Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
who would win

sage northcutt or cm punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Buckle posted:

But the people Punk is fighting in the smokers probably have more experience than Mickey Gall.

They should fight him.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

RacistGuidingLight posted:

They should fight him.

Yeah it sounds like they are ready for the UFC!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He's lost all his smoker fights, he's dumb enough to train with smoker fights, and he did MMA training for years before "going pro".

Actually, a wrestling announcer saying he had a mixed martial arts background because he liked watching it and did karate as a kid is not the same thing as training for MMA.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

exploding mummy posted:

who would win

sage northcutt or cm punk

I think it would be a double KO draw as the kick each others shins at the same time.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Sage Northcutt would outclass CM Punk so much it would be astounding. Like if you didn't know anything else about the sport you would think Sage Northcutt is the greatest fighter on Earth after he demolished Punk, but instead he's only marginally better than Cody Fisther.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Sage Northcutt is more handsome, more athletic, a better fighter, and a nicer person than Phil "Chick Magnet Punk" Brooks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also he doesn't drink alcohol for a good reason (he's 12) as opposed to a bad reason (legs start shaking like a Looney Toon cartoon character at the sight of it)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bubba Smith posted:

Sage Northcutt would outclass CM Punk so much it would be astounding. Like if you didn't know anything else about the sport you would think Sage Northcutt is the greatest fighter on Earth after he demolished Punk, but instead he's only marginally better than Cody Fisther.

If(ha!) Punk beats Gall and another dude, I'd love to see him fight Sage. But that's an if you can see from orbit.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I don't think it's hyperbolic to say Sage Northcutt is twice as fast as CM Punk. It would be like Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin played out again except when Forrest said it was like trying to beat up his father it would this time be the extremely Christian teenage son beating the poo poo out of his slow confused dad

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't think it's hyperbolic to say Sage Northcutt is twice as fast as CM Punk. It would be like Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin played out again except when Forrest said it was like trying to beat up his father it would this time be the extremely Christian teenage son beating the poo poo out of his slow confused dad

Matt Hughes nods in approval

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sage Northcutt actually won amateur fights before his UFC debut, won in the UFC and has some semblance of existing skill and has shown improvement throughout his fights even if he isn't amazing. He'd gently caress CM Punk up.

Even if those W's were favourable matchups, they're still wins against people who were trying to hurt him. Quantifably more than Punk has.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 18, 2016

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Sage has been training for like a decade and still people make fun of him for being bad. It's a tough sport

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

To be fair, I think people tend to agree Sage is reasonably good at the things in MMA he actually has been training for his whole life. It's the other aspects people mock.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I don't really mean here, but just in general. It probably didn't help that Joe rogan kept saying he didn't get choked, he tapped for no reason, his cowardice is despicable, or whatever

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Keg posted:

Actually, a wrestling announcer saying he had a mixed martial arts background because he liked watching it and did karate as a kid is not the same thing as training for MMA.

Daniel Bryan chased down a guy who robbed his house and held him down for 5 minutes until the cops arrived.

CM Punk is afraid to drink a beer.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Presumably the NSAC won't let Joe Silva book Daniel Bryan vs. A Bear.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Marching Powder posted:

As much as I enjoy making GBS threads on Punk because I don't watch pro wrestling or whatever, if he gets blown out of the water by a 2-0 guy after 2 years personal training with world class* trainers, that's insanely pathetic for both him as an individual and his camp. It will be competitive.

Good point. I think that's the better way to look at it despite the betting lines. Funnily enough, his odds got worse after that first episode aired. It'll be interesting to see that go back down as the documentary further unfolds.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

people so invested in ufc superstar cm punk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Daniel Bryan chased down a guy who robbed his house and held him down for 5 minutes until the cops arrived.

CM Punk is afraid to drink a beer.

Daniel Bryan's brain is coated in a nice layer of calcium.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, you'd give up too if you were a robber being chased down the road by a farm.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Cm punk is garbage

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
CM Punk might win the fight, but being a former pro wrestler, he will never earn my respect.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

finally watched all of the doc, I wish I could find uncut footage of the smoker. He didn't look terrible in the edit. Yeah he got stomped but that's what I expect a 6-2 pro to do to a guy who at that time was about 2 months into training. Still kept that chin way too high tho.

revised prediction: who the gently caress knows.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Gonzo McFee posted:

It'll be hard for him to use that experience when he's suffering from early onset dementia.

Depends how hard he gets hit in the head. I'm surprised not a whole lot of MMA fighters have gone Benoit or died young compared to wrestlers, but then again they have different regimes and lifestyles.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I fear that's in the pipeline

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is War Machine still the most horrible piece of poo poo in MMA?

(I figure there's probably a guy who had at least one amateur fight and also committed murder, but he was on prime time television.)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Joe Son

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
poo poo, how could I forget?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Halloween Jack posted:

Is War Machine still the most horrible piece of poo poo in MMA?

(I figure there's probably a guy who had at least one amateur fight and also committed murder, but he was on prime time television.)

Joe son is the only guy that's definitely worse.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

uncleKitchener posted:

Depends how hard he gets hit in the head. I'm surprised not a whole lot of MMA fighters have gone Benoit or died young compared to wrestlers, but then again they have different regimes and lifestyles.

They mostly don't for the same reason boxers mostly don't; when you get a concussion in MMA you're suspended for a minimum of 30 and usually 60 days, whereas in wrestling until quite recently you were expected to rub some dirt on it and get back out there tomorrow.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Poor Gary Goodridge :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hermes Franca is a real piece of work too, iirc. And then there's your domestic abusers. Rumble rumblin on his ladies. Phil Davis wrestled his girl into the couch because she could outstrike him if he kept it standing.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

CM Punk might win the fight, but being a former pro wrestler, he will never earn my respect.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Badr Hari had 1 or 2 mma fights right? If so then, he's #1 P4P POS

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

MysteryNad posted:

Joe Son stabbed his cell mate to death, while in jail for gang rape.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marching Powder posted:

Joe son is the only guy that's definitely

[quote="Marching Powder" post="463346012"]
Joe son is the only guy that's definitely worse.

At least Joe Son shut the gently caress up while in prison.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Josh Grispi was well on his way to killing his wife. As i recally he trained the family dog to attack her on command.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MysteryNad posted:

One and it was a 22 second sub loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
War Machine is up there.

• Locked thread