiken -- $4
Allen Robinson -- $6
Zach Miller -- $2
JJ Watt -- $21
Teddy Bridgewater -- $3
Jeremy Hill -- $4
Stefon Diggs -- $10
Cardinals -- $2
Jordan Matthews -- $2
Tyler Eifert -- $6
Maxx Williams -- $2
Andrew Luck -- $29
Karlos Williams – $2
Zach Zenner -- $2
Steve Smith – $2
Eric Ebron -- $4

Tim Hightower -- $22
Larry Fitzgerald -- $41
Malcolm Smith -- $2
Malcolm Jenkins -- $2
Ryan Mathews -- $32
Graham Gano -- $2
Bryce Brown -- $19
Jaelen Strong -- $2
Marshawn Lynch -- $51
Tevin Coleman -- $52
Marquess Wilson -- $10

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

VietCampo posted:

Dropping and adding players depends on what settings your league has, if you could post that for us it'd make it a lot easier.

These are the settings you are looking for, correct? Im using the ESPN app so some things seem more limited than the desktop site. Unfortunately I just moved and Comcast hosed up my Internet move so I am forced to do everything on mobile until they can send a truck out in a week.

Acquisitions
Lineup changes: lock at game start
Player Aquisition System: Free Agent Auction
Season Aquisition limit: no limit
Waiver Period: 2 days
Waiver Order: Reverts each week to inverse order of standings.

Trade Limit: no limit

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

jadebullet posted:

Drafting 2 tight ends is perfectly fine. 3 is overboard with your league format though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

My big rear end money dynasty league needs keepers set. 14 teams. No limit to keepers. Salary cap $300. Starting lineup is QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/DL/DB/LB/DEF/K. 12 STARTERS/9 RESERVES/5 IR/3 PRACTICE SQUAD. Salary format is first three years, contracts increase by 10%, fourth year 20%, fifth year 50% and we haven't figured out from there.

Any injury can be stashed on IR, up to 5 spots. I bolded who I am thinking of keeping. Adds up to 18 players costing $115. That will leave me with $185 to draft on 8 skill position players, since I have stashed the practice squad and IR to capacity with guys I am keeping. Let me know what you think.

Also debating cutting Watt and seeing if I can get him cheaper. From a position advantage standpoint, he is worth it, but he was just average last year in our league and I am wondering if it is worth the cost, with his injury. I think it is worth the risk to try getting him back cheaper, because he likely won't start the season. I am pissed I drafted Mack for cheap and then cut him three weeks into the season. I need to be patient with rookies in dynasty formats.

Derek Carr -- $4
Lamar Miller -- $10
Kamar Aiken -- $4
Allen Robinson -- $6
Zach Miller -- $2
JJ Watt -- $21
Teddy Bridgewater -- $3
Jeremy Hill -- $4
Stefon Diggs -- $10
Cardinals -- $2
Jordan Matthews -- $2
Tyler Eifert -- $6
Maxx Williams -- $2
Andrew Luck -- $29
Karlos Williams – $2
Zach Zenner -- $2
Steve Smith – $2
Eric Ebron -- $4

Tim Hightower -- $22
Larry Fitzgerald -- $41
Malcolm Smith -- $2
Malcolm Jenkins -- $2
Ryan Mathews -- $32
Graham Gano -- $2
Bryce Brown -- $19
Jaelen Strong -- $2
Marshawn Lynch -- $51
Tevin Coleman -- $52
Marquess Wilson -- $10

Keep Strong over Smith. Also how do the IDPs score? Watt is probably not worth that price when you only start 1, plus his injury issues this offseason. Conversely, could be worth holding Malcolms Jenkins and Smith for $2 each, if you're free to drop and add them during the season if they disappoint or better options become available.

Otherwise, yeah, those are all correct keeps and drops, imo.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 17, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Keep Strong over Smith. Also how do the IDPs score? Watt is probably not worth that price when you only start 1, plus his injury issues this offseason. Conversely, could be worth holding Malcolms Jenkins and Smith for $2 each, if you're free to drop and add them during the season if they disappoint or better options become available.

Otherwise, yeah, those are all correct keeps and drops, imo.

Is strong really worth it? I think I can get him back at a similar contract. I haven't heard anything about him.

For the Malcolms, I can. It is FAAB and that becomes the player's contract. I am going to look it over, because I had a similar thought on both.

