Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Wow, the preview of next week's episode uploaded by TV Tokyo has gotten quite a few dislikes, I wonder if that's the Japanese fanbase reacting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah that sure was a fire type and a water type clashing with their super moves and then the water type going down.

Never change, Pokemon anime. Never change.

Charizard X is Fire Dragon, it has no weakness to water. Though rain dance was active which would weaken it's moves and strengthen Greninja's.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Oh well, there's always the Alola Lea... oh wait.

I'm going to guess that he'll take on Zygarde attacking Lumiose, solve the crisis and then end up with that Medal of Honor that you get at the end of X and Y, which can be the equivalent of winning the Kalos League or something.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Crosspeice posted:

Result of the Kalos finals: Ash loses.

And thus the cycle continues.

Kill Ash off and replace him with a new lead

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Alola doesn't have gyms, but I don't know why people are assuming it doesn't have a league. It probably does, after passing the trials.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i thought it was revealed either officially or through one of the good leaks that you're putting together a league

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Kill Ash off and replace him with a new lead

Literally nothing changes beyond the face you experience it with.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

oddium posted:

i thought it was revealed either officially or through one of the good leaks that you're putting together a league

Probably, but why would Ash be in charge of putting together a league in the Sun and Moon anime? It's probably because he's been given that honor, which he would get by saving Lumiose from Zygarde and Team Flare.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he visited like 6 regions now. he's basically the gym researcher.

I'm glad Ash didn't win because he needs to win with pikachu, not ash-greninja!!!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So he failed again? Well, we all expected it. So, we've got two more months to dump everyone and have him ship off to Alola.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendodeutschland

Morimoto has come onto the stream but they're just playing pokken right now. At some point he's going to reveal something

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think it was 5 PM in CEST? Which is 11 AM EST

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Raserys posted:

I think it was 5 PM in CEST? Which is 11 AM EST

That's two whole hours of loving around

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendodeutschland

Morimoto has come onto the stream but they're just playing pokken right now. At some point he's going to reveal something

Scizor or Empoleon for Pokken confirmed?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Pikachu used Insert Ovipositor.

It's super effective!

Enemy Rotom has fainted.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wow I'm looking on other places and people are losing their poo poo over Ash losing, they really hate him now. I don't know why, every loss of the last few seasons hasn't particularly been because of anything he's done wrong. He just goes up against unbeatable foes. Prior saying really dumb stuff like "if he used Charizard or Pidgeot he would have won". Like, Charizard would not be better than anyone on his team, the last thing he needs is a fourth flying type, and would be smoked by most of Alan's team. And Pidgeot was a just evolved Pokemon with no training, probably nowhere near as powerful as Talonflame or most of his reserve birds.

It's just last time they put him against someone who farmed a bunch of legendaries, this time they put him against someone who hunts mega evolved primal reversion legendaries.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Please, consider not being mad at an anime for small children.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a better way to get evolution stones than the super training in xy? I'm not having fun killing these balloons.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I am so glad he lost because of all these pure gold reactions to a children's cartoon

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

Please, consider not being mad at an anime for small children.

I'm mad at people for getting mad

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Now that Ash lost he can put Greninja in a box for his failure and we can just pretend like the whole Ash/Greninja fusion thing never happened.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ash can't win, he'll be stuck as the region champion and can't leave.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's not how being the Champion works in the anime. Not even Tobias got that far.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FishBulb posted:

Now that Ash lost he can put Greninja in a box for his failure and we can just pretend like the whole Ash/Greninja fusion thing never happened.

Boxing the frog and its special fusion burning spirit power would be the best outcome of all this, agreed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Frog sacrifices it's life to stop Zygarde 2. Ash catches it as a Cubone and it evolves into alolan marowak.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

"This is ridiculous. For once, after 20 loving years of the show running, we hoped for Ash, our childhood hero, to win, but nope. He literally had everything aligned. He worked hard everyday, he battled whenever he could, he had an amazing team, he got a new transformation never seem before and one that is not even canon, and he remembered poo poo from previous gym battles and seasons (did you see that spin dodge greninja did to the flamethrower).
I honestly don't get it.
Now that I enter a new chapter in my own life, I don't see myself following this show anymore. 15 years of following ~Nintendo~TPC's bullshit is enough for me.
I am out. Peace."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Will they box Greninja? I thought he was the most popular pokemon ever and the burning spirit fusion thing seems like a pretty big deal to just ignore

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Y'know, the trainers in the manga don't lose to dumbass poo poo and also are way cooler so maybe read that instead, is the lesson we've learned here.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Y'know, the trainers in the manga don't lose to dumbass poo poo and also are way cooler so maybe read that instead, is the lesson we've learned here.

Pokemon Special is alright, but has problems of its own. A fair few of them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Will they box Greninja? I thought he was the most popular pokemon ever and the burning spirit fusion thing seems like a pretty big deal to just ignore

They've boxed literally every other pokemon including previous super popular pokes like Charizard so :shrug:

They're also going to want to show off gen VII pokes, not lock down two slots on the protagonist's team.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I actually like the anime and I cannot believe anyone thought for five seconds Ash was going to win.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They should box Pikachu too. Or he should retire from battling and just be a companion :colbert:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He could win if he had a Raichu.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Would it not be kosher if pikachu had his own pokemon

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dang it i wanted him to win and i'm not even watching the show

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So let me get this straight, as I don't watch the Pokemon anime: Ash's Charizard is a huge piece of poo poo to him for literally the entire show and ruins his advancement at every turn and never actually gets any better but Ash keeps trying to use him? Like bro I know it worked once with Pikachu but that was a fluke. Fuckin dump that piece of poo poo lizard into a PC and be done with it

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Macaluso posted:

So let me get this straight, as I don't watch the Pokemon anime: Ash's Charizard is a huge piece of poo poo to him for literally the entire show and ruins his advancement at every turn and never actually gets any better but Ash keeps trying to use him? Like bro I know it worked once with Pikachu but that was a fluke. Fuckin dump that piece of poo poo lizard into a PC and be done with it

please don't be rude to ash's charizard, he's cool and my friend irl

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FishBulb posted:

They should box Pikachu too. Or he should retire from battling and just be a companion :colbert:

No he should finally evolve

Into Alola Raichu

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Macaluso posted:

The hell are you talking about? Ash's Charizard has been obedient since the Orange Island episodes and has been ridiculously strong ever since. It's even beaten legendary Pokémon. It hasn't been part of his main team in like...over 10 years, for that matter.

Ash lost to another trainer who uses a Charizard that can Mega Evolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
this is all mega charizard's fault.

• Locked thread