Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Geostomp posted:

I'm kind of curious as to what kind of testimony the Feds really need for so many plea deals. Surely they have enough to bury the Bundys in the deepest pits they have already?

They've probably got more than enough based on what the Bundy's have posted on Facebook alone. My guess is it's all part of showing the world that they're spineless cowards to their core and happy to turn on each other to save their own skin. With any luck the Feds will release the tapes of the underlings begging to rat on the Bundy's for leniency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I hope squishface gets the lightest sentence he's my favorite.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

Gonna be a bunch of dissapointed goons when Bundy gets 5-10.

:jerkbag:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
not as disappointed as the Bundys when they get out of prison and Hillary is president and nobody gives a poo poo about their hero narrative anymore. It's just them, bills to pay, and the darkness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gFnCwVqbWs

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

red19fire posted:

They've probably got more than enough based on what the Bundy's have posted on Facebook alone. My guess is it's all part of showing the world that they're spineless cowards to their core and happy to turn on each other to save their own skin. With any luck the Feds will release the tapes of the underlings begging to rat on the Bundy's for leniency.

See the Mafia.

It used to be pretty common for mobsters to go to jail on their "omerta" code of silence since it would be a short stint behind bars and they'd be taken care of while in prison, which would also mean they'd get paroled earlier since they're not looking for trouble, and once they got out, they'd have protection and opportunities to rebuild their standing. Then, in the '70s, Nixon gets a whole bunch of drug laws and the RICO act passed, and suddenly, getting sent to the slammer for two-three years and a good chance to get out early with good behavior starts looking like minimum 20 years with no parole. So, what started happening was mobsters started snitching on one another. It gets so bad in the mafia that anyone dealing with those charges are preemptively assassinated to prevent ratting out their coworkers and superiors, so that gets even more mobsters willing to cooperate because now their lives are at risk even if they were made men following their mafia code.

It's said that drug laws were the primary reason for the collapse of the Mob because how could you do business if you're either having people rat you out or you're murdering your own tightly-knit crime family to preserve it. No one would want to join up if they're going to get murdered or sent up the river by their friends. The Mafia is still around but has weakened it's scope significantly. It's why the common interpretation these days is "The Sopranos", where the best Tony Soprano could do was a middle-class life in New Jersey and a strip club, and no longer The Godfather, where Michael Corleone has mansions in New Jersey, Lake Tahoe, and Italy and almost had Cuba and the Vatican.

Krinkle posted:

I hope squishface gets the lightest sentence he's my favorite.

Ryan might but he's also probably not going to live to see it. Like probably before trial, the way things are looking. I'm guessing that his imprisonment is beginning to get to him and he's realizing the consequences of no longer being a rancher.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Young Freud posted:

Also, linked from that article: Roseburg Boy Names Prize Steer After Slain Refuge Occupier

And that steer is going to suffer the same fate as Lavoy: being third-rate and going to slaughter.

I don't blame the kid, being 10 he's just repeating the bullshit his parents fed him.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Alan Smithee posted:

not as disappointed as the Bundys when they get out of prison and Hillary is president and nobody gives a poo poo about their hero narrative anymore. It's just them, bills to pay, and the darkness

You got me right on the edge dude keep going to the part where their skellington cows are auctioned off for back taxes and they lay unmourned in pauper's graves. I need to pop off this nut.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Otisburg posted:

You got me right on the edge dude keep going to the part where their skellington cows are auctioned off for back taxes and they lay unmourned in pauper's graves. I need to pop off this nut.

One or more of the Bundys will write a book in prison and the federal government will seize the proceeds of the book to pay for the damage they did at Malheur

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Personally I'd like to see them get 10 year sentences but get fines so steep that they'll be paying 25% of their wage in garnishments literally for the rest of their life

They get out of prison and their kids and estranged wives won't talk to them and they can't pay their bills, the bundys will have to move in together and share a trailer in the desert and be those kinds of people who say "Oh, I can't have a bank account" when they get asked about direct deposit at a new job or whatever

btw if someone ever says the phrase "I can't have a bank account" to you there is a 100% chance they are a garbage person

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Otisburg posted:

They open up a hot dog stand

*blows in your ear*

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Otisburg posted:

I wish I saved this post from the last thread, so I'm paraphrasing:

Some goon posted:

It's FiniCUM as in 'I'm finna cum when these shitters get loving wrecked'.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Young Freud posted:

You can bet that any plea deals involved turning on the Bundy clan. No, they're going to throw the book at them for both Bunkerville and Malheur and they're using the others to sell them out. The Feds have experience dealing with mafiosos and terrorists by having the underlings turn on the big man that some podunk insurrectionists aren't going to escape them.

Even the language used in Ritzheimer's statement is being made that Bundys weren't equals among them, but leaders, hence the comment about him clearing out the reserve before Ammon Bundy was to arrive. They're making it look like he was some conquering commander.

Also, linked from that article: Roseburg Boy Names Prize Steer After Slain Refuge Occupier

And that steer is going to suffer the same fate as Lavoy: being third-rate and going to slaughter.
Still amazing to me that in every one of these articles the garbage media either glosses over or omits the fact that he was shot while trying to murder federal officers

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Hazo posted:

Still amazing to me that in every one of these articles the garbage media either glosses over or omits the fact that he was shot while trying to murder federal officers

quote:

A 10-year-old Roseburg boy has honored one of the occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge by naming his prize-winning steer after him.

