Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ButtWolf posted:

Are you just holyshoot on steam. That acct has some hrs on PoE.

If it's this guy, that's hardly anything. That doesn't count my time in closed beta either.

And there are people in this thread who've got me beat.

Budgie posted:

Yeah good riddance Zeno your presence won't be missed. IDK if anyone put this here yet but he had a wee meltdown in a related game's subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/4xr0ny/fulltime_arpg_streamer_moving_from_poe_over_to/

This has reminded me of two things:

1. gently caress streamers
2. gently caress reddit

vvv I really liked Titan Quest but Grim Dawn did nothing for me. I blame PoE.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I'm so bored I bought grimdawn, too. And it just blows, how can you switch to streaming that? There is literally nothing interesting to show.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
wait whats going on

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Zeno had a meltdown and deleted everything he had on Twitch and I guess deleted his old Reddit account. He's supposedly now gone from PoE forever.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

Zeno had a meltdown and deleted everything he had on Twitch and I guess deleted his old Reddit account. He's supposedly now gone from PoE forever.

Which means he'll be back in a week :v

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
He is not a very nice person and treats most people in a way that he wouldnt want to be treated, so he obviously needs to get away from poe players, who are the real problem.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Well that explains the "State of Exile podcast is dead" video ZiggyD posted up.

Shame was that I was going to listen to that to kill time at work. Lioneye's Watch ended up being a pretty alright one to listen to though.

In something semi-related - I am seriously considering having a Guardian Aurabot come next league because I like the idea of the support playstyle.

Is there such thing as a reasonable non-Shav's Aura Guardian or is support paradoxically going to be something I want to make as a secondary character outright? I've seen a few guides including one built around Coruscating Elixir but it seems like guardian builds that aren't super expensive are rare which is a shame.

Not that it'd kill me to level a Quaker or BV guy then work on a Guardian but I also don't know how long the frenzy for a Guardian lasts into a league. :v:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've reached the end game in Prophecy League, not really sure how to progress now. My gear is complete trash, I don't think i've replaced a piece since before Cruel even started. I went this build, since it allows me to sit back and drop totems from a safe distance while I learn about the game. I can clear a T2 or T3 map with no mods without dying if I am cautious, but my char is pretty much paper right now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BabyRyoga posted:

not really sure how to progress now. My gear is complete trash

answered your own question

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well if you're following the guide to the letter and your gear is trash either upgrade your gear or roll a new character. Not sure what else to tell you.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

I've reached the end game in Prophecy League, not really sure how to progress now. My gear is complete trash, I don't think i've replaced a piece since before Cruel even started. I went this build, since it allows me to sit back and drop totems from a safe distance while I learn about the game. I can clear a T2 or T3 map with no mods without dying if I am cautious, but my char is pretty much paper right now.

For what it's worth, if you aren't averse to trading go to Poe.trade and try to buy yourself some of the gear recommended in that guide. Infernal Mantles actually go for pretty cheap (if there isn't one already in the Gstash), though getting one identical to the guide isn't going to be worth it directly. The shield he uses is also super cheap at this point, and clear mind isn't a very expensive jewel either. Winds of Change aren't even that bad, though a pair identical to that guide run for an exalt which might be out of your reach right now.

Just between those 3 things it would probably boost your survival a fair amount through better armor/better damage.

There's also the obligatory obvious advice of cap your Fire/Ice/Lit resists because that will get you straight murdered by some mobs if they're not.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?
but zeno was a COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ButtWolf posted:

I love you. Ill add you after dinner.

Edit: no users with that name... WHats you IGN on PoE?

Are you just holyshoot on steam. That acct has some hrs on PoE.

yes thats me, guess its not 316 anymore

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Magus42 posted:

Perhaps use a normal browser instead?

im sorry he cant hear you over all his full time employment and all the beautiful girls he gets with

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whypick1 posted:

If it's this guy, that's hardly anything. That doesn't count my time in closed beta either.

And there are people in this thread who've got me beat.

This has reminded me of two things:

1. gently caress streamers
2. gently caress reddit

vvv I really liked Titan Quest but Grim Dawn did nothing for me. I blame PoE.

I switched to steam at perandus league :colbert:

The Broletariat posted:

but zeno was a COMMUNITY DICKHEAD

ftfy. Just google ty 4 scam. Shows what kind of guy he is. Granted I'm no saint either but I'm also not a popular streamer that ran a pod cast promoting poe.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Death Dealer posted:

For what it's worth, if you aren't averse to trading go to Poe.trade and try to buy yourself some of the gear recommended in that guide. Infernal Mantles actually go for pretty cheap (if there isn't one already in the Gstash), though getting one identical to the guide isn't going to be worth it directly. The shield he uses is also super cheap at this point, and clear mind isn't a very expensive jewel either. Winds of Change aren't even that bad, though a pair identical to that guide run for an exalt which might be out of your reach right now.

