Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Secret recording of Arrow producers' meeting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynSXUfx5vs&t=20s

Dolph Lundgren actually is a scientist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, Dolph Lundgren is in arrow next season.

:flashfap: hopefully as He-Man....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The creator and showrunner of Powerless has left the show over creative differences with WB, because of course.

Production was supposed to start imminently.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'm guessing one of two things happened, or some combination of both.

They wanted to use certain or more well known characters but WB said no. Or they wanted to focus less on known characters and WB wanted to put more in.

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury
http://marvel.com/news/tv/26608/marvels_runaways_headed_to_hulu?linkId=27764381

Runaways just announced for Hulu.

quote:

Marvel Television will be bringing the fan-favorite and ground breaking comic book series, RUNAWAYS, to popular streaming service, Hulu.

Every teenager thinks their parents are evil. What if you found out they actually were? "Marvel's Runaways" is the story of six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other but who must unite against a common foe--their parents.

"We've known the Runaways' story would make great television," said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television, "and being lucky enough to have Josh and Stephanie--who have time and again created shows that speak so genuinely to this exact audience--write and produce the series is nothing short of remarkable."

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/26608/marvels_runaways_headed_to_hulu#ixzz4HcCWID7e

Looks like the 2 show runners primarily worked on Hart of Dixie, The O.C., Gossip Girl, and Chuck.

Sturm fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 17, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sturm posted:

Looks like the 2 show runners primarily worked on Hart of Dixie, The O.C., Gossip Girl, and Chuck.

Oh my god. Yessssss

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Weird that it's on Hulu, but that's cool. I hope it's good. How do Hulu releases work? Like Netflix or like TV?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sturm posted:

Not that I've watched every episode of Hart of Dixie, but I've uh, heard it's a good show. :ninja:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Weird that it's on Hulu, but that's cool. I hope it's good. How do Hulu releases work? Like Netflix or like TV?

I think they do a mix. Some shows they release weekly, some all at once, but I'm not sure.

But yay Runaways!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sturm posted:

Goddamnit, now (or whenever the show comes out) I need Hulu :sweatdrop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh that's right, Hulu is going premium only now too.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

ToastyPotato posted:

This will almost certainly be like TV. Very few of their originals aren't put out on a weekly basis rather in direct opposition to the Netflix/Amazon system of fire hosing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
The OC and Gossip Girl? Keep that teen soap bullshit away from Runaways, thanks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We wouldn't want any teenage drama with a cast of teenagers in an adaption of a book that had teenage drama in it, after all. :psyduck:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Barry Convex posted:

The OC and Gossip Girl? Keep that teen soap bullshit away from Runaways, thanks.

Is this a loving joke?

Did you miss the plotline where the teenage boy had the love of his life die in his arms, so he attempts to commit suicide via an incredibly convoluted series of events so he can revive her?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Come on...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sturm posted:

Well I guess we'll be getting our new Runaways comic after all.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Toxxupation posted:

Is this a loving joke?

Did you miss the plotline where the teenage boy had the love of his life die in his arms, so he attempts to commit suicide via an incredibly convoluted series of events so he can revive her?

:agesilaus:

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Guys, guys - this is awesome: https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/765684462449332224/photo/1

I never knew I needed a Samurai Atom in my life, but here we are.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sturm posted:

Obligatory "I guess Molly Hayes is an Inhuman now" joke.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hope Netflix pick up International distribution rights for Runaways, like they did with the new Star Trek series.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like Hulu has no set partner in Canada, like Amazon seems to with Shomi. So any of them can negotiate for it I guess.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wil Traval (Nuke from Jessica Jones) has joined Arrow as Christopher Chance. Human Target back on TV.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Wil Traval (Nuke from Jessica Jones) has joined Arrow as Christopher Chance. Human Target back on TV.

That was a drat good show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I like this but I hope it doesn't keep him from coming back as Nuke at some point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

redbackground posted:

That was a drat good show.

The first season was, the second was just so bad.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I like this but I hope it doesn't keep him from coming back as Nuke at some point.

He's probably cleared until 2018 since 2017 is going to be the big Defenders year. The only thing that could truly stop him is if his Arrow appearance is a backdoor pilot for a Human Target reboot.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Jessica Jones s2 is probably so far out at this point that he could appear on Arrow for a whole season and it wouldn't affect Nuke at all.

...Not that his Arrow appearance won't just consist of him flailing some weapons for two minutes and then never being heard from again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Doesn't JJ season 2 go into production soon? Like isn't she doing JJ and then right into Defenders?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't JJ season 2 go into production soon? Like isn't she doing JJ and then right into Defenders?

I thought it was just if and defenders next year and then jj s2 in 2018?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Rhyno posted:

Other way around; Defenders and then JJ. JJ won't air until 2018 at earliest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's probably right. Unless Cage is such a huge hit that they fast track season two.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
When is Netflix punisher? Cause I'd wonder how him and nuke would go at it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not scheduled at all yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also rumored to be set in LA I thought?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Isn't Nuke dead?

I mean, comic books so it doesn't matter, but still.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Retro Futurist posted:

Isn't Nuke dead?

I mean, comic books so it doesn't matter, but still.

Well they took his body so he could come back as zombie super nuke I suppose

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

They need to just bump the Marvel schedule to 3 per year. The demand is there so why not? For now at least.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

Well they took his body so he could come back as zombie super nuke I suppose

I figure they'll just expand on that program he was in, there was more than one guy involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ToastyPotato posted:

They need to just bump the Marvel schedule to 3 per year. The demand is there so why not? For now at least.

It's probably a lot easier to say make more of these specific shows when you're not trying to schedule production on 12 different shows or looking at the $500 million price tag for all of it

Plus you have to deal with whatever mandates marvel has