Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I just realized...

Does anybody know who voices the mbmbam intro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

I just realized...

Does anybody know who voices the mbmbam intro?

I'm pretty sure it's Jesse Thorn?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Nah, it's Bob Ball

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hit and miss? What? Please to tell what the heck was a miss

There were a few that were just a little samey, like the one where they kept throwing people off cliffs or a couple of the Dark Souls episodes where it's just fairly straightforward gameplay after they make a wacky character (the pizza/Louie Anderson textures mod one was golden though). The fact that I watched them all in a pretty short period of time may have been part of what made it feel like that though.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Nah, it's Bob Ball

And here he is with Justin wishing some guy a happy birthday :3:

https://vimeo.com/26737287

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
So apparently Bunker Buddies has a new format, did anyone check it out and is it better than it was before?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Piell posted:

So apparently Bunker Buddies has a new format, did anyone check it out and is it better than it was before?

I checked out the latest episode and far as I can tell, the difference is they bullshit about survivalist-adjacent products and services for a good long while before getting to the topic

so, god no

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I've been really enjoying the Polygon stuff lately, I appreciate that they've apparently decided to double down on weird entertainment videos.

Car Boys is strangely relaxing to watch, the Nuzlocke is the Griffin Let's Play I never knew I needed, and while it's not a McElroy venture per se, I've quite enjoyed the first two episodes of Simone de Rochefort's SEO Play.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Roach Warehouse posted:

I've been really enjoying the Polygon stuff lately, I appreciate that they've apparently decided to double down on weird entertainment videos.

Car Boys is strangely relaxing to watch, the Nuzlocke is the Griffin Let's Play I never knew I needed, and while it's not a McElroy venture per se, I've quite enjoyed the first two episodes of Simone de Rochefort's SEO Play.

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing.

I had a sad moment this morning when I realized it's still another week for a new adventure zone.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I would give up every other McElroy podcast if Adventure Zone could be weekly.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Team_q posted:

I would give up every other McElroy podcast if Adventure Zone could be weekly.

you'll pry my rose buddies from my cold, dead hands, bub

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

Is that worth checking out if you don't watch the bachelor/any reality television?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

rose buddies is really really good even if you don't watch the bachelor, i'd say rachel is probably the funniest mcelroy wife (sorry sydnee)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

poor life choice posted:

Is that worth checking out if you don't watch the bachelor/any reality television?

yes, I haven't watched and I'm currently on the second season they've covered and it's great

the Are You the One 3-episode series is probably the best place to start though, I have never been so god damned angry at a bunch of people on a tv show before

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Seconding Rose Buddies. I was skeptical before listening too because I don't watch the show(still don't) but the podcast has quickly become one of my faves. Always looking forward to my weekly dose of ratbags and pisskids

AngelesXO fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So you can just listen to the podcast without any context and enjoy it? How the heck does that work, do they do a decent rundown if what happened each ep?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

So you can just listen to the podcast without any context and enjoy it? How the heck does that work, do they do a decent rundown if what happened each ep?
Yes, that is exactly it, with Rachel and Griffin's hilarious commentary. It's also the loving Bachelor franchise so it's not like there's that much to cover.

I tried watching along, but I couldn't stomach actually watching the show all the way through, so I stopped after like 2 episodes. The podcast is still very funny.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Yeah. I feel like I get a decent approximation of the show(s) without having to sit through them. I don't have a group of people to watch with, which is apparently the preferred method of watching.

Plus more Griffin is always better.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Rose Buddies follows a format similar to most bad movie podcasts, where they cover the material thoroughly enough that you don't need to have watched it necessarily to get what they're talking about. My favorite episode thus far, and a good starting point for new listeners, has to be the one-off for Please Marry My Boy.

Just... please... someone... someone just... marry this boy... *weeps*

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Rose Buddies is the best. But also BiP is some genuinely entertaining garbo tv.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I tried watching Bachelor in Paradise. It was pretty dumb but the intro at least seemed self aware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyfSGAprRBw

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
BiP definitely knows what its doing and how its doing it. It's some goofy poo poo.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I think we can all agree, though: gently caress Rod.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Island Boy and Co. are some of my favorite MBMBAM characters.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
I've just recently started working my way through the McElroy oeuvre and the extended discussion on Slimer in 263 made me weep with laughter

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I was walking around Sheetz today and randomly thought of "Chobani Hell" and it cracked me up. Well, that's my MBMBAM story for the day

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Island Boy and Co. are some of my favorite MBMBAM characters.

I love when Island Boy comes around to give me some of that good news.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I love when Island Boy comes around to give me some of that good news.

Yeah but if you let him stay too long then he starts spreading his seed all over the place.

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.
Man the latest nuzlocke episode was so intense. Griffin editing in stop, hammertime was a stroke of genius.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Ariong posted:

Yeah but if you let him stay too long then he starts spreading his seed all over the place.

God forbid you let Mr. Sun into your life. That dude is a straight up creeper.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Lin-Manuel Miranda's and Travis's cheer-off on twitter just resulted in The Time Belt getting linked. This is amazing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Raul Julia and Jean Claude Van Dang

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRcjAVjO-4

Newest Car Boys is out, featuring a special appearance of Busto from popular British Car Show and snacks

bibliophile
Feb 9, 2008

Oh my god Griffin and Nick talk about smash mouth eat the eggs on this week's Cool Games

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Was Nick a goon at some point? I fee like he's mentioned these forums a few times

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah

ChumpsForChange fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 20, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey guys, guess what time it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuLTo8yEZhE

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Pretty sure Nick is still at least somewhat active somewhere around here.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

it tastes like medicine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I just watched the new Car Boys and the most recent Monster Factory (the Spore one) and it made me laugh so hard that I can't stop coughing now.