Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mr Chips posted:

does MKULTRA qualify as something fun?

eh i suppose but that was quite a while ago that that one dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
"security fail thread" Patrick Grey

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lol where did he say that?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

We made it to the big leagues boys and girls

http://risky.biz/RB423_notes

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

ahaha lol yeah rufo pointed it out to me on the tweeter, apparently someone sent him my post.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its at about 23:40 or so

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Did somebody say...Chem trails?

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

i mean reading over and over all the top secret details of how America's assfucking literally everyone in the world and blowing them up with drones is nice and all but just once i'd like someone to leak some secret stuff about, i don't know, aliens? JFK secretly being a robot? something fun, even if it's just some wishy-washy noncommittal stuff. i'm starting to think the shadow government doesn't even do any of the cool fun things shadow governments do :(

You'll wanna tweet @mckinnon for that stuff I think

Jewel
May 2, 2009

url posted:

You'll wanna tweet @mckinnon for that stuff I think

Account suspended
This account has been suspended. Learn more about why Twitter suspends accounts, or return to your timeline.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jewel posted:

Account suspended
This account has been suspended. Learn more about why Twitter suspends accounts, or return to your timeline.

Of course it's been suspended :tinfoil:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Details ideas about the Delta outage: http://up2v.nl/2016/08/16/a-reconstruction-of-the-delta-airlines-datacenter-outage/

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 18, 2016

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shouldn't that be "guesses" about the delta outage?

i am legit surprised they didn't keep whatever datacenter northwest had around for redundancy. then again considering the state northwest was in at the time of the merger it was probably already on fire

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

you're right

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

i am legit surprised they didn't keep whatever datacenter northwest had around for redundancy. then again considering the state northwest was in at the time of the merger it was probably already on fire

what i heard is that they had redundancy but it was incomplete and malfunctioned

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/former-nsa-staffers-rogue-insider-shadow-brokers-theory

new motherboard article claiming eqgrp leak was :frogsiren: insider threat :frogsiren:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it would have to be, the alternative would be someone hacking their poo poo, and that's a very bad pr move

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cocoa Crispies posted:

what i heard is that they had redundancy but it was incomplete and malfunctioned

i would think that all bets are off in a fire. the fire suppression system might've shut down the "redundant" part too right?

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/18/microsoft_brings_powershell_to_linux_and_mac_publishes_as_open_source/

PowerShell on Linux and OS X; what could possibly go wrong?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

it's as if bash is not a thing on these operating systems

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

OSI bean dip posted:

hell you can even get bash on windows these days, sort of

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

OSI bean dip posted:

bash is even on win10 now via microsoft

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
powershell is cool and good except for the weird operators
object-oriented scripting is pretty sweet

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Crime on a Dime posted:

"security fail thread" Patrick Grey

cant believe he suggested this thread might not be the most reliable source of infosec news

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Rufus Ping posted:

cant believe he suggested this thread might not be the most reliable source of infosec news

why i never

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

all you have to do is read all the love for consistently insecure password managers like 1password to know that.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

and some people in here honestly advocate against the use of antivirus software

I mean really, guys, that's basic cj stuff, everyone should know that

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wyoak posted:

object-oriented scripting is pretty sweet
Yeah, python is pretty cool.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

power botton posted:

all you have to do is read all the love for consistently insecure password managers like 1password to know that.
*citation needed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

OSI bean dip posted:

we can dream

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

more digging into the dump reveals interesting things:

benigncertain: cisco pix vpn private key + config extract via rce

https://twitter.com/musalbas/status/766285367196655616

someone's finding a bunch of cisco serial numbers left behind: https://twitter.com/harrjd/with_replies

at least one possible target ip: https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/766316861562753024

mostly up to date list of tools/exploits: https://musalbas.com/2016/08/16/equation-group-firewall-operations-catalogue.html

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
NSA: ‘Can Somebody Good At Computers Help Us?’

quote:

FORT MEADE, MD—Explaining that things weren’t working right and he didn’t know why, visibly frustrated National Security Agency director Michael S. Rogers called a press conference Thursday afternoon to ask if somebody good at computers could help out the intelligence organization. “We must have done something wrong and now everything’s all screwed up—is there anybody who knows computers that can fix it for us?” said Rogers, adding that he doesn’t know whether he hit a wrong key at some point or if he got “the virus,” but would just like somebody to make the agency’s computers work like they did before all this. “I’m no good with this type of stuff, and all I want to do is check my emails. Can someone just come by my office and make the problem go away? I don’t think it should take too long.” Following the press event, Rogers reportedly returned to his desk to sit and patiently wait.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

power botton posted:

Please share your expertise on this matter.

Oh wait.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

bobfather posted:

Please share your expertise on this matter.

Oh wait.
drat son you just got punked

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

anthonypants posted:

drat son you just got punked

*clears throat for at least five seconds too long* actually,

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

came here to post this fuckk

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/1zjB6PA.mp4

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

any context to this?

iphones are supposed to stop accepting passwords for incremental amounts of time after a series of wrong attempts

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i saw it as being a single correct attempt to input an extremely long passcode

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

daft punk railroad posted:

i saw it as being a single correct attempt to input an extremely long passcode

Pretty sure it's this.

Though it's probably something spergy like the first 30 characters of Pi.

Checkout my great password, no one will guess it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i think iphones can only have a 6 digit passcode min+max?

• Locked thread