And an interesting new development just emerged. There is an expansion draft, and I need to protect 6 players. Everyone else is available. Which six do you protect?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Is Abdullah getting the bulk of carries and still doing kick returns this year? I am in a league that does returns and he was like a high rb2 last year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

Is strong really worth it? I think I can get him back at a similar contract. I haven't heard anything about him.

For the Malcolms, I can. It is FAAB and that becomes the player's contract. I am going to look it over, because I had a similar thought on both.

And an interesting new development just emerged. There is an expansion draft, and I need to protect 6 players. Everyone else is available. Which six do you protect?

Strong is only $2, don't get much cheaper than that. I just think he's another rookie you should be patient with for another year at least, at minimal cost. I guess if you expect you can drop him and get him for $1 off the wire, might as well.

For 6 players to protect I'd do:

Derek Carr -- $4
Lamar Miller -- $10
Allen Robinson -- $6
Jordan Matthews -- $2
Tyler Eifert -- $6

Those 5 are obvious. Then one of the next list, depending how you feel about them:

Jeremy Hill -- $4
Stefon Diggs -- $10
Andrew Luck -- $29
Eric Ebron -- $4 

I'd probably do Hill or Ebron, as I think Luck for $29 isn't an amazing deal given your salary increase structure (his long-term value takes a big hit since his cost keeps going up; makes old vet QB1s like Rivers and Palmer and Romo much better deals comparatively, and one of those would pair nicely with Carr) and I don't care to invest much in the probable Vikings WR2.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Jeremy Hill -- $4
Stefon Diggs -- $10
Andrew Luck -- $29
Eric Ebron -- $4 

I'd probably do Hill or Ebron, as I think Luck for $29 isn't an amazing deal given your salary increase structure (his long-term value takes a big hit since his cost keeps going up; makes old vet QB1s like Rivers and Palmer and Romo much better deals comparatively, and one of those would pair nicely with Carr) and I don't care to invest much in the probable Vikings WR2.

Reports seem to be that Diggs might be the guy at least early this year while Treadwell gets his feet under him. You're right though that whoever ends up with the WR2 gig in MIN (might even be Charles Johnson, if camp reports are to be believed) won't get enough volume for it to be super meaningful.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

jadebullet posted:

These are the settings you are looking for, correct? Im using the ESPN app so some things seem more limited than the desktop site. Unfortunately I just moved and Comcast hosed up my Internet move so I am forced to do everything on mobile until they can send a truck out in a week.

Acquisitions
Lineup changes: lock at game start
Player Aquisition System: Free Agent Auction
Season Aquisition limit: no limit
Waiver Period: 2 days
Waiver Order: Reverts each week to inverse order of standings.

Trade Limit: no limit

This means you have a budget of like $100-200, and you bid on what free agents you want based on how much demand you think they'll be in.. For example, if Adrian Peterson tears his ACL in Week 1, after Week 1 you would want to bid a huge amount of your budget on Jerick Mckinnon , his direct backup. If you're switching your 4th receiver for a different 4th receiver, you would bid less, like $1-2, or simply wait until Wednesday and add the new player for $0.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Slowdrafting an MFL10 pub league, and trying to go Zero RB from the 12 spot sucks rear end. My pick has come up at the turn in round 3 I'm starting to see that everyone else is trying Zero RB as well. Kinda thinking I should go BPA here considering my options, but could use a gut check from you d00ds:

Current Roster:
Jordy Nelson
Dez Bryant

Best available:
QB:
Aaron Rodgers
Cam Newton

RB:
Doug Martin
Carlos Hyde
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls

WR:
Julian Edelman
Donte Moncrief
Eric Decker

TE:
Greg Olsen

Kinda thinking I should grab Rodgers and Edelman or Martin. Thoughts?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Slowdrafting an MFL10 pub league, and trying to go Zero RB from the 12 spot sucks rear end. My pick has come up at the turn in round 3 I'm starting to see that everyone else is trying Zero RB as well. Kinda thinking I should go BPA here considering my options, but could use a gut check from you d00ds:

Current Roster:
Jordy Nelson
Dez Bryant

Best available:
QB:
Aaron Rodgers
Cam Newton

RB:
Doug Martin
Carlos Hyde
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls

WR:
Julian Edelman
Donte Moncrief
Eric Decker

TE:
Greg Olsen

Kinda thinking I should grab Rodgers and Edelman or Martin. Thoughts?

