Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if i enjoy this on console, is it worth picking up on pc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if i enjoy this on console, is it worth picking up on pc?
I'm going to say yes: we have a guild that is active, you can still use a controller on PC if you are more comfortable with that than mouse&keyboard and there are plenty of addons you can use to improve the UI (especially everything related to crafting) that you don't have access to on consoles.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I fired this up again tonight. I have a lvl 22 orc or something. No idea what im doing, no idea what i was doing. So nothing unusual. Ended up just roaming the lands killing stuff

But i did remember why i dropped it. inventory space.... holy gently caress this is limited. I like to craft, but this is pretty crappy.

Is it all just one big server now?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

No.Mercy posted:

Hope to join you guys in PvP soon.. For post-50 progression do people recommend just saving up your enlightened or do you just keep questing without it?

I would honestly keep going until you get your main to cp160. Going through Caldwell's silver and gold is a great way to score skill points and get exp. When you get to 160 you're eligible to start finding end game gear. You might consider rolling an alt now and starting to train their mount. You can level the alt and let enlightenment build up on your main.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

No.Mercy posted:

Hope to join you guys in PvP soon.. For post-50 progression do people recommend just saving up your enlightened or do you just keep questing without it?

I do both. One thing you can do is start an alt. Enlightenment will build up while you are leveling it to 50.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Meskhenet posted:

I fired this up again tonight. I have a lvl 22 orc or something. No idea what im doing, no idea what i was doing. So nothing unusual. Ended up just roaming the lands killing stuff

But i did remember why i dropped it. inventory space.... holy gently caress this is limited. I like to craft, but this is pretty crappy.

Is it all just one big server now?

It's always been a megaserver, though there's an NA one and an EU one. As for inventory space, yeah, it loving blows. When I was first playing through this game I spent most of my gold expanding my bank and bag space. However, subbing now gives you access to the craft bag, which auto stores all of your crafting mats (and it's bottomless).

And now I have all of this empty bank space. :argh:

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
PS4 finally got patched. Finally a fix for the bug where your opening attack doesn't do anything if your weapon was put up.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Anyone else having a bug where you get stuck if a guard catches you when you have a bounty? My camera gets locked as if I'm in dialogue, but I can't move or talk or do anything, then the guard murders me and when I respawn I'm still stuck and have to relog.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I've seen a couple of build setups to let a Magicka Nightblade tank with some modicum of efficiency. Is any of that practical for a Stamina Nightblade too? I'm not looking to focus on it, but it'd be handy to be able to off-tank for dungeon stuff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Beefeater posted:

It's always been a megaserver, though there's an NA one and an EU one. As for inventory space, yeah, it loving blows. When I was first playing through this game I spent most of my gold expanding my bank and bag space. However, subbing now gives you access to the craft bag, which auto stores all of your crafting mats (and it's bottomless).

And now I have all of this empty bank space. :argh:

yeah i was reading about that. Not really worth it.
I was pretty bored wandering around but im sure thats because sitting at 80/90 inventory space means i cant do poo poo and go explore. I ended up tossing stuff just to complete quests. And then afked till i got kicked.

I did a few of those demora things. Other players my level are 1 hitting the mobs before i can even get a swing in. woohoo.

Is there any housing?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Meskhenet posted:

yeah i was reading about that. Not really worth it.
I was pretty bored wandering around but im sure thats because sitting at 80/90 inventory space means i cant do poo poo and go explore. I ended up tossing stuff just to complete quests. And then afked till i got kicked.

I did a few of those demora things. Other players my level are 1 hitting the mobs before i can even get a swing in. woohoo.

Is there any housing?

Housing is speculated to be coming at either the end of the year or early 2017, the "lots" are already in the game and you can walk up to them in various cities but you can't purchase anything yet.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Housing is coming in early 2017

Also, we just did goon runs of both Hel Ra and Aetherian Archive (a goon first!).

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Wait, if housing is coming in 2017, what are they putting out this year after One Tamriel? I figure Vvardenfell will be a bombshell E3 announcement. They're going to be doing ESO stuff at Gamescom right?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

how casual is the goon guild.
I tried to kill some ogre with white bears, get him down to 2 maybe 3 hits and a bear spawns from nowhere and always manages to kill me before i get those last hits in :/

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Roadie posted:

I've seen a couple of build setups to let a Magicka Nightblade tank with some modicum of efficiency. Is any of that practical for a Stamina Nightblade too? I'm not looking to focus on it, but it'd be handy to be able to off-tank for dungeon stuff.

The way you usually do magicka nightblade tanking is by taking a dps build and increasing the toughness to your satisfaction. Sap essence, funnel health, and harness magicka are a great foundation for staying alive, but they scale with spell power and max magicka and work best with light armor and magicka cost reduction. That stands at odds with blocking, which costs stamina and works best with heavy armor (including shadow barrier) and stamina/blocking cost reduction. Balancing these priorities is difficult, so you pick gear (e.g. heavy versions of magicka dps gear, or light armor master), glyphs, and champ points to find what works for you.