Just between those 3 things it would probably boost your survival a fair amount through better armor/better damage.

There's also the obligatory obvious advice of cap your Fire/Ice/Lit resists because that will get you straight murdered by some mobs if they're not.

More than anything, I can't find anyone trading the uniques in the guide. I have about 20c/1ex and some stuff worth a bit (sealed jeweler prophecy) from leveling, just watching the trade channel doesn't do very much for me. How do I find the guild? I'll check the OP

Resists are definitely not capped, I think I have like 10% shock, 20 cold,and 60 fire.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Zeno's an arrogant rear end in a top hat who thinks he's better than everyone else and tells his own fans to gently caress off if they criticize him for anything.

The PoE Reddit community is all shitlords who think everything is always terrible 100% of the time and the game is always in a constant state of unsalvageable disrepair.

They totally deserve each other.

E:

BabyRyoga posted:

More than anything, I can't find anyone trading the uniques in the guide. I have about 20c/1ex and some stuff worth a bit (sealed jeweler prophecy) from leveling, just watching the trade channel doesn't do very much for me. How do I find the guild? I'll check the OP

Resists are definitely not capped, I think I have like 10% shock, 20 cold,and 60 fire.

This is why PoE needs a real trade system and the way they have it set up right now is an embarrassment. You have to use poe.trade (a 3rd party website run by a fan that's not affiliated with GGG in any way) to actually search for items to buy.

I'm sure that a ton of new players actually try to find things in trade channels and just get ruined. It's awful.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 19, 2016

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

Using the trade channel in game is like pulling teeth, but there's a site (Poe.trade) that you can look up items for sale with specific specifications and it'll show you everyone selling that item and the price they want for it. Tri-resist belts/boots aren't too terrible to get your hands on as a filler until they're no longer needed because your resists are filled elsewhere.

Basically say you found a 2c Infernal Mantle with the sockets/links you wanted. You'd see that poe.trade says they're online, click the whisper button, then alt-tab/go back to PoE in your other monitor/whatever and hit enter -> Ctrl+P and it'll have a whole message written out along the lines of "Hi, I would like to buy your Infernal Mantle Silk Robe in Stash Tab {Uniques 4 Less} listed for 2c."

Then you trade and everyone's happy! Unless they're AFK at which point you look for a different seller typically.

Edit: Just as an example, with a quick skim I found a leather belt (+life) with extra +life and 16/24/11 resists on it for 1 fusing but there are definitely better ones for similar prices or less if you look.

Death Dealer fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 19, 2016

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ultima66 posted:

Saw that post and decided I might as well as throw currency at my bow (was 330 dps 5L). 10 fusings and 5 divines later:

:vince:

Been over a year since I last played this game... is that a dedicated currency stash tab? Dang. How high do they stack? And is there a list somewhere of major changes over the past something years? Don't think I've played since the new act.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ambaire posted:

Been over a year since I last played this game... is that a dedicated currency stash tab? Dang. How high do they stack? And is there a list somewhere of major changes over the past something years? Don't think I've played since the new act.

They stack to 5000 iirc. They cost like 7.5 bucks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ambaire posted:

What ^^^ said about the currency tab

The last time someone asked "so what changed recently?"

whypick1 posted:

Biggest change: Ascensions/Labyrinth. Further specializations for each class (3 each, for Scion she gets to pick 2 "mini" versions of these from 2 different classes). Need to complete trials (obstacle courses) once poet difficulty per league to unlock the Labyrinth. Beating it unlocks 2 Ascension points. End-game trials are found in maps and each on drops the map you need to run Uber Lab.

Desync: new networking mode Lockstep. Server verifies each action before client performs it, eliminating rubberbanding, but requires a fairly low ping otherwise everything is laggy.

Jewels: passive tree now has sockets. Allocate socket, drop in jewel, get stats. Some unique jewels have a radius, which is either transformative (all Dex in radius becomes Int) or conditional (with 50 Dex in radius Barrage fires extra projectiles at beginning and end).

Divination cards: poo poo you don't have to worry about because good ones will never drop for you.

Goons: most of those dudes still play. Blazer only shows up to renamed the gstash at the start of league though.

vvv Currency tab + premium tab upgrade = :10bux: (almost)

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 19, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you spend any money at all in this game buy a currency tab

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Another problem that I have with my gear is that I don't have enough Dex for the support gems I need. Is it worth it to pick up the +30 dex node on the passive skill tree, or do most people just supplement required stats with neck pieces? It seems like i've filled in almost the entire passive build in that guide, and i'm only at level 71, so I will have points to do whatever I choose with.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ideally you'd get stats from gear because there's stuff on the passive tree you can't get from gear, but there's no shame in picking up those big nodes, especially if they're right there.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i will often take one of the big stat nodes while leveling and then respec out of it later when i can cover stats with gear

if you have extra passive points look for close jewel slots

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Looks like I can just aim to trade for a helmet first with a bigger reduced attribute requirement bonus than the one I have.

