Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Nah, fuckboys is sometimes synonymous with rentboys. It's not too common though. I've mostly heard it in very niche contexts.

e: This is the best topic this thread has ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The by far more popular usage of the term "fuckboy" and what is now common lexicon is a term of female empowerment, basically all the women I follow on twitter use it in that context and the men I follow who use it are absolutely referencing the more common definition of "fuckboy" now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Well, to be clear, "fuckboy" in the context used in Batman v. Superman means

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Lex.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Fuckboy is a slur, fuckboi isn't.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This isn't the place for whatever this discussion is or what you all think about Fight Club or people who like Fight Club. Get back to comic book movie discussion.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The first Ninja Turtles movie holds up, the second one doesn't.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

It also has the best budget:profit ratio of the whole series. Shocking what can be accomplished by sticking fairly close to source material and low amounts of executive meddling.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

It also has the best budget:profit ratio of the whole series. Shocking what can be accomplished by sticking fairly close to source material and low amounts of executive meddling.

And basically screwing over the talent.

It really was impressive what they were able to do with the lighting and camera work to make the puppets look good. And there's some great matte paintings in the film, too. Not to mention how grueling it must've been to do multiple takes of acrobatics wearing those loving hellsuits that didn't breathe at all.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The suits really are impressive. You can believe they are real creatures pretty easily if you let yourself do so. They're really expressive.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's wild that's the film we got instead of the second one. I don't wanna be all "serious is good, silly kiddy stuff is bad", but the first TMNT movie was the perfect balance of tone and mix of the comics with the cartoons. There's really no other reason for us to not have gotten the overly comical and childish second movie first than a straight up heaven sent miracle.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The opening scene of TMNT2 definitely holds up because Combat Coldcuts will always be great.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
TMNT3 is the best in the series.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a homophobic slur?

:milk:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

X-O posted:

This isn't the place for whatever this discussion is or what you all think about Fight Club or people who like Fight Club. Get back to comic book movie discussion.

When do you guys think Fight Club 2 will get a live-action movie adaptation?

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
TMNT3 taught me that movies could be bad even if they had rad ninjas in them. It took some of my childhood innocence.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

The second one is basically pitch perfect if you're expecting Season 3 in film format. It's only missing some kind of weaponized pizza launcher on the TurtVan, and the Tokka/Razor addition just made everyone long for Bebop/Rocksteady.

The first Turtle film? Well that's actually a decent movie that happens to revolve around mutant turtles. It's got a nice grimy noir thing to it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

e: whoops, missed X-O's post

LGD fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 18, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh my god no one cares

Unmature
May 9, 2008

MrAristocrates posted:

oh my god no one cares

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People caring has never been a requirement.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
TMNT 2 actually owns

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Toxxupation posted:

I havn't read about what Fight Club 2 is about but I mean wouldn't you need Edward Norton to come back? I'm not sure he'd be interested

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

WickedHate posted:

It's wild that's the film we got instead of the second one. I don't wanna be all "serious is good, silly kiddy stuff is bad", but the first TMNT movie was the perfect balance of tone and mix of the comics with the cartoons. There's really no other reason for us to not have gotten the overly comical and childish second movie first than a straight up heaven sent miracle.

I still remember how shocked I was to be sitting in a theater at seven years old and hearing a Ninja Turtle curse for the first time. That poo poo blew my young mind. Shame the sequels didn't have anything that made the original movie good.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
TMNT 2 would be so much better if they would have actually had the reveal about the Professor being an Utrom but "kids would be confused" so welp.

Also pay attention when they're in the TGRI building lab set, there's a giant loving golden space rock sitting on the top of the center machine or whatever for some reason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

All you guys saying TMNT2 is good confirms that I'm an old fart.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
No, I agree, it really isn't.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

No see, you're actually TOO young to have nostalgia for it from seeing it as a tiny kid.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
But I did watch them as a kid! One of my earliest memories is renting them. For some reason I had very strange misconceptions about the third movie based just on the cover.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Misconceptions such as "I bet this is watchable"

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I've only ever seen the first one, I was under the impression that people thought the second was merely ok, but looks like a masterpiece in comparison to the third.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! Go!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Much like Batman 89 and Returns, both of them are great movies but for very different reasons.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

catlord posted:

I've only ever seen the first one, I was under the impression that people thought the second was merely ok, but looks like a masterpiece in comparison to the third.

If you're handed two VHSs, one that says "this one based on the comics" and the other "this one based on the cartoon", and choose which to watch based on that, then you'll be satisfied.

Satisfaction is a physical impossibility in the mere presence of the third movie.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Based on the later episodes of the cartoons where the turtles stopped using weapons and just threw pies at bad guys.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

I read the first issue of Fight Club 2 and if the rest is as bad as the first, I'm sure it'll never get adapted whoever keeps on making awful Mark Millar books into movies is already all over it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Based on the later episodes of the cartoons where the turtles stopped using weapons and just threw pies at bad guys.

By later you mean starting with episode 6.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kinda like how Wolverine would pop his claws, chop down a tree, then throw the tree at enemies. Just like in the comics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

WickedHate posted:

If you're handed two VHSs, one that says "this one based on the comics" and the other "this one based on the cartoon", and choose which to watch based on that, then you'll be satisfied.

Satisfaction is a physical impossibility in the mere presence of the third movie.

I choose...both

There is no third movie and you can't convince me otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The insane thing is that the first season of the show specifically introduced robot ninjas for them to fight, but people (mostly the British) still felt that was too violent, so pies and bursting a pipe to make the water knock over the enemies it was. And then starting halfway through season 3, Mikey wasn't allowed to use his nunchucks anymore because the UK considers that weapon particularly offensive, so he had to use a stupid grappling hook for the rest of the series. Even when season 8 turned the show dark and edgy in response to Batman The Animated Series,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A045MhxiVMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9Q1QG3VWo

they still very rarely used their weapons, and Mikey still had his stupid grappling hook.

Children's entertainment used to be a hellish wasteland of boring.

• Locked thread