For stamina nightblade, the quasi-dps option isn't as good, because you don't have as strong of a foundation for self-healing. Your choices are: rally, blood craze, resolving vigor, and bone shield. You can make these work (definitely get resolving vigor from PvP, it's a must for all stamina nightblades), but they use a lot of precious blocking stamina for what they do. This is where other classes have an advantage: DKs for example have a variety of magicka-based skills that scale off health, which takes pressure off of your stamina.

So you're probably stuck doing footman/hist bark-style tanking with stamina nightblade. That's the serious business tanking option (for all classes), and probably not the occasional off-tanking you were looking for. But it will work.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 17, 2016

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Since Shroud Of The avatar is a steaming pile of poo poo ive picked this up.

Invite for @pgt242

thanks!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

iminers posted:

Invite for @pgt242

thanks!

BurgerQuest posted:

Picking this back up, can I get an invite? @phosphoro

I also have crowns but no idea what to buy? What's essential/really useful especially as a noob? I've started a NB/Kajit

Casyl posted:

New player here. No idea what I'm doing, but I want to play with goons. Can I get an invite for @Casyl?

Invites sent out to all three of you. If I missed anyone else please quote me and let me know.

E: I was listening to some Castlevania music last night after trials and after talking about mag/stam DKs with Goggles, it's tempting the hell out of me to go make a stamina-based whip spammer work so I can go all Simon Belmont on people in PvP but :effort:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 17, 2016

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

iminers posted:

My brother in SotA disappointment.

... :(

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Both morphs of lash are mag, though. Still sounds good.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aramek posted:

Both morphs of lash are mag, though. Still sounds good.

Pelinal's Aptitude

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Roadie posted:

My brother in SotA disappointment.

... :(

I really tried to like that game. Reall Really hard. but the combat is the worst ive ever seen in a mmo and it runs like garbage on my high end pc.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Invites sent out to all three of you. If I missed anyone else please quote me and let me know.

E: I was listening to some Castlevania music last night after trials and after talking about mag/stam DKs with Goggles, it's tempting the hell out of me to go make a stamina-based whip spammer work so I can go all Simon Belmont on people in PvP but :effort:
gently caress this sounds really awesome. You are tempting me Scy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I did some minor theorycrafting and the closest I can even get to a Simon Belmont gimmick is just running a MagDK in PvP with Dawnbreaker of Smiting, tbh. I'll have to get myself some Silks of the Sun gear now :downs:

So like basically every other MagDK running.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Go as Richter Belmont instead. He's way more handsome, and his blue duds would be a good dye job.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

If games let you dye your armor, it should always be the brightest pink you can find.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MF_James posted:

If games let you dye your armor, it should always be the brightest pink you can find.

Sorry can't hear you over the sound of my Transliminal Violet/Regicide Red combo.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
So I made an account recently and really love this game. I rolled a DC Imperial though, am I still able to join the EP side for PVP? Does it even matter? My account name is @SiDeath by the way.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

So I made an account recently and really love this game. I rolled a DC Imperial though, am I still able to join the EP side for PVP? Does it even matter? My account name is @SiDeath by the way.

PvP and general overland questing are NOT cross-faction capable.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

MF_James posted:

Blademaster's Mauve is just metallic and purple enough for me.

Orv
May 4, 2011
gently caress. Now I have to redownload this goddamn game on their loving awful shitass fuckdick servers, gently caress.

gently caress.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

gently caress. Now I have to redownload this goddamn game on their loving awful shitass fuckdick servers, gently caress.

gently caress.

Wait what?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Last time I installed this game it took something like nine hours to download.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Their servers are faster than Origin for me (which is already incredibly fast compared to Steam, 37mb/s vs 19mb/s and Steam's 16mb/s)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Orv posted:

No, Scy is asking why you have to redownload this god damned game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Aramek posted:

No, Scy is asking why you have to redownload this god damned game.

It's on the internal HDD of my old computer instead of my shiny new SSD.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

It's on the internal HDD of my old computer instead of my shiny new SSD.
Take out the hard drive, put into new computer. Or use a transfer cable. Or a flash drive. Or a fuckton of DVD-Rs.

Orv
May 4, 2011
All of those things are more effort than just turning on the download and bitching about it from time to time. Also it actually downloaded at my actual cap this time, so :shrug:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Aramek posted:

That's loving brilliant.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Aramek posted:

But where's the guitar shaped like your personal rune?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Roadie posted:

But where's the guitar shaped like your personal rune?

You say you want a leader, but you can't make up your mind, I think you better close it, and let me guide you to the Templar rain.

• Locked thread