Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

:siren:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BSjI057Dmo:siren:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I am so hyped.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Joshuu's come hither stare

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That loving Kira

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
someone translates this bad boy

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm guessing from that preview that the episode is going to end either at or right before the Killer Queen reveal.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Butt Ox posted:

I'm guessing from that preview that the episode is going to end either at or right before the Killer Queen reveal.

I'm going to say right before, it's the end of the first three chapters.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the KQ reveal happens a couple pages after the end of chapter 3 so we might get a cliffhanger on a brief reveal and kira saying he's going to erase shigechi. the length of chapters is a little malleable in show form so they have a fair bit of room when it comes to where they can cut it off.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It should definitely end on the reveal Killer Queen's silhouette.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"A hot first kiss! All the best wishes for Koichi and Yukako! However, dark clouds loom over the town of Morioh... There's a serial killer haunting Morioh! Ah, watch out! Next time: Watch out, Shigechi!"

via /a/

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I would not post that translation in the anime thread.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Smdh the first kiss doesn't refer to Kira and his girlfriend

Also if they don't end on the reveal of Killer Queen and "What I'm saying, Shigechi, is....I'll erase you." I might die

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

someone translates this bad boy

Done.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

thank you

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

has any info come out about the potential song for the third OP yet, or is it too early?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's All Star.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

It's All Star.

glad somebody made that joke so I didn't have to.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well when they start using official songs for the OP then maybe that will happen, but as of right now the track record points to 0%

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Butt Ox posted:

I would not post that translation in the anime thread.

Honestly it isn't spoilery unless you know fatty dies, or someone tells you it's spoilery. Otherwise I'd figure people would assume it means Kira is after fatty, and it's up to the duwang gang to stop him!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Shigechi watch out!" when there's a serial killer following him isn't exactly masters level algebra.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

"Shigechi watch out!" when there's a serial killer following him isn't exactly masters level algebra.

the first arc in diu is about a serial killer going after a protagonist and things turned out fine

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I am going to recommend that one specific person post the inevitable beautiful Duwang panel, because otherwise there'll be page after page of it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also with that reasoning they might as well not watch the preview because the translation isn't going to say anything that the moving pictures haven't

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The previews are always spoilery as gently caress

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

the first arc in diu is about a serial killer going after a protagonist and things turned out fine

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Too bad Shigechi's not a protagonist and is a secondary character.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kira was a hero

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't wait to see him smash that sarnie

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
can't wait for kira to stare down a dog

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
can't wait for anime only people to get grossed out when kira takes a bath with that kid

though it is pretty hosed up for real

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I remember the French edition (the first one anyway) had a translator's note saying something like "In Japan, parents and children often share baths"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He does kill Hayato by the end of that scene, so they're not wrong to be real uncomfortable about it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

He does kill Hayato by the end of that scene, so they're not wrong to be real uncomfortable about it

I reread that scene pretty recently and was shocked when Hayato got killed, I totally remembered it as Kira was just freaking out in the mirror to his dad after failing to intimidate Hayato

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Indulge me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BaDandy posted:

What it does do a good job of is get handle on Dio's....Dio-ness, and the bit where he's actually explaining why he needs "evil" souls for his plan is appropriately Time Cube-like but....ehhhhh.

Funnily enough, I'd heard the opposite, that it misses the point and charm of a lot of Dio's personality traits and that it tries to make him more sympathetic in ways that don't make sense for him. Seeing as I haven't read it, I can't say for sure, so is there anything there that you'd agree with or could understand why someone else would read it that way?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

How do I perfectly replicate this image for my tinder profile

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

chaos rhames posted:

How do I perfectly replicate this image for my tinder profile

Look in a mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

I reread that scene pretty recently and was shocked when Hayato got killed, I totally remembered it as Kira was just freaking out in the mirror to his dad after failing to intimidate Hayato

Yeah, I had completely forgotten too that he straight up killed Hayato. That's really why he was freaking out about what he was going to do next. Its actually a huge thing since its how the arrow gives him Bites the Dust and lets him rewind an hour to fix it.

I think that was lost on me because of lovely duwang scans and at somepoint just glossing over dialogue rather than trying to parse what was really going on.

And yeah I am also waiting for the bathscene, cause goddamn the tension in that scene and everything after is so thick you could choke on it.