Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Flounder and fluke are both names of mistakes and fish.

I wonder why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Dillbag posted:

Are we talking about goons who work at NASA?

I think it eventually came out that this guy was just a janitor or something and had no reason to be strapped. Not even a space janitor, just a regular old earth janitor.

No offence to the earth janitors out there.

My favorite thing about this image is how he meticulously blended the baseboards and floorboards together :allears:

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Dillbag posted:

I think it eventually came out that this guy was just a janitor or something and had no reason to be strapped. Not even a space janitor, just a regular old earth janitor.

I know this gent and his exgirlfriend that took the photo. She's cool and whatever, but good old Marytr is still a bit looney

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Van Dis posted:

My favorite thing about this image is how he meticulously blended the baseboards and floorboards together :allears:
What do you mean? That's an unedited photo. He's just beside himself with satisfaction at his gear.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
loving hell I hadn't noticed that. The wall/floor does look oddly repetitive.

You could have used a tripod and stood in two different places.

OR! Post two pics side by side, like a rudeboy who gives no gently caress :kamina:

e: also for some reason I suddenly started wondering if exm'lady is a real word. Why is that?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 09:20 on Aug 17, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Strudel Man posted:

What do you mean? That's an unedited photo. He's just beside himself with satisfaction at his gear.

Boo!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Strudel Man posted:

:getin:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dillbag posted:

yeah he didn't ever work at nasa, he just liked that shirt

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's a drying cabinet :shrug:

Aren't those supposed to drain into the sink? It looks like his is draining onto his bananas.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Florida Betty posted:

Aren't those supposed to drain into the sink? It looks like his is draining onto his bananas.

I....I don't know of this is a joke or not.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He's not talking about the pic in the post he quoted, but rather the other pic that it was responding to.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Florida Betty posted:

Those are some crunchy looking bananas.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
This joke is crazy, or in another word...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

This joke is crazy, or in another word...

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What does a picture of Madonna have to do with anything/

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It happens more often as you get older. :smith:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Johnny Aztec posted:

What does a picture of Madonna have to do with anything/

she sang that Raffi tribute

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Whelp.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
no one listens to no doubt anymore, huh

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Tuxedo Ted posted:

GOTTA BE PREPARED! What if the LED fails? He needs that backup.

I remember that picture being paired with another that's just a table with all the poo poo he carried laid out. Had to be more than twenty pounds of stuff that had nothing to do with his job.

I love gawking at EDC people. It's one of those things that may have existed before, but like furries, SJWs, etc., the internet distills something down to pure weird, and then you have people who make a lifestyle out of "carrying things in my pockets".

I have a knife. But what if I need a scredriver, I should carry a multitool. That also has a knife in it. And then another multitool. Plus a multitool on my keyring. And another tool on there too. Also my watch band is a multitool.

All that's missing is a gun. And a backup gun. And maybe a couple more flashlights.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

china bot posted:

no one listens to no doubt anymore, huh

This joke is just a girl? This joke kinda always knew it would end up your ex-girlfriend?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
This joke is feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancing.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What's he going to write on with that pen? Maybe he has one of those forearm notepad tattoos.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The only way the loadout makes sense is if he works inside the Numidium.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
the proper term is "Mall Ninjas"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FishMist posted:

what's a "hideaway" and what's a "fluke"?

"surefire" is a torch? but he's got an led torch too....

Here's the first picture:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dog Case posted:

I love gawking at EDC people. It's one of those things that may have existed before, but like furries, SJWs, etc., the internet distills something down to pure weird, and then you have people who make a lifestyle out of "carrying things in my pockets".

I have a knife. But what if I need a scredriver, I should carry a multitool. That also has a knife in it. And then another multitool. Plus a multitool on my keyring. And another tool on there too. Also my watch band is a multitool.

All that's missing is a gun. And a backup gun. And maybe a couple more flashlights.