BeerSheet values:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (3.9), Cam Newton (4.5)

RB: Doug Martin (4.9), Carlos Hyde (3.5), CJ Anderson (4.1), Thomas Rawls (3.5)

WR: Julian Edelman (5.6), Donte Moncrief (4.1), Eric Decker (5.0)

TE: Greg Olsen (4.8)

Doug Martin is the last in his tier, but I say you go Decker and Edelman.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Hey Everyone!

We have 2 openings in my FREE Super-Keeper / Goon Dynasty League (15 keepers, no penalty, 7 round draft each season to replace rosters, add rookies etc.)

League Scoring Rules
Scoring & Format -Pretty Standard scoring but;
.5 PPR with .1 awarded to QB for completions
200$ Waiver budget for the season

Yardage Bonuses
Passing
300-399yds +2
400 or more yds +5

Rushing and Receiving bonuses (counted separately)
100-199yds +2
200 or more yds +5

No Penalty for missed Field Goals
------------------
Roster Sizes

Full Roster 22 Players 15 Keepers kept regardless of round.
Starters
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 DF
1 K
1 W/R/T/ Flex
BN 12

The available teams are as follows:

Field Goal Frogout's Team

If you want a team, please post in our thread with your first preference of team.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654090&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13

ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Can we get a link to the Beersheets in the OP like we had last year, now that draft season is nigh?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT

The team might be terrible, but it's worth mentioning that it has the #3 pick each round (don't remember if any trades happened with this team though).

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Strong is only $2, don't get much cheaper than that. I just think he's another rookie you should be patient with for another year at least, at minimal cost. I guess if you expect you can drop him and get him for $1 off the wire, might as well.

For 6 players to protect I'd do:

Derek Carr -- $4
Lamar Miller -- $10
Allen Robinson -- $6
Jordan Matthews -- $2
Tyler Eifert -- $6

Those 5 are obvious. Then one of the next list, depending how you feel about them:

Jeremy Hill -- $4
Stefon Diggs -- $10
Andrew Luck -- $29
Eric Ebron -- $4

I think even at his price, Luck is a must keep. There are 300 and 400 yard bonuses for QBs and big time quarterback play is huge. Also, I have carefully managed my salary cap so as to be able to take on his contract.

Mt list was Carr, Luck, Miller, Robinson, Eifert and Hill. I will only lose two players of the unprotected ones, but I just targeted the six best players. My question is really between Matthews and Hill. Which is the better player ADP wise in dynasty?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

The team might be terrible, but it's worth mentioning that it has the #3 pick each round (don't remember if any trades happened with this team though).

There were no pick trades this year I'm aware of.

Also, You get to lose to Gobias and Forever Peace like twice a year so there's that.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Marshmallow Blue posted:

There were no pick trades this year I'm aware of.

Also, You get to lose to Gobias and Forever Peace like twice a year so there's that.

There is no higher honour.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

I think even at his price, Luck is a must keep. There are 300 and 400 yard bonuses for QBs and big time quarterback play is huge. Also, I have carefully managed my salary cap so as to be able to take on his contract.

Mt list was Carr, Luck, Miller, Robinson, Eifert and Hill. I will only lose two players of the unprotected ones, but I just targeted the six best players. My question is really between Matthews and Hill. Which is the better player ADP wise in dynasty?

Any PPR? Any rushing bonuses? Matthews is pretty easily above Hill even in standard scoring for me, but in PPR it's no contest. Here's some database of mocks from this year to get a sense for ADP, but that's hands down Matthews everywhere I've seen: http://mizelle.net/mfl/2016/

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Looking at the above, the top five players are consistently

Lamar miller
Jordan Matthews
Allen Robinson
Andrew Luck
Tyler Eifert

Then it gets murky.

Honestly, it seems like keeping Carr could be the wrong call at six. But a lot of places like Diggs long term and I am not so sure. Hill is a solid choice, because I think he might fall back to me. I think I will look at other teams to see what prospective players could be available and go from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Any PPR? Any rushing bonuses? Matthews is pretty easily above Hill even in standard scoring for me, but in PPR it's no contest. Here's some database of mocks from this year to get a sense for ADP, but that's hands down Matthews everywhere I've seen: http://mizelle.net/mfl/2016/

Forgot to say 1PPR so yeah, Matthews is a no brainer. I am just still salty from last year. It really comes down to Diggs, Hill or Carr.

I was just offered Keenan Allen ($47 ) for Lamar Miller ($10)

Is it worth countering Hill and Diggs for Allen? 1PPR, I could be trotting out Allen/Robinson/Matthews and still have plenty of cap space for the draft.

• Locked thread