Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Yeah all of these kids and their pokey-mon are getting in the way of my Ingressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Pokemon pretty much caused my local Ingress group to tear itself to bits, so it's not all bad ;)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My boss actually started playing Ingress because it popped up while he was looking into getting his kids Pokemon Go.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Other than it not being nearly as good as it could be?

Vvvv it only uses a few mb per hour, which is sort of impressive given it phones home every few seconds

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 17, 2016

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

After all of the yay Pokemon stories I have been waiting for the inevitable one about a parent getting stung for a massive data charge due to their kid's Pokemon playing.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

WarpedNaba posted:

I thought we were your peers.

Haha I meant my voting peers, but that was a weird way of putting it....

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
You're right in that we don't give a gently caress, though.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Varkk posted:

After all of the yay Pokemon stories I have been waiting for the inevitable one about a parent getting stung for a massive data charge due to their kid's Pokemon playing.

I've played it for quite a bit and it barely uses any data.

More likely would be some kid using their parents credit card to buy poo poo from the store but that's nothing new "BUT MOOOOOM I needed to spend $150 on 14,500 poke coins I NEED INCUBATORS AND LUCKY EGGS"

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 17, 2016

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

WarpedNaba posted:

You're right in that we don't give a gently caress, though.

Lol

I don't like rugby and I care about my fellow humans well being, I really feel this puts me at odds with a majority of people.

But gently caress those guys, when I win New Zealand ima deport them all anyway to Tasmania.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dragonstoned posted:

I've played it for quite a bit and it barely uses any data.

More likely would be some kid using their parents credit card to buy poo poo from the store but that's nothing new "BUT MOOOOOM I needed to spend $150 on 14,500 poke coins I NEED INCUBATORS AND LUCKY EGGS"

"But mum", you yank brainwashed pleb.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Ivor Biggun posted:

Meanwhile in parliament

Stolen from Jacinda Ardern's FB

"I guess at least maybe it will help people find their luggage." dammit Dave making me laugh you Act bastard :argh:

Winston is the biggest troll though as usual

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Infotainment! posted:

"But mum", you yank brainwashed pleb.

Mum means wife.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

504 posted:

Mum means wife.

Yeah, your Dad's wife.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I have no idea where you get the idea that mum means wife.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

It's common in some communities

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

It's common in some communities

On the West Coast?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

No comment.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

504 posted:

Mum means wife.

I just learned way more about you than I needed to know

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

bobbilljim posted:

Winston is the biggest troll though as usual

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11695484

quote:

Leader of the House Gerry Brownlee eventually came to the rescue, proposing that Korako's bill could be passed into law there and then without debate.

But the Opposition MPs were clearly having too much fun.

Just one objection could prevent Brownlee's proposal from progressing, and it was provided by New Zealand First leader Winston Peters.

Peters then walked straight out of the debating chamber, possibly to avoid explaining why he had just ensured that Parliament will now have four debates and a full public consultation process on the weighty subject of lost property at airports.

Nice.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So, who else has been paying American companies to blow up poors?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Infotainment! posted:

So, who else has been paying American companies to blow up poors?

Not me, and everyone told me I was an idiot for it too.

Ravens Ruse
Aug 17, 2016

I'm new.... I have no clue and frequently state the obvious
mmm .. NZ, I'm Aussie and will admit your sauvignon sauvignon blanc from Marlborough is superb, don't drink much wine but when I do it's either a white (sauv sav blanc) from Marlborough or a red (Merlot or Cab Sav) from Australia.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ravens Ruse posted:

mmm .. NZ, I'm Aussie and will admit your sauvignon sauvignon blanc from Marlborough is superb, don't drink much wine but when I do it's either a white (sauv sav blanc) from Marlborough or a red (Merlot or Cab Sav) from Australia.

Weirdest spambot ever. 5 eyes?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
In my experience, Tongans and Samoans both use "mum" to refer to the mother of their children. Their wife if they're married, partner if they aren't.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

That's pretty loving funny.

Ravens Ruse
Aug 17, 2016

I'm new.... I have no clue and frequently state the obvious

Infotainment! posted:

Weirdest spambot ever. 5 eyes?

5 eyes!!! lol wouldn't they spam you about the evils of ISIS rather than wine?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Jesuuuus havelock north :toxx::toxx::toxx::toxx:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Xik posted:

In my experience, Tongans and Samoans both use "mum" to refer to the mother of their children. Their wife if they're married, partner if they aren't.

I'd have thought it's pretty common for fathers to refer to "mum" when talking to their kids, rather than by her name. Mine certainly did, and I'm not Tongan or Samoan

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Xik posted:

Well I've seen older people with a British heritage use that as well - husbands calling their wives "mum" and wives calling the husbands "dad" - probably for the same reason. The husband isn't calling the wife HIS mum, but A mum and the mother of their children.

It's not uncommon, but it's weird as gently caress.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Jacobin posted:

Jesuuuus havelock north :toxx::toxx::toxx::toxx:

So why is the Hastings/Havelock Nth water supply not usually chlorinated? A quick check of their district council shows they have these scares quite often and just temporarily chlorinate the water.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ravens Ruse posted:

5 eyes!!! lol wouldn't they spam you about the evils of ISIS rather than wine?

Follow the money

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

For the same reason some areas aren't fluoridated.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Infotainment! posted:

I just learned way more about you than I needed to know

I live in Christchurch, were all about our attractive cousins.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

El Pollo Blanco posted:

So why is the Hastings/Havelock Nth water supply not usually chlorinated? A quick check of their district council shows they have these scares quite often and just temporarily chlorinate the water.

Think of Havelock North as a hilly, pompous Hamilton turned into a gated community and you're about there.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Never forget, lipscombe crew

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

So it turns out my stupid bank is using my kiwisaver money to invest in cluster bombs, landmines and big tobacco - Three things I don't really want anything to do with directly or indirectly. Is there any way I can get my money out?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Nah mate. But poo poo you're gonna get some nice retirement returns. War happens all the time! Smart investment!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Never forget, lipscombe crew

I forgot. Who they?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Dragonstoned posted:

So it turns out my stupid bank is using my kiwisaver money to invest in cluster bombs, landmines and big tobacco - Three things I don't really want anything to do with directly or indirectly. Is there any way I can get my money out?

You can move providers can't you? Sure, some of the money is blood money but you can't get rid of it now....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Having moved providers in the last year, yeah you just ring up a new provider and ask for the paperwork to move your kiwisaver to them and they do all the necessary poo poo behind the scenes.

• Locked thread