Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

none of these changes matter to me because they didn't even bother trying to fix soldier. he's bad and not even in a way that's fun to play, his gun feels like trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

none of these changes matter to me because they didn't even bother trying to fix soldier. he's bad and not even in a way that's fun to play, his gun feels like trash

how dare you insult the craftsmanship of his cheap looking plastic toy gun

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Shrinking projectiles was a profoundly stupid change and it's good to see it go.

The only thing that's baffling is that they'd then follow it up with a change to Hog's hook that's grounded in the same "feels over gameplay" mentality

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Shrinking projectiles was a profoundly stupid change and it's good to see it go.

The only thing that's baffling is that they'd then follow it up with a change to Hog's hook that's grounded in the same "feels over gameplay" mentality

Yeah man getting shot around corners by logs was really cool and good and I'm glad to see that coming back into my play experience.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

quote:

Hanzo's Spirit Dragon voice line now plays when using his Okami and Lone Wolf skins
No more stealth wolves I guess

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Androc posted:

hosed up that they nerf cool and good characters like my friend, Genji, while buffing Mei. I hope Lucio nerfs are a trend that continues; killing him while he skates forever around the control point is dumb and playing as him with his useless fart gun is dumb.

How can anybody dislike Lúcio

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

stay calm folks it's still PTR~

if something is really bad they'll put it back or ease back on it, that's what PTR is for~

namaste~~~

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Remember this is the company that gave us popularized the Holy Trinity, a role-apportionment scheme so dumb that Wizards of the Coast was able to do a better job.

What annoys me most about Mercy is that there actually is a design with potential in there, as a super mobile but in a fairly limited way offensive support. But they decided they needed to have an MMO priest or TF2 medic who basically holds down a button and does little else except a pretty bullshit in concept ult, which is a boring and brain dead design. She desperately needs to lose her beams and ult as they currently work.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
they should implement a magical healer that has to stand in place and cast heal spells in order to heal allies

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

chumbler posted:

What annoys me most about Mercy is that there actually is a design with potential in there, as a super mobile but in a fairly limited way offensive support. But they decided they needed to have an MMO priest or TF2 medic who basically holds down a button and does little else except a pretty bullshit in concept ult, which is a boring and brain dead design. She desperately needs to lose her beams and ult as they currently work.

You're wrong. Please post more sejuani fan art

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

chumbler posted:

Sadly I recall them explicitly stating that they want more of Mercy's damage contribution to come from holding down support button #2 rather than doing the more challenging thing of balancing healing and shooting.

God what a stupidly designed character.

I hate this because it depends on at least one person on your team having aim and at least the barest tactical acumen required to not run directly into the middle of the red team, which is something I've yet to actually find in the wild.

edit: what if instead of being chained to one person at a time, Mercy's staff fired a decently sized cone and anyone in it either healed or had their damage boosted. Would that be terrible?

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 17, 2016

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Holy poo poo.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Totally TWISTED posted:

Yeah man getting shot around corners by logs was really cool and good and I'm glad to see that coming back into my play experience.

You get shot around corners anyway because of latency and favoring the shooter. Let's not make Hanzo useless because someone made a gfycat where a shot looked bad. Let's not hoot and holler about realism where realism would chase a bow user of existence immediately in a world of lasers and rockets and poo poo. You don't fix bad characters by nerfing them into utter uselessness. As everyone here can attest, that didn't stop people from playing him anyway.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Totally TWISTED posted:

Can't wait to experience the tree trunk head shot in 60tick

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Skill rating 1-5000??? wtf

They multiplied the 1-100 rating by x50. Nothing has really changed in the mechanics.Take your current rating and multiply it by 50 to see your tier. This make sense when compare that Master starts at 3500, which would be rank 70, is also pretty much right where the top 1% began . 80 would be 4000 where grand Master starts. Pretty much all rank 80 players were in the top 500 players.

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 17, 2016

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

fadam posted:

How does Hanzo feel on the PTR now?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Completely bullshit - once again.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You get shot around corners anyway because of latency and favoring the shooter. Let's not make Hanzo useless because someone made a gfycat where a shot looked bad. Let's not hoot and holler about realism where realism would chase a bow user of existence immediately in a world of lasers and rockets and poo poo. You don't fix bad characters by nerfing them into utter uselessness. As everyone here can attest, that didn't stop people from playing him anyway.

