Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Super Ninja Fish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Wap_SbVkI

Look at this guy last night. He forgot he was supposed to jump over the hurdles, lmao.

:allears: I could watch this all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Please, it was his first day

Also we are edging ever so closer towards QWOP becoming real

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A BMX rider gets jobbed by bad clock keepers,

https://twitter.com/JuanfranPSUV/status/765965020576509952/photo/1

Canadian boxer Mandy Bujold reveals illness after Olympic elimination

Sick the night before

After her bout, Bujold revealed that she was struck by a serious illness the night before her big fight.

"I lost over 2 kgs in fluid during that night and had to go to the hospital and get connected to an IV to rehydrate as much as I could," she said. "I went straight from the hospital bed to the venue and didn't even have the energy to warm up."

http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/canadian-boxer-mandy-bujold-eliminated-from-olympic-tourney.html

The brazil police want to find lochte, but he's gone already.

edit : boaters mad, and they are brazilian even,

A Brazilian sailor ripped the water conditions on the Olympic catamaran course, saying floating garbage cost his boat a shot at a medal.

Brazil's Samuel Albrecht, who partnered with Isabel Swan, finished in eighth place in the Nacra 17 competition at Marina da Gloria. Albrecht said he bit his tongue when it happened Monday, but said the conditions in the race Tuesday were too much.

"(We had) problems five times (Tuesday) and yesterday it had already happened as well," Albrecht told Agence France Presse.

"We didn't want to talk much about the subject, but today it was really terrible, it was really dirty. We were in second place but we hit rubbish. I don't know if it happened with others, but it happened to us today."

Swan confirmed there was debris on the rudder of their craft, just one of the worries at a venue where bacteria in the sewage-laden waters sparked health concerns.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/brazil-sailors-fume-about-garbage-course-n632671

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 17, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

See, when corrupt people in Japan or Korea get caught they usually commit suicide. This guy should have done the same. I could respect that

China, sort of the same, except the state executes them

no no, they force all the blame on subordinates who are then made to commit suicide. rich old fucks don't face consequences anywhere in the world.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Lime Tonics posted:

"(We had) problems five times (Tuesday) and yesterday it had already happened as well," Albrecht told Agence France Presse.

tater_salad posted:

"There has not been one complaint about the water here at rio, the media made it out to be really bad, but not one person has complained. Some of the sailors even have gone on to swim in the water after the event it's so clean"

EVERYTHING IS FINE

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
LMAO

Germany just beat Nigeria in men's soccer, securing their spot to play Brazil for the gold medal on Saturday.

:munch:

HAM ON THE BONE fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 17, 2016

Vasily Tokarev
Jul 29, 2016

by Smythe
my Gold Zone feed froze in the middle of a medal ceremony and i managed to catch some Spooky Kabuki

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Viruswithshoes posted:

German Olympic federation showing their fun side:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37105796

"It looked as though they completed a fun run and not [an] Olympic [race]," German Athletics Federation director Thomas Kurschilgen told reporters.

He argued that it was "disrespectful and a slap in the face to all the other athletes in the German team". Public relations should not come before the interest of the national team, he argued.

JFC, lighten up Germany!

"We only allow the most solemn and respectful interpretations of the Olympic Games, such as bribery, forced labor, and that one time we literally had Nazis hold the Olympics."

Vasily Tokarev
Jul 29, 2016

by Smythe

chitoryu12 posted:

"We only allow the most solemn and respectful interpretations of the Olympic Games, such as bribery, forced labor, and that one time we literally had Nazis hold the Olympics."

Not once but twice... they did the winter olympics that year too

Vasily Tokarev
Jul 29, 2016

by Smythe
the nazi's I mean

Vasily Tokarev
Jul 29, 2016

by Smythe
this is my best screen cap of these games so far

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Shoehead posted:

Would he end up in a Brazilian prison? I don't know much about their prisons 'cos I always assumed their police would just shoot you?

They're really packed in there, like they got a brazillion ppl in each cel;l.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

School Nickname posted:

*Knock on son's hotel room door*

Head of Irish Olympic Committee: "Well son, looks like the entertainment has arriv-"

Apparently he was naked when he answered the door :laffo:

Also the Brazilian police just do not give a gently caress about lawyer-client confidentiality and posted a letter from his solicitor. The letter instructs Hickey to tell the Irish Sports Minister in an upcoming meeting regarding the arrest of an Irish Touter, to shove it up his rear end or face legal action. There'd be holy loving war in Ireland if the Guards pulled that kind of poo poo. People on Irish forums are loving it because there's loving nothing the Irish political/legal class can do about this. This is what normally happens in Ireland.

This guy is on the IOC Executive Board by the way, as well as being the President of the European Olympics Committees, pretty much the most senior official in European sport. The media is just reporting him as the Irish OC head though.

Video here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-37112067

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

What a coincidence, the spectator stands are also sitting ten brazilian people.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'm sensing a disturbance in the force, like a hundred brazillain ppl crying out at once, and then a metal ceremony...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Viruswithshoes posted:

"It looked as though they completed a fun run and not [an] Olympic [race]," German Athletics Federation director Thomas Kurschilgen told reporters.

