Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

And when Professor Juniper does it you get to have double moms!

Juniper is already everyone's mom, it's just made official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zoness posted:

can we talk about the best rival - the player character in BW, rival to N, the protagonist.

I can't even remember if N shows up again in B2/W2. I mean, you beat him in BW1, proving that humans and Pokémon can be friends and he flies back to his home planet.

Was there anywhere left for his character to go?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I'm pretty sure the trainers are just Red, Blue and Green mixed around between them. That's why the male trainer looks like magma + aqua, not because he's the kid of random NPCs that only exist in the lovely mega evolution dimension instead of the cool regional forms and z-moves dimension.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Internet Kraken posted:

It implied that Ash was capable of learning anything though which is a lie.

He gonna win the Kalos league in less than 24 hours

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Has he ever won a league? Indigo, Johto, Orange, and whatever happens between that and Kalos?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Calaveron posted:

Has he ever won a league? Indigo, Johto, Orange, and whatever happens between that and Kalos?

never, this would be the first time

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Calaveron posted:

Nope, unless you count the Orange Islands. But that was 4 gym leaders and a champion and no tournament.

He also "beat" the Battle Frontier and was asked to become a part of it, but turned it down so he could keep traveling.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

I can't even remember if N shows up again in B2/W2. I mean, you beat him in BW1, proving that humans and Pokémon can be friends and he flies back to his home planet.

He shows back up try and talk sense into his dad but then Ghetsis steals his dragon and fuses it with Kyurem and you have to stop him instead.

You also get a postgame fight with N I believe. Which is decently difficult.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Reinanigans posted:

Nope, unless you count the Orange Islands. But that was 4 gym leaders and a champion and no tournament.

He also "beat" the Battle Frontier and was asked to become a part of it, but turned it down so he could keep traveling.

to be fair that would be way more impressive than winning a league if the show's battle frontier is anything like the games'

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

And when Professor Juniper does it you get to have double moms!

I heard her favorite Pokemon is Scizor.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

You can battle him once per month in post-game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dude has 52 gym badges, has placed at least top 8 in every tournament past his first, has dismantled like three or four evil teams, and saved the world more than one hand's worth of times. He's doing alright

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I feel like Serena/Caleb were the most bland rivals since the gen 3 ones. I just can't remember there being anything too them. Like since gen 2 most rivals have had a bit of an arc to them or at least something to their character other than being "the rival". I don't think the X/Y rivals had that.

They were bland as hell, personally, but I liked the idea that you were their rival character: they were chosen by the Professor to be his top aides, they're the son/daughter of highly regarded trainers, they were the "leader" of the kids group, they love their pokemon and give everything their all. Then you move in, get all the attention, get every advantage first, and just crush their dreams simply by being better than they are. If the writers put any effort whatsoever into the Kalos story, this could give a whole new dimension to the rival characters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

They were bland as hell, personally, but I liked the idea that you were their rival character: they were chosen by the Professor to be his top aides, they're the son/daughter of highly regarded trainers, they were the "leader" of the kids group, they love their pokemon and give everything their all. Then you move in, get all the attention, get every advantage first, and just crush their dreams simply by being better than they are. If the writers put any effort whatsoever into the Kalos story, this could give a whole new dimension to the rival characters.

I guess? But it's not like being the professors aide or being the children of pro trainers was something the protag usually gets. In fact those are characteristics other rivals have had as well. And you crush the dreams of most of your rivals, right?

Like if you take out of part about being the Professor's aide that sounds pretty similar to Barry. Except he had actual character and was the best.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Die Laughing posted:

House was robbed last night. Worse than the four hundred bucks that got taken, they got my 3DS with my Pokemon. I'm a lot more upset about this than I should be.

don't worry the thief is just kind of standing around right outside your back door

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Die Laughing posted:

House was robbed last night. Worse than the four hundred bucks that got taken, they got my 3DS with my Pokemon. I'm a lot more upset about this than I should be.
Sucks, but maybe it'll turn up at a local pawn shop or something.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I liked Hugh, and want to see more Hugh.

i named him vegeta, and i thought he was very powerful. i loved him

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Reinanigans posted:

Shauna was definitely the least bad, but that's not saying much. Tierno could have been so much better, but just ended up being annoying. And Trevor...was...there.:|

For someone who was focused on filling out the pokedex, Trevor sure was poo poo at it. I feel like you'd have to actively try to lose to him.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
For the XY friends, Nintendo did research into why people play pokemon, and gave each reason a character (with Tierno standing in for "other"). Then, to reflect the fact that Pokemon is played primarily by children, they made them all poo poo at it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He shows back up try and talk sense into his dad but then Ghetsis steals his dragon and fuses it with Kyurem and you have to stop him instead.

You also get a postgame fight with N I believe. Which is decently difficult.