Source your quotes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Really good but hard to get used to

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Why are you still embedding gifs you heathen
https://zippy.gfycat.com/FavoriteSpottedChick.webm

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

edit: what if instead of being chained to one person at a time, Mercy's staff fired a decently sized cone and anyone in it either healed or had their damage boosted. Would that be terrible?

She'd heal like a worse Lucio and damage boost like a worse Zen, so yeah, it'd still be pretty crappy. The problem is that her one support ability is crap, in order to use either her healing or her crappy support option she has to take on significantly more risk than any other healer, and her ult can't be used preemptively and can't be used to directly protect herself.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I watched some moonmoon and he was still hooking people who were around corners so :shrug:. But regular hooks that would've been fine were sometimes hosed up.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dren posted:

I watched some moonmoon and he was still hooking people who were around corners so :shrug:. But regular hooks that would've been fine were sometimes hosed up.

Yeah I misunderstood what they meant with the hook I think.

I took them to mean if you hooked someone and in the space between hooking and reeling, they left LOS, they got off scott free. I think what Blizz is trying to say is if they leave LOS between the moment you hook them and reel them in, it plonks them back into the position where you hooked and THEN you reel them in so you get fewer wacky hooks.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That's exactly it, the way it should have been from the start.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Teikanmi posted:

That's exactly it, the way it should have been from the start.

good avatar/post combination, out of context

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's funny how, in effect, they nerfed Zenyatta's teammates while buffing Zenyatta himself.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

teagone posted:

i think people should still embed gifs because webms don't work on mobile

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

"Source your quotes" guy did this better than I did by taking this post seriously, but no, Hanzo could literally shoot people who were out of sight around corners, standing perfectly still the whole time. Latency is it's own thing.

The only thing wrong with the hitbox change was that it may have contributed to the current era of hitscan dominance, which (assuming it even persists without 50% Discord) might be a symptom of the hitscan hitboxes being a little too forgiving themselves!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The word "anyway" is a baffling modifier I know.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The word "anyway" is a baffling modifier I know.

Your overall point is still rear end-backwards. Latency presents an unavoidable problem. Dumb hitboxes present a relatively easily fixed one.

Or if you prefer: at least some of the time, Hanzo hit you because of over-large hitboxes, not because of latency, so "anyways" is wrong.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 17, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You get shot around corners for a variety of reasons. Picking only one because it makes for some odd looking gifs is dumb.

Maybe it turns out that in combination with the faster projectiles, it's too much at once. But at the time, shrinking the one thing that made Hanzo almost not utter dogshit because redditors threw a fit over some odd behavior was the worst possible solution.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Friend, it sounds almost like you're... Defending Hanzo buffs? :raise:

Are you a Hanzo sympathizer?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Hanzo is a garbage design and should be scrapped and his assets re-used for a new hero, but setting that aside as improbable / too much work, projectile speed and charge rate are more than enough variables to balance him to be better.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

teagone posted:

How many coins must I spend for this?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Shear Modulus posted:

i think people should still embed gifs because webms don't work on mobile

On the SA Mobile app they just show up as links that are playable from the browser though? The main benefit is they load faster/are smaller in filesize.

pointlessone posted:

How many coins must I spend for this?

I believe it's a legendary emote, so 1000.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

It sounds like you're... Defending Hanzo buffs? :raise:

From his present state and even his pre-nerf state he sure as hell needs/needed something. I'm hearing horror stories about how he is on PTR right now but as long as people are going to insist on playing Cool Ninja Man no matter how good or bad he is, surely they ought to try to reach a happy medium where it's at least not a death sentence to have him on your team.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Did Blizz elaborate on what the unintended consequences of smaller projectile hitboxes were? I was totally fine with not getting hit by hanjo bs so I'm curious what was broken enough to justify bringing back hanjo's tree trunks.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They missed an opportunity to name the Doritos knockoff "Dorados".

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

So with genji jump nerf, I could still single jump, wall climb, then jump, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the best change

quote:

A new "Allied Health Bars" option has been added (Options > Controls)