He argued that it was "disrespectful and a slap in the face to all the other athletes in the German team". Public relations should not come before the interest of the national team, he argued.

JFC, lighten up Germany!

Germany is no longer allowed to have fun. The last time a German had fun, it resulted in World War 2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

anglerfish posted:

LMAO

Germany just beat Nigeria in men's soccer, securing their spot to play Brazil for the gold medal on Saturday.

:munch:

7-1 repeat please

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Darth123123 posted:

it's a joke you tool. See the US would never allow extradition of an Olympic gold medal athlete, much less to Brazil.

OK, chill. I just didn't know if he'd been charged.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Haha he actually was bollocks naked. :laffo: The IOC executive board, folks!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

7-1 repeat please

Oh god yes. :gizz:

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 17, 2016

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

School Nickname posted:

Haha he actually was bollocks naked. :laffo: The IOC executive board, folks!

Oh god yes. :gizz:

shame on you if you've never hung out naked in a hotel room

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Never in a relative's hotel room with ~900€ a day spending cash.

e; It's the top story on the BBC holy poo poo.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cumslut1895 posted:

I got ringworm.

Should have expected it since they'd recently "remodeled" a wing that had a meth cook fire.

Also worked at a hotel once briefly, they do not wash the comforter/duvet often so uh, think about that.

Basically strip the top layer off, they do wash the sheets and stuff but do not get all drunk and horny and gently caress on the top layer, that poo poo is nasty.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Germany is no longer allowed to have fun. The last time a German had fun, it resulted in World War 2.

I wonder what punishment Germany would have given these girls if they were german.
http://www.flotrack.org/article/45135-abbey-d-agostino-shows-sportsmanship-after-fall-earns-spot-in-final

They purposely stopped running to help each other out. One helped the other off the ground, and then she returned the favor when the girl that helped her couldn't continue.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I wonder what punishment Germany would have given these girls if they were german.
http://www.flotrack.org/article/45135-abbey-d-agostino-shows-sportsmanship-after-fall-earns-spot-in-final

They purposely stopped running to help each other out. One helped the other off the ground, and then she returned the favor when the girl that helped her couldn't continue.

Nations literally helping each other through the inspirational lens of sport?? How loving DARE THEY

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Vasily Tokarev posted:

this is my best screen cap of these games so far

I wish I'd gotten one of the Chinese Harry Potter With Dead Eyes who was in the pistol competition

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Cumslut1895 posted:

I like dragging my ballsack over all the furniture

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

edit : boaters mad, and they are brazilian even,

A Brazilian sailor ripped the water conditions on the Olympic catamaran course, saying floating garbage cost his boat a shot at a medal.

Brazil's Samuel Albrecht, who partnered with Isabel Swan, finished in eighth place in the Nacra 17 competition at Marina da Gloria. Albrecht said he bit his tongue when it happened Monday, but said the conditions in the race Tuesday were too much.

"We didn't want to talk much about the subject, but today it was really terrible, it was really dirty. We were in second place but we hit rubbish. I don't know if it happened with others, but it happened to us today."

Swan confirmed there was debris on the rudder of their craft, just one of the worries at a venue where bacteria in the sewage-laden waters sparked health concerns.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/brazil-sailors-fume-about-garbage-course-n632671

^^ odd because the NBC broadcast while waiting for sailing to not start clearly said how clear and bacteria free the water was and that there were no complaints ever about the water...

Everything is fine.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

I wish I'd gotten one of the Chinese Harry Potter With Dead Eyes who was in the pistol competition

???

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

He looks like he is wearing a set of Groucho glasses that the mustache fell off of.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

He looks like he is wearing a set of Groucho glasses that the mustache fell off of.

I like that brazilian news tried to portray his obsession and love for the sport in a positive light

but since it's shooting it just sounded like he would be a school shooter had he not found out about competitive shooting first

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Medal? What's-a-medal with you? :wiggle:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Viruswithshoes posted:

JFC, lighten up Germany!
germans aren't exactly known for their sense of humor or optimistic view of the world, way to care about your self-image guys

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It was Zhang Fusheng

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Execution.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vasily Tokarev posted:

my Gold Zone feed froze in the middle of a medal ceremony and i managed to catch some Spooky Kabuki

Is the anime poo poo or Japanophile stuff?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

:ducksiren: CAPYBARAS PLAYING TOGETHER ON THE GOLF COURSE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL :ducksiren:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

https://www.facebook.com/tocapropaii/videos/286511565057677/

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Subjunctive posted:

OK, chill. I just didn't know if he'd been charged.

I over reacted sry

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

7-1 repeat please

Even if you don't like soccer this match has a COOL story.

On the one hand, it would be a great tale of redemption if Brazil won.

On the other hand, Germany invented the word Schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm the ancient Brazilian art of using your face to cartwheel.

• Locked thread