The News-Review reports that a 1,030-pound black Maine-Anjou named LaVoy Finicum earned third-place at the Douglas County Fair. The steer is named after Robert “LaVoy” Finicum, the Arizona rancher killed by law enforcement during the occupation. In March officials declared the shooting justified.

Gotta love that choice of language too

:jerkbag: There's always two sides, and there's no right answers.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

he named a steer after Lavoy

can I name a queer after one of the bundies

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bombadilillo posted:

Gonna be a bunch of dissapointed goons when Bundy gets 5-10.

lol i remember when everyone was screaming "THE FEDS ARE JUST GONNA LET THESE GUYS WALK, THEY SHOULDA ROLLED IN AND EXECUTED EVERYONE BY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :supaburn:"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Jerry DeLemus enters guilty plea

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:allears: I wonder who he sold out?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so basically everyone is pleading/flipping and the bundys and a few loyal followers. i am ok with that. the bundys and the diehards will be in fed pen forever and the ones who flipped will probably be hated by the community and go into obscurity.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
He was a Trump organizer, Bundy supporter, and married to a GOP state assemblywoman.

Just imagine what horrible opinions he must hold on every conceivable subject if this is just the stuff we know about.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so basically everyone is pleading/flipping and the bundys and a few loyal followers. i am ok with that. the bundys and the diehards will be in fed pen forever and the ones who flipped will probably be hated by the community and go into obscurity.

This is pretty much how the FBI rolls. Offer reduced sentences to the lower level people that pose little to no risk of being this stupid again in exchange for testimony against the people they want to make examples out of, and the FBI does not gently caress around when it wants to make an example out of someone.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I would be extremely surprised if any member of the main bundy clan ever got out of prison

:S might out of pity

If Ammon ever gets out though he'll be exiting prison straight to a convalescent home.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Young Freud posted:

Gonna go out the same as it's namesake, shot in the head for the benefit of others without an ounce of understanding why

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What happened to that douchebag RWmedia blowhard that YouTubed his thrilling antics of Yelling at Protestors with a Bullhorn and dramatically called Kylo Meth the night of the Big Escape, who later said he wasn't an occupier but a JOURNALIST documenting everything?

Because I really hope he can't cop a plea deal.
I'm also surprised Barbie McGunTits wasn't implicated for her part in calling the Finnicum Four during the standoff.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Santilli has only been charged with conspiracy to impede US officers (hasn't pled). Trial date is in September. Also has 16 assault, obstruction and firearm charges from Bunkerville, in which the government considers him a "leader and organizer of the conspiracy".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
And every Pete Santilli show that had anything remotely occupation related is being presented as evidence.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Can we charge the assemblywoman for aiding and abetting for buying mcdonalds from portland or whatever

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Alan Smithee posted:

Can we charge the assemblywoman for aiding and abetting for buying mcdonalds from portland or whatever

Probably not, but her interference with the negotiations should be worth something.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I dunno, i think even the FBI thought the "negotiations" was a joke, hence why our hero Mark spent more time trolling than anything

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I hope Mark got some sort of commendation and an office joke trophy for his desk.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Bad Moon posted:

I hope Mark got some sort of commendation and an office joke trophy for his desk.

they're giving him a secret 24/7 livestream into the bundys' cells for the rest of his life

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/occupied_burns/status/766074662929313792 :sad:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

You missed the best part.

https://twitter.com/SwidSeor/status/766076107783143424

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

Yes, she is a garbage person but she was the one who talked Cliven Bundy into hopping on a plane so maybe they gave her a pass.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Cliven Bundy getting on a plane was just the most amazingly stupid thing to do.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Fiore got played like a fiddle by the Feds, and delivered them one of the biggest fish they'd been looking for. I wonder how many death threats she got for that little stunt?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Fiore got played like a fiddle by the Feds, and delivered them one of the biggest fish they'd been looking for. I wonder how many death threats she got for that little stunt?

That's the best part. By not reeling her in, they destroyed her credibility and marred the credibly of any other politician who wants to align with the SovCit loonies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
One of my favorite Fiore moments was when she was in a call with all the local Harney county officials and tried to call Ammon a rancher. The judge, already at wits end with these loons, immediately cuts her off and calls him a used car salesman that happened to grow up on a ranch.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

One of my favorite Fiore moments was when she was in a call with all the local Harney county officials and tried to call Ammon a rancher. The judge, already at wits end with these loons, immediately cuts her off and calls him a used car salesman that happened to grow up on a ranch.

That interaction was esp. hilarious since the judge is kind of a right wing sagebrush crazy himself

He wasn't just pissed at the Bundys for being a bunch of wannabe pretend ranchers, he was pissed at them for how massively their dumb stunt discredited the sagebrush movement and how hard it is going to be to get traction anymore through legislative means

And he was right, of course. It takes a hell of a lot more political capital now to get anything done on "giving the land back to the states" and I can't imagine the handful of rural yahoos it affects will ever have any luck getting the process moving again. Good. I'd rather have wild birds than a bunch of dumb ranchers living on handouts from the federal government anyway

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Yes, she is a garbage person but she was the one who talked Cliven Bundy into hopping on a plane so maybe they gave her a pass.

can we give her a medal so everyone thinks she's a false flag inside jobber crisis actor

and then all the heehaws tear her to pieces like dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I don't get the obsidian part, to be honest.