Edit: NM, apparently that's just the requirements for the piece itself? lol

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 19, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
So I did a quick race and had to bail 20 mins in so I only got 2 points

call me raffle god

J
Jun 10, 2001

BabyRyoga posted:

Another problem that I have with my gear is that I don't have enough Dex for the support gems I need. Is it worth it to pick up the +30 dex node on the passive skill tree, or do most people just supplement required stats with neck pieces? It seems like i've filled in almost the entire passive build in that guide, and i'm only at level 71, so I will have points to do whatever I choose with.

You'll get a good amount of respec points from quests (I think 18 or so total, been a while since I counted), so if you're already passing by a +30 stat node and you need it, go ahead and take it. Eventually you'll want to get your +stat requirements from your gear, and when you do, you can respec out of the +30 stat node. But I'd rather just spend the skill point while levelling and gearing up, and wait until I can get a good piece of gear with the stats on it later, as opposed to using a lovely +stat item to save a skill point early on.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

BabyRyoga posted:

poe.trade is your friend, use it, love it.

Whenever I get a character around merc and I'm starting to actually gear up for maps instead of mashing through the leveling process, I usually go to poe.trade, look for a few mods on items I need beefing up, and set the buyout to 1c.

You will get some ludicrously good updates for super cheap and should have no trouble capping your resists and getting an extra chunk of life/es. You won't have perfect gear by a long shot but it's still amazingly easy to get solid gear these days.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
New skills postponed.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1712737

Bummer.

Probably won't see summoner improvements either then.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Got almost everything I need to be ballin', cept for a 6 linked RRGBBB Infernal Mantle. There is one that would fit perfectly on poe trade, but at 5ex. Seems a bit high, should I try to gather 5 ex and make that trade, or look for a cheaper one and throw currency at it?
edit: also, need some skill gems. It's kinda stupid how vendors only sell to certain classes. I need Temporal Chains, Arctic Breath, Vaal Haste

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 19, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
i dont think you'll get a 6L for much cheaper than that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

buy vaal haste from poe.trade

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Specific to the flame totem build where flame totem is p. much all of my DPS, what kind of weapon would I be looking towards to increase the DPS of flame totem the most? Right now I have a Sceptre that adds 22% to elements, 18% to spells, and 8% to fire damage. If I replace that with a wand in my stash that has 37% to spell damage, 35% to spell damage, and 25% to fire damage, it seems like it would be much higher dps, but the "DPS" listing under flame totem in my character tab is 2681 scepter and 2467 wand. Is something on the wand not being calculated in, or is there some kind of multiplicative thing going on?

theshim
May 1, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

Specific to the flame totem build where flame totem is p. much all of my DPS, what kind of weapon would I be looking towards to increase the DPS of flame totem the most? Right now I have a Sceptre that adds 22% to elements, 18% to spells, and 8% to fire damage. If I replace that with a wand in my stash that has 37% to spell damage, 35% to spell damage, and 25% to fire damage, it seems like it would be much higher dps, but the "DPS" listing under flame totem in my character tab is 2681 scepter and 2467 wand. Is something on the wand not being calculated in, or is there some kind of multiplicative thing going on?
Each of those are additive multipliers, so it would depend on how much you have on your tree and other gear and skills that would be affecting that.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

BabyRyoga posted:

Any cast speed on the scepter by chance? Flame totem loves cast speed. Also, the 22% to elemental damage would boost any heralds, wrath/anger, or "adds X-X elemental damage to spells" mods you may have so that could explain it. One other possibility, does the scepter have any +str/dex/int on it? You may be short on stats with out it and an item is being unequiped with out them.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Thinking of picking this up again what with the upcoming release, but historically I get worn down at having to click a billion times to kill things and run around when I just want to sit and melt faces. Summoner still the most passive way to play, or should I look at a splitting arrow archer to fan out a billion arrows?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Thinking of picking this up again what with the upcoming release, but historically I get worn down at having to click a billion times to kill things and run around when I just want to sit and melt faces. Summoner still the most passive way to play, or should I look at a splitting arrow archer to fan out a billion arrows?
You could always go Flameblast Elementalist, you almost never need to click more than once! :supaburn:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

theshim posted:

You could always go Flameblast Elementalist, you almost never need to click more than once! :supaburn:

Well, you do need to click a couple of times when you hit the elemental reflect rare and instagib yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Well, you do need to click a couple of times when you hit the elemental reflect rare and instagib yourself.
With Elementalist's -50% reflected damage, that's actually surprisingly uncommon.

• Locked thread