Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope the handset has its own power cord so i can keep playing when its low and i'm not home with the dock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope the handset has its own power cord so i can keep playing when its low and i'm not home with the dock.

the handset will have its own power cord and the dock will have its own power cord and both of them will need to be plugged in at the same time to work.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

microsoft will buy nintendo and name it the nintendo nt

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sega does what nintendon't joke didn't connect like it thought it would

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Al-Saqr posted:

Man imagine if Zelda breath of the wild on WiiU is the actual high end definitive version while the NX version is the downgrade hahaha

There was a WiiU game that did that, too. Can't remember the name of it, but some platformer with gyro controls.

(The WiiU game was the port of a crummy 3DS sequel and it came with the definitive Wii version on a bonus disc.)

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 18, 2016

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Instant Sunrise posted:

the handset will have its own power cord and the dock will have its own power cord and both of them will need to be plugged in at the same time to work.

Yeah this is probably right. Sega CD time, y'alllllll.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

~Coxy posted:

There was a WiiU game that did that, too. Can't remember the name of it, but some platformer with gyro controls.

(The WiiU game was the port of a crummy 3DS sequel and it came with the definitive Wii version on a bonus disc.)

rodea the sky soldier

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
real talk I hope they just call it Nintendonx

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kashuno posted:

real talk I hope they just call it Nintendonx

yes plz

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'd not be surprised if it ended up being the Nintendox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'd not be surprised if it ended up being the Nintendox.

transmits your personal info to everyone you beat in splatoon

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

call it the Super Super Nintendo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This just in, its called the Nintendo Power Hug. I know some of you are going to be skeptical, but after trying the hug base controls myself I have to say it works perfectly and that the Kirby shape console is a good huger.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
honkey tong nitntendonx

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
They should name it the Nintendo Iwata's Epitaph.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The Nintendo.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The Nintendo.

No.

NINTENDO.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the nine inch nails tendo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
R. O. B. 2

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

sega does what nintendon't joke didn't connect like it thought it would

i thought it was funny :)

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
First there was The 'Bone
Then came The 'Donx.

What will Sony's phallic entry be?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

coffeecup posted:

First there was The 'Bone
Then came The 'Donx.

What will Sony's phallic entry be?

donk is a butt tho

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Real hurthling! posted:

the nine inch nails tendo

god money nintendont want everything he wants it all

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Love the new thread title.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Soccer moms everywhere have finally figured out the Wii and Wii U and Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS lite and Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSiXL and Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DSXL and Nintendo 2DS and New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DSXL

Thankfully they're relaunching the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) this year so now they can introduce the
New Nintendo Entertainment System
the NNES

or they'll do the Ninendo NEXT so they can have a little arrow in their logo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NintenGo

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
New Nintendo is actually in line to what their marketing dep. is aiming at.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

fivegears4reverse posted:

It was.

Originally projected to reach 50 million units sold by 2005, the Gamecube didn't even reach half of that by the time production ended in 2007, falling just under the original Xbox's sales. Cue a number of overly defensive shitposts saying in effect: "nuh uh the game cube is good and cool can we have a different thread for doom and gloom and leave a hug box up for the rest of us"

It was the console that made Nintendo realize that it needed to do something different in the console space to remain competitive there. They certainly weren't having any problems with the Gameboy Advance, and the DS will go down as the last dedicated handheld to sell as well as it did, but their console business was in danger and pretty much everyone knew it.

The Gamecube started Nintendo's attempt at making cheap but polished sequels to their games. Nintendo did not try to make Sunshine as big as Ratchet and Clank or Zelda as big as Ocarina of Time. They thought they should not have invested the same money as their competitors, they thought they could happily coast the colorful videogameland on fanboy shitposts. It worked for keeping them in the market, but the point is that it did not grow their market, and the new generation that get exposed to Nintendo are the children of Nintendo owners, not kids taken from the vast market that is out there spending money on Doritos or wishing they could buy their $4000 Pc.

The real crux is if you believe that Nintendo did well or if they did not. Personally I would have had Mario and Destiny and various other multiplats on a single console, but since Nintendo was too stubborn I keep my PS4, because I'd rather pay for software than for hardware.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Super No Vacancy posted:

the wii being a cheap 360p hunk of plastic with waggle sticks and selling out everywhere and everyone souring on it 9 months later and putting it at the bottom of their closet, and nintendo continuing to make half-baked toys with their franchises e.g. star fox: zero buys, metroid: touchscreen poo poo shooter, animal crossing: amiibo pyramid scheme festival, mario: the same poo poo you seen on the SNES and 64 but shorter and less distinctive, have really crapped on the perception of their products. my advice is they need to make something good and prima facie impressive that doesnt seem like a waggle stick stuffed into a 3d-printed plastic tablet hobby kit, instead of making bad things

But the Nintendo Difference worked fine with the Wii, not discounting that you just had to borrow a first party game and a memory card to be able to play warez games on it :filez:

Sega at least had the courage to pull the plug when they found the same unpatchable exploit on the DC

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

limaCAT posted:

Sega at least had the courage to pull the plug when they found the same unpatchable exploit on the DC

That's an apples and oranges comparison. Sega kept reducing the price of the Dreamcast throughout 2000 to try and sway people away from the PS2 hype. Their logic was that they would recoup the costs with software sales. When that turned out not to work due to piracy and a very small installed user base, all the while the price of the components did not go down, Sega just started bleeding money on every system sold and bleeding hard. They had to stop.

Nintendo's Wii? They kept earning money for every system sold. The huge number of users also meant that for every 1 people that would pirate, there were 100 others who would legitimately buy games because they didn't know/care that they could pirate.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo needs third party support. Konami is creatively bankrupt. I feel like, if they got together, it could be interesting.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What the hell is a Nintendonx, indeed?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if Nintendo produced for a single console there'd be no more Rhythm Heaven so gently caress that

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

It's going to be called the Wii New.

You all know this.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

zenintrude posted:

It's going to be called the Wii New.

You all know this.

The Nintendo New Wii

N Nu Wii

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo needs third party support. Konami is creatively bankrupt. I feel like, if they got together, it could be interesting.

Konami sells its IPs to Nintendo, Snake gets brought back to Smash along with other Konami stars like Bonk, Bomberman, Alucard, and Goemon joining the battle

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Konami sells its IPs to Nintendo, Snake gets brought back to Smash along with other Konami stars like Bonk, Bomberman, Alucard, and Goemon joining the battle

It would make me extremely happy for my friends Snake and Simon Belmont to appear in Smash NX

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

DF has an actually capture x1 comparison video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm16p4qYjF4

its much stronger than the xb360 but held back by andriod's lack of direct x in this particular port

whats a direct x

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

zolthorg posted:

The Nintendo New Wii

N Nu Wii

Yes the mindless consumption of consumer electronics does evoke that name... I think you've got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Great Joe posted:

whats a direct x

It's the thing that PC gamers complained about for about 5 years because it meant they couldn't play games in DOS anymore ("muh resources!")

• Locked thread