I just remember N definitely shows up in B2/W2 because you can catch N's Pokemon and if one of them is in your party when you first meet him he'll comment on it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

cheetah7071 posted:

For the XY friends, Nintendo did research into why people play pokemon, and gave each reason a character (with Tierno standing in for "other"). Then, to reflect the fact that Pokemon is played primarily by children, they made them all poo poo at it.

Do you know if there's a chart with each attribute.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ka0 posted:

Do you know if there's a chart with each attribute.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious to me.

Serena/Caleb--The person who plays for the battles
Trevor--The person who plays to collect
Shauna--The person who plays for the story/to explore the world
Tierno--other

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Oh no! That really sucks, dude. :(

If you get a new 3DS and Pokemon game, I can breed you some new guys. I know it's not the same as all the buddies you had before, but I'd be happy to help our.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

For someone who was focused on filling out the pokedex, Trevor sure was poo poo at it. I feel like you'd have to actively try to lose to him.

pretty sure that you literally can't

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Doesn't the count go by "seen"? He's not just bad at catching things, he's too wimpy to fight other trainers or even go into the tall grass in the first place.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nessa posted:

Oh no! That really sucks, dude. :(

If you get a new 3DS and Pokemon game, I can breed you some new guys. I know it's not the same as all the buddies you had before, but I'd be happy to help our.

Thanks. I still got some clones in the bank. Just going to start fresh with Sun/Moon. Still going to name all my Pokemon after posters in this thread.

I appreciate all of your support, guys. I think I might get a new 3DS for my birthday next week, so I'll do a give away of my cloned legends and shinies from the bank. All I ask in return is something you think I'd like. Whether it's a mon with good stats, or just has a funny nickname. Pokemon is about friends, and I'm not going to let anyone steal that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Die Laughing posted:

Thanks. I still got some clones in the bank. Just going to start fresh with Sun/Moon. Still going to name all my Pokemon after posters in this thread.

I appreciate all of your support, guys. I think I might get a new 3DS for my birthday next week, so I'll do a give away of my cloned legends and shinies from the bank. All I ask in return is something you think I'd like. Whether it's a mon with good stats, or just has a funny nickname. Pokemon is about friends, and I'm not going to let anyone steal that.

That is incredibly sweet and I'm sorry your pokemons got stolen. Mention in here when you're ready to do some trading, I'm sure lots of people will join in.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Die Laughing posted:

Can I be your Tyranitar bby?
Ps my ds and platinum was stolen put of my room 8 years ago. It was super disheartening because I was poor at the time. I quit playing until BW2 came out. Hang in there!

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I wish instead of straight up remaking past gens in new engines they would just periodically revisit regions and let us see how they've changed. Like the second half of Gold/Silver in Kanto but with a fully fleshed out storyline and new species of Pokémon that have been discovered over the years. It would be a great way to cash in on nostalgia and could even make a different but similar enough map to be familiar and blame the differences on land development.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Esroc posted:

I wish instead of straight up remaking past gens in new engines they would just periodically revisit regions and let us see how they've changed. Like the second half of Gold/Silver in Kanto but with a fully fleshed out storyline and new species of Pokémon that have been discovered over the years. It would be a great way to cash in on nostalgia and could even make a different but similar enough map to be familiar and blame the differences on land development.

I'd support that. Easy enough to drop in berries and poo poo for the different bikes/diving etc and base it on property development/reserves/natural disasters (perhaps caused by some uppity little child capturing literal forces of nature and putting them in a computer somewhere)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Esroc posted:

Yeah, this would honestly be pretty good. Straight up I feel like the best possible thing to do next would be Red2Green2 for the NX (assuming it is a hybrid handheld/home console) with the S&M engine and just make Kanto a few years into the future and have some fun with the overworld no longer being a grid, like making the cycling route into a huge-rear end slope.

Heck, maybe not introduce new pokemon but new Variants. Lets see what Kanto Garchomp is up to.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 18, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i want to see what kind of building the vermilion machop man has built, in Bursting Heart Gold and Radiant Soul Silver

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Does anyone have like 10 minutes to trade some items from my X to AS?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

i want to see what kind of building the vermilion machop man has built, in Bursting Heart Gold and Radiant Soul Silver

I really thought if i kept going back to him he would eventually finish :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are ekanses good trade fodder they are p annoying to get in X

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

oddium posted:

He lost all of his money, he's can't build anything ever.

But that Machop refuses to give up, he just keeps on stomping.

it's truly a tragic tale.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Ruggington posted:

I really thought if i kept going back to him he would eventually finish :(

I thought that in Pokemon Red if I kept my game running long enough the SS Anne would return.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

He lost all of his money, he's can't build anything ever.

But that Machop refuses to give up, he just keeps on stomping.

it's truly a tragic tale.

i will lend him some pokeyen

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
He built the ORAS Battle Frontier but then had no idea how to transport it to Hoenn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

GreyPowerVan posted:

Does anyone have like 10 minutes to trade some items from my X to AS?

sure post your code, grabbing mine now

e: 0147 3248 7419

• Locked thread