Condom conspiciously absent.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

dialhforhero posted:

This joke is just a girl? This joke kinda always knew it would end up your ex-girlfriend?

all i wanted was a simple thing: a simple kind of joke

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's the first picture:

3PC pick? Like lockpicks? Can't you eat a burglary tools charge for carrying those without a good reason? I guess that isn't a worry for middle class white guys.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

now i want a dual purpose watch that i can also use to wrench on an engine in a pinch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

Condom conspiciously absent.

You can only be so prepared.

alternately, maybe he's in a long term monogomous relahahahaha

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Facebook Aunt posted:

3PC pick? Like lockpicks? Can't you eat a burglary tools charge for carrying those without a good reason? I guess that isn't a worry for middle class white guys.

Aw jeeze. I hope not. I mean i heard if you carry around a hammer in your truck and you use it to smash a window and steal a stereo that hammer becomes a burglary tool. I guess that doesn't explain whether some things are inherently burglary tools.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Depending on where he is, the hideaway knife is also very, very illegal. It's usually okay to carry knives if they're smaller blades for cutting food or whatever, but a knife designed specifically for concealment has no purpose other than, you know, stabbing people.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krinkle posted:

Aw jeeze. I hope not. I mean i heard if you carry around a hammer in your truck and you use it to smash a window and steal a stereo that hammer becomes a burglary tool. I guess that doesn't explain whether some things are inherently burglary tools.

In canada the law is

quote:

Possession of break-in instrument
351. (1) Every one who, without lawful excuse, the proof of which lies on them, has in their possession any instrument suitable for the purpose of breaking into any place, motor vehicle, vault or safe under circumstances that give rise to a reasonable inference that the instrument has been used or is or was intended to be used for such a purpose,
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 351; R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 48; 2008, c. 18, s. 9.

Possession of instruments for breaking into coin-operated or currency exchange devices
352. Every one who, without lawful excuse, the proof of which lies on him, has in his possession any instrument suitable for breaking into a coin-operated device or a currency exchange device, under circumstances that give rise to a reasonable inference that the instrument has been used or is or was intended to be used for breaking into a coin-operated device or a currency exchange device, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.
R.S., c. C-34, s. 310; 1972, c. 13, s. 26; 1974-75-76, c. 93, s. 28.

So if someone calls in that there is a suspicious looking* dude hanging around, and the police find the suspicious looking dude in possession of tools, then that can ruin his day. This is one of those areas where the cop has a lot of discretion since a lot of things could be burglary tools or be perfectly innocent. Lock picks are one of those things that it will be harder to come up with a "lawful excuse" for though.

*in canada reading in public is suspicious enough to get the police called on you. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/dauphin-reading-in-car-1.3674236

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

china bot posted:

all i wanted was a simple thing: a simple kind of joke

I know what you're saying, so please stop explaining. I know what you're thinking, I don't need your reasons.

Don't post.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unless you're a bonded and certified locksmith on call, or a member of certain law enforcement agencies, carrying lockpicking tools is pretty much always possession of burglary tools.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
i think you're all overanalysing this to an "on the spectrum" degree. the dude just thinks he is james bond or the guy from skyrim, that's all

that's why he carries five knives and three torches and a gun to his job as a web developer at Wendy's, he wants to be prepared for if a gorgeous stranger needs him to repair her broken phone and teach her how to love again

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Well he doesn't carry cash so he is dumb for that reason because now he's traceable via his manga purchases. Sure, he's got a phone but you can throw that out or destroy it. All that tactical gear and no way to go off the grid.

Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kwyndig posted:

Unless you're a bonded and certified locksmith on call, or a member of certain law enforcement agencies, carrying lockpicking tools is pretty much always possession of burglary tools.

I know it's fairly common for IT people to carry a set, and everyone who i have talked to who has been stopped was fine, as long as there was no reason to believe they had been used in commission of a crime (they were all white)

• Locked thread