Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My name is Hogan
I'm patsying for Thiel
Gawker might've owned us
But we just made a deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:yikes:

What's the racial equivalent of sewing a Canadian flag to your backpack?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
BIG IDEAS FOR SEPTEMBER -

*Bannon taps his teeth with pencil eraser*

#1 - Maximum Hitler Overdrive

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

things are looking up for TRUMP!

you know, cause hes so far down in the polls

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
National GE poll - Pew Research
8/9 - 8/16 - ??? RV
last poll conudcted 6/15 - 6/26

Clinton 41 (-4)
Trump 37 (+1)

Among white voters: Trump 45, Clinton 33
Among black voters: Clinton 85, Trump 2
Among Hispanic voters: Clinton 50, Trump 26
Among men: Trump 45, Clinton 33
Among women: Clinton 49, Trump 30

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 18, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

paranoid randroid posted:

mods, please

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The funniest thing about the "Says who" video is it reminds me that there was a green town hall that night nobody remembers or cares about

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I guess its true for all politics but the far right is so incredibly grifty, just look at all the poo poo that talk radio heads are hawking, so the DJT campain being a super elaborate scheme to make money in the end makes sense

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Serf posted:

Holy poo poo. If Trump is tied in Georgia he is getting wrecked.

Anecdotal: recently there has been less Trump talk from people I know around here. I dunno if support is waning, but enthusiasm sure is.

I thought Clinton was ahead in Georgia recently.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

National GE poll - Pew Research
8/9 - 8/16 - ??? RV
last poll conudcted 6/15 - 6/26

Clinton 41 (-4)
Trump 37 (+1)

Among white voters: Trump 45, Clinton 33
Among black voters: Clinton 85, Trump 2
Among Hispanic voters: Clinton 50, Trump 26
Among men: Trump 45, Clinton 33
Among women: Clinton 49, Trump 30

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/766335324406607872

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fart blood posted:

She has jumped ahead a couple of times, but within MOE generally. Georgia will probably be very close.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The Pew poll reinforces the idea that Trump only wins if turnout is spectacularly low.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Isn't the source of the "El Gee Bee Tee ....... Quuuuuuuueeee" thing a TelePrompTer script that said LGBT and Trump ad-libbed the Q?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
It's odd that Clinton is doing so much better in state polls than in the national polls. Could it be her unopposed ad spending in swing states is having an effect there?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

someone pls post trump-through-floor-comes-out-at-top.jpg

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mirthless posted:

9/12/2009 would be the date I would pin the death of the republican party on, actually

Palin, et al, were early symptoms of the disease but the party could have still been saved and the extreme elements within the party likely would have never metastasized if McCain had won. People went so goddamn insane during Obama's first year and the GOP decided to build their entire Obama opposition strategy around exploiting how crazy people went. The 9/12 Rally was when the party formally handed that element the keys and told them to go nuts.

I sometimes think about what things would have been like if we had avoided the unending Health care imbruglio in the summer of 09, unified behind TARP and real financial reform, and managed to squeeze an uncompromised stimulus plan before the fall.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HappyHippo posted:

It's odd that Clinton is doing so much better in state polls than in the national polls. Could it be her unopposed ad spending in swing states is having an effect there?

I think that there are more Trump fans in swing states, so they're more likely to come in contact with normal humans, which repulses the normals and makes them want to vote against Trump.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Bounce is gaining on bump.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

HappyHippo posted:

Man if somehow Trump manages to barely win the popular vote but lost the electoral college by like 200 EVs...

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I'm heading to New York City on a bus and am very tempted to go see this.

:nws: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57b5d9d0e4b034dc73260c94 :nws:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gret posted:

Man if somehow Trump manages to barely win the popular vote but lost the electoral college by like 200 EVs...

:jackbud:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

paranoid randroid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmo0M2_OWsU

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Shageletic posted:

I sometimes think about what things would have been like if we had avoided the unending Health care imbruglio in the summer of 09, unified behind TARP and real financial reform, and managed to squeeze an uncompromised stimulus plan before the fall.

"Obama had a supermajority for 2 years and did nothing!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

Bounce is gaining on bump.

You son of a bitch....

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I ran some numbers (I didn't) and if black people still only got 3/5 a vote Clinton is still up +3

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Amish posted:

It's at union square, I'd be really surprised if you went to NYC and failed to go by it at least once

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Deteriorata posted:

Bill Clinton, being the good hubby in the kitchen baking cookies:

Cooked Up After A Hillary Clinton Gaffe, The First Spouse Cookie Battle Is Back

Clinton entry should have been "Bubba's :420: Brownies"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump QUOTE OF THE DAY!

quote:

“What basis do you have for that statement?” Ceresney asked in one case, about an assertion from Trump that O’Brien had been reported to the police for stalking.

“I guess that was probably taken off the Internet,” Trump said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-lies/

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

You son of a bitch....

I only report the facts. (Also wild guesses.) See you on the 22nd.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Amish posted:

Union square and vicinity is a nice place to be in any case

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/eckholm/status/766336481959043072

*door opens*. Heyyyy guys, got some hot blood here if anyone's thirsty? No?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jesus. A good GOTV effort will win Georgia for Hillary.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/eckholm/status/766336481959043072

*door opens*. Heyyyy guys, got some hot blood here if anyone's thirsty? No?

yeah but where does Trump stand on genetically modified fishmen babies

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Amish posted:

I don't find this particularly funny, but any troll that has such an accurate laser focus in goading their target is talented in my book. I bet Trump's team is scrambling to make sure he doesn't see this

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

HappyHippo posted:

1. State polls tend to lag behind national polls, so it's possible her margins in swing states might also be coming down in the following weeks.
2. It's also possible that she might be running up her margins in those states while losing others (MS, IN) by larger margins than Obama in 2012. We've seen a couple polls this week that tend to suggest that.

Serf
May 5, 2011

fart blood posted:

I mostly attributed that to the post-convention bump. If she is tying him and now mobilizing in Georgia she could eke out a win.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Oiled and Ready posted:

I don't find this particularly funny, but any troll that has such an accurate laser focus in goading their target is talented in my book. I bet Trump's team is scrambling to make sure he doesn't see this

luckily for them he's completely technologically illiterate.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

pseudorandom name posted:

Isn't the source of the "El Gee Bee Tee ....... Quuuuuuuueeee" thing a TelePrompTer script that said LGBT and Trump ad-libbed the Q?

I saw it and don't think so. Do you really think he even knows what the letters mean? For him it's probably just a long, weird word meaning "gay."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Utz posted:

I saw it and don't think so. Do you really think he even knows what the letters mean? For him it's probably just a long, weird word meaning "gay."

He probability didn't know there was a letter Q

• Locked thread