Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is it just me or did they make blue Reaper bluer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Maybe I can play Pharah again in comps with out getting instantly discorded, then 2 shot by mcCree. Mercy being buffed could make Pharah little more useful. Pharah is great if you can nail down direct hits, but it doesn't matter if you're so easily countered by every other ranged hit scan hero. The current popular meta does not favor the Pharah.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The Mercy buff is bigger than it looks because it reverses most of her ult charge nerf.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sindai posted:

The Mercy buff is bigger than it looks because it reverses most of her ult charge nerf.

Only if she actually has a chance to heal that much though.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
It gives her more flexibility to amp or whip out her pistol, though, which also translates to more Ult charge

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Those genji changes.. I can see the ult duration but getting rid of the combo and third jump from the wall. Gross

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
None of the 2CP maps are great, but Hanamura A is a fine lesson in learning that you can trade 1 for 1 on offense with regularity and still come out ahead, something inexperienced players miss a lot. Also, the value of anyone, even the healer for pete's sake, of going "HEY YOU FUCKS WE'RE PUSHING IN 3 2 1 GO" in solo queue. You'd be amazed how often that works at garbage tier MMRs. Sometimes it just takes a little initiative to get past that stupid gate.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

flashman posted:

Those genji changes.. I can see the ult duration but getting rid of the combo and third jump from the wall. Gross

On the other hand gently caress Genji and I can't wait for his stupid rear end to get caught in my Junkrat traps :getin:

:swoon:

edit:

quote:

Fixed various issues with Junkrat's emote and highlight animations

What does this mean

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Cancer is cured, now we have AIDS again

Why can't Blizz ever get it quite right

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Double Bill posted:

thread title

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Double Bill posted:

Why can't Blizz ever get it quite right

MRW u have a nice meltdown

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

fadam posted:

Actually the worst change is the Mercy buffs because this game was 100% more fun when she was never picked.

I always picked her anyway so this is GREAT.

Also, her laugh emote is adorable. Gonna have to switch from the clapping to that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Super looking forward to getting killed by random Hanzo spam while the hero is still pretty much garbage-tier.

Well, when I'm not playing Zarya at least, I'll take my free energy charge.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Macaluso posted:

gently caress Genji

:yeah:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Genji and Zenyatta nerfs, Mercy and Hanzo buffs. This will be a good patch.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Zenyatta nerf isn't even that bad for him personally, he still does the same amount of damage. I doubt the Mercy buffs are enough to get her back into regular play because the healing aspect of supports isn't what's the most desirable part of them, it's the utility.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Macaluso posted:

On the other hand gently caress Genji and I can't wait for his stupid rear end to get caught in my Junkrat traps :getin:

on the other other hand, gently caress junkrat

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Opposing Farce posted:

on the other other hand, gently caress junkrat

this kind of thinking is worse than any justifiable disagreement about nerfing upper-tier characters

junkrat's bad, but he's got a lot of room for good execution; that's the worst kind of character to leave in the trashcan, even worse than Mei (much as I love Mei's playstyle and concept and thus have been louder about Mei buffs)

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 17, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
nerf sasquatch

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
nerf EX 22p

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

this kind of thinking is worse than any justifiable disagreement about nerfing upper-tier characters

All I'm saying is that Junkrat is a garbage trash rear end in a top hat. That's not even my opinion, it's official Blizzard canon. It's in the lore. I can't help that.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Skill rating 1-5000??? wtf

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The only character who even deserves a little bit to never be buffed is Hanzo, and only because Widowmaker exists and there's no way for their designs not to conflict unless one of them is remade.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Probably already posted but deserves reposting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe0SGHyub9Y

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
:siren: gg ez nerfed :siren:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dren posted:

"For glory and honor, friends! Huzzah!"

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Bolow posted:

The Zenyatta nerf isn't even that bad for him personally, he still does the same amount of damage. I doubt the Mercy buffs are enough to get her back into regular play because the healing aspect of supports isn't what's the most desirable part of them, it's the utility.

The thing I liked about post-buff Zen was that with discord I could reliably count on the dunderheads on my team to maybe possibly do An Damage, though.

(i still don't mind the change, but dang its gonna be sad that I can't slam pick birdZen and press out a win 85% of the time no matter what or where i'm playing)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Dren posted:

"I really need a hug right now"

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Rirse posted:

Bastion shoots a piano that blocks the pathway.

Please don't trigger me, thanks.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

hosed up that they nerf cool and good characters like my friend, Genji, while buffing Mei. I hope Lucio nerfs are a trend that continues; killing him while he skates forever around the control point is dumb and playing as him with his useless fart gun is dumb.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Lucio is cool and good and a friend.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

The way you make playing Mercy fun is to use your pistol more than you probably should and tag all your kills by putting the halo spray above their head.

Sadly I recall them explicitly stating that they want more of Mercy's damage contribution to come from holding down support button #2 rather than doing the more challenging thing of balancing healing and shooting.

God what a stupidly designed character.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Probably already posted but deserves reposting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe0SGHyub9Y

idgi

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Where are you guys seeing the new emotes and the filter over flaming over?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

chumbler posted:

Sadly I recall them explicitly stating that they want more of Mercy's damage contribution to come from holding down support button #2 rather than doing the more challenging thing of balancing healing and shooting.

Remember this is the company that gave us popularized the Holy Trinity, a role-apportionment scheme so dumb that Wizards of the Coast was able to do a better job.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Opposing Farce posted:

Lucio is cool and good and a friend.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fadam posted:

Where are you guys seeing the new emotes and the filter over flaming over?

they're on the PTR! :)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Bummed that they're getting rid of the fakeout on High Noon because that was honestly its best selling point. Now it's one of those ult's that's routinely poo poo but once in a while wipes a team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How does Hanzo feel on the PTR now?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Bummed that they're getting rid of the fakeout on High Noon because that was honestly its best selling point. Now it's one of those ult's that's routinely poo poo but once in a while wipes a team.

It's important Blizzard minimizes player feel bads that's why they flipflopped on the single biggest quality of life change they've made to the game with this patch.