Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unmature
May 9, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In Infinity War, they should just silently recast Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk and never mention it.

It's a real smooth transition. There will be a real far away shot where you'll subconsciously think "he looks weird there" if you even notice it. Until some closeup over the shoulder shots. And then eventually scenes are intercut with them. Ruffalo starts a thought, cuts to RDJ's reaction, cut back and it's just Ferrigno there. Back to Ruffalo after another cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It will be like how you don't notice Perfect Tommy's outfit keeps changing in the end credits for Buckaroo Banzai.

So Jared Leto claims he was tricked into doing Suicide Squad. gently caress you rear end in a top hat. Did you go into this movie thinking it was all about you? You didn't realize that you were only in it so they could print posters and tshirts of your Joker and sell it to dumb kids who are super into The Purge? What a petulant child, maybe you should have been paying more attention to the movie you were making rather than trying to be an edge lord with your stupid pranks and poo poo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

I want Norton Hulk, but I can't tell if I'm just biased because of how much I love Fight Club.

Please keep posting, I'm playing edgy teenager bingo

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

I like it for the exact opposite reasons shitheads do, I get that half the point is that Tyler Durden is actually a pompous rear end in a top hat.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 17, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Travis343 posted:

Liking Fight Club is a pretty universal thing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

This is true but it might also depend on whether you think Tyler was right or not.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

WickedHate posted:

I like it for the exact opposite reasons shitheads do

hahahahahahahahaha

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I prefer to not let the fact that college frat bros love a movie for the wrong reasons get in the way of me liking what I think is a pretty good movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

This is true but it might also depend on whether you think Tyler was right or not.

The movie itself doesn't do the best job at telling you he's not.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

I prefer to not let the fact that college frat bros love a movie for the wrong reasons get in the way of me liking what I think is a pretty good movie.

Exactly! Thank you, G4's Movies That Don't Suck, which also introduced me to Tron. (I miss G4 :()

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

twistedmentat posted:

So Jared Leto claims he was tricked into doing Suicide Squad.

How is this even possible? Like he showed up after signing a contract, went to work for all the shoots, did all his crazy antics, and all of a sudden he's like WTF happened here, I thought this was a music video for 30 seconds to Mars?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think he means he thought his part was a bigger part of the movie than it actually was.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

The movie itself doesn't do the best job at telling you he's not.

The movie being a multi-million dollar enterprise starring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton is really all the proof you need that he's not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Roth posted:

I think he means he thought his part was a bigger part of the movie than it actually was.

It's so dumb because he cannot see the forest through the trees. All he sees is he's not a bigger part of SS, missing that when they do a Batffleck movie, he's probably going to be the villain. But again, he's such a loving prima donna that he can only see his own ego.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It's so dumb because he cannot see the forest through the trees. All he sees is he's not a bigger part of SS, missing that when they do a Batffleck movie, he's probably going to be the villain. But again, he's such a loving prima donna that he can only see his own ego.

If I was Ben Affleck and I heard all the poo poo Leto's co-stars talked about him, I'd make my movie about Film Freak or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Roth posted:

Not just thinks, they actually filmed a lot more scenes with his character that got cut. So he filmed a lot of stuff and was featured heavily in promotional material, not that hard to understand why he would be annoyed with the finished product.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

Not just thinks, they actually filmed a lot more scenes with his character that got cut. So he filmed a lot of stuff and was featured heavily in promotional material, not that hard to understand why he would be annoyed with the finished product.

I was about to make this exact post, but I personally hate Jared Leto and didn't want "WickedHate, noted Jared Leto defender" added to my rep.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

If I was Ben Affleck and I heard all the poo poo Leto's co-stars talked about him, I'd make my movie about Film Freak or something.

Yep. I mean, WB has already demonstrated that they'll stay the course even if its headed straight into an iceberg, but if you've got actors getting all pissy and poo poo talking what you're doing, there's a point where even they will realize they'd have to change.

The last thing they need is Leto being an rear end on the set of another movie causing delays and production problems. Plus Leto isn't nearly the star he thinks he is so if he and Affleck are butting heads, we know who would be the loser in that game.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marvel is doing a Runaways TV series through Hulu.

http://www.eonline.com/news/788253/...imdb_topstories

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marvel is doing a Runaways TV series through Hulu.

http://www.eonline.com/news/788253/...imdb_topstories

Which is incredibly stupid because Hulu isn't available outside the US, so they're basically setting it up to be the most pirated show ever.

Though I heard that it will be some separate thing not related to the MCU, which makes me sad because I'd really like to see Nico and Molly in there. That article suggests that it will be in the MCU.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It will probably have some kind of international partner.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

Even I liked Fight Club and it has been proven I have no taste in films.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Y'all mother fuckers is crazy, Roofalo is the first and only Banner I have ever remotely cared about.
Thank God your wishes will never come true.

P.S. was it here that I heard that Nico Minoru's mom was going to be in Dr. Strange (like as one of the bad guys lackeys)?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Fight Club is great cause it's a movie you can watch as a teenage boy and like for the wrong reason and then watch again years later and realize what the movie's actually about and feel an incredible horror at how successfully it satirizes its target (you, as a teenage boy)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SlimGoodbody posted:

Fight Club is great cause it's a movie you can watch as a teenage boy and like for the wrong reason and then watch again years later and realize what the movie's actually about and feel an incredible horror at how successfully it satirizes its target (you, as a teenage boy)
Kind of like Starship Troopers in that regard

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Are you guys telling me the destruction of capitalism is bad

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SlimGoodbody posted:

Honestly, I got it when I was like, 12 or so. It's not a very subtle film if you pay attention to it and don't get wrapped up in the fancy speeches in the middle, but stupid people are incredibly stupid.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I really like Mark Ruffalo. I didn't hate the Hulk movie at all, but the last time I saw Norton was a rewatch of American History X. So picturing him as a guy who can turn into a giant green rage monster is pretty frightening.

Leto getting his stuff cut out and whining about it is well-deserved punishment.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

I like it for the exact opposite reasons shitheads do

Would you say...you laugh at them, because they're all the same

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SlimGoodbody posted:

Like Catcher in the Rye.

Also if you like Fight Club and haven't seen Mr Robot you are missing out.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Are you guys telling me the destruction of capitalism is bad

No, it's great! But not by means of a Paleo-Libertarian Darwinian Fuckboy revolution

Edit: just finished the first season of Mr. Robot and loved it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

No, it's great! But not by means of a Paleo-Libertarian Darwinian Fuckboy revolution

Edit: just finished the first season of Mr. Robot and loved it

I'm not sure fuckboy means what you think it does.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not sure fuckboy means what you think it does.

I think it fits. What do you think it means?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm pretty sure it's a homophobic slur?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I've heard it applied to straight guys too. Like, the overbro types who just gently caress you around for kicks.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The exact specifications are kind of ambiguous. Could be used in homophobic contexts but definitely not how I've seen it used in the past year or so.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 18, 2016

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Every time I've seen it used it's been to refer to someone TLC would have called a scrub.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Do I need to post that stupid South Park clip

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It absolutely refers to a dudebro stereotypical frat boy. I've never heard it applied to a homosexual person. I mean...that's scraping the bottom of the drat barrel as far as slurs go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lurdiak posted:

No, it's the description straight women use to describe boyfriends who would gently caress around on them. Hence, "fuckboy". Or, rather, "fuckboi". It's meant to be diminutive and emasculating towards cheating men, like they're not even men, they're stupid fuckboys because they pull that poo poo. It's been adapted to modern lexicon.

Also, you're thinking of rentboys.

• Locked thread