Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

I have red and I just caught a lv 7 Magmar and a lv 7 Mew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it involves a moderately involved glitch that can be set up to force a wild encounter against any pokemon. it's usually called the Mew Glitch because people use it to get mew

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I guess I have some googling to do after work.

EDIT: Oh nice, thanks for the tip. Not big on glitching, but it beats not having the Pokemon!

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Super No Vacancy posted:

can anyone send me some ekanses

Do you want an ekans or multiple sekans?

VV zangloose?

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 18, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
there is no plural of ekans, because there's only a single ekans left in existence after alola zangoose got loose

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

oddium posted:

it involves a moderately involved glitch that can be set up to force a wild encounter against any pokemon. it's usually called the Mew Glitch because people use it to get mew

I do the ditto glitch and can catch any Pokemon I want within 5 minutes

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Super No Vacancy posted:

can anyone send me some ekanses

you don't want sloppy sekans

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I do the ditto glitch and can catch any Pokemon I want within 5 minutes

it's more or less the same glitch yes

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You have to have a Pokemon with a particular special stat though.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It honestly sounds kind of tedious, but I guess it wouldn't be a goal worth achieving if it were easy.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

You have to have a Pokemon with a particular special stat though.

You can have infinite rare candies in RB so this isn't an issue

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Brother Entropy posted:

xy is super generous with the amount of different pokemon available to you(3 seperate pokedexes with 150 pokemon each)

the only real important advice is that the exp share makes it super easy to outlevel and remove any real challenge from the game; if you don't want that happening either have it turned off or do what some people do and use more than six pokemon regularly

I vaguely remember in gold/silver there was an item you could have a pokemon hold that would give it some booster exp. In this literally all the pokemon could get the same exp? Like instead of 1 pokemon getting 600 they all get 600? or do they each get 100 (or more if you had less than 6?). I assume its the first way since I don't see how you'd outlevel the game splitting exp like the latter.

Thanks for that, I'll see how it goes and maybe turn it on/off depending if I find I'm struggling. Thanks :)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Good Dog posted:

I vaguely remember in gold/silver there was an item you could have a pokemon hold that would give it some booster exp. In this literally all the pokemon could get the same exp? Like instead of 1 pokemon getting 600 they all get 600? or do they each get 100 (or more if you had less than 6?). I assume its the first way since I don't see how you'd outlevel the game splitting exp like the latter.

Thanks for that, I'll see how it goes and maybe turn it on/off depending if I find I'm struggling. Thanks :)

instead of a hold item it's now just a toggle thing; iirc it gives 50% the normal exp you'd get to every pokemon in your party which effectively means it triples the amount of exp you get from a pokemon if you have 6 on-hand

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I can't believe the Pokemon anime had a character commit suicide on screen.

greatn posted:

I want a Pikachu with Fly, Dig, Surf, and Ice Beam

Someone wonder traded me a Pikachu with fly. I don't really do anything with it, but I still kind of like knowing that I have it.

That is my flying Pikachu story.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I can't believe the Pokemon anime had a character commit suicide on screen.

The proud tradition of killing off Ash's Pokemon. First was Butterfree and now most recently Goodra.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So does this confirm mega charizard X is the strongest Pokemon ever

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Calaveron posted:

So does this confirm mega charizard X is the strongest Pokemon ever

It does prove that it's popularity eclipses the amphibian challenger to the throne, yes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Geostomp posted:

It does prove that it's popularity eclipses the amphibian challenger to the throne, yes.

greninja won the 720 popularity poll tho

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oddium posted:

what do you call it now

dead

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Who's going to want an Ash Greninja now? no fuckin jobbers on this team, no sir

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh man speaking of disastrous movelists I used to have a Hitmonchan in blue with Metronome, Mega Punch, Mega Kick and Strength and I took that fucker all the way to the Elite 4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

less laughter posted:

I do too, it has a lot of pep and personality.

The inspiration for its design is also cool:

Turtonator is great and every turtle and turtle Pokemon is perfect.

Turtle is a really strange word.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Are people being wrong and dumb about my new friend Turtonater already

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is a turtle team possible??

water turtle, volcano turtle, ancient water turtle, dragon turtle (heck yeah), two are missing!!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

water turtle, volcano turtle, ancient water turtle, dragon turtle (heck yeah), two are missing!!
torterra! Only need one more!

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Shuckle is close enough.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kurtofan posted:

The real question is which one alligbs to which ninja turtle

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, add some tortoises I think.

although Golem is a tad turtley too

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

instead of a hold item it's now just a toggle thing; iirc it gives 50% the normal exp you'd get to every pokemon in your party which effectively means it triples the amount of exp you get from a pokemon if you have 6 on-hand

also any pokemon that actually participate in the battle get 100% exp instead of it getting split

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Oh man speaking of disastrous movelists I used to have a Hitmonchan in blue with Metronome, Mega Punch, Mega Kick and Strength and I took that fucker all the way to the Elite 4

who the hell teaches hitmonchan a kicking move!!!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

am i allowed to teach hitmontop kicking moves

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

sharrrk posted:

am i allowed to teach hitmontop kicking moves

hitmontop can kick and punch, objectively the best hitmon

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I think Turtonator is pretty neat. Complaining that it's ugly is kind of moot since the animal its based on isn't exactly pretty either.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Alola Hitmonchan will come ready-equipped with a ladder to beat his opponents with.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

"wut"

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm kind of surprised that Turtonator hasn't displayed the Mata Mata's most famous ability. It hunts by instantly vacuuming up the hapless prey that manages to get too close to it. Maybe it learns the Stockpile/Spit Up/Swallow combination as level up moves.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cerony posted:

The proud tradition of killing off Ash's Pokemon. First was Butterfree and now most recently Goodra.

What Pokemon is that beheading Goodra?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Looks like a Bisharp

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly Goodra deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU