Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

It's not that video games aren't conforming to their tastes, it's that the world isn't *always* centered around white men nowadays. Every lovely opinion you can find is usually based on that.
Well yea. I figured that was kind of implied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Now he's saying "we will reject hatred, bigotry, and oppression in all its forms." Really? Because that's like the entire GOP thing, especially for his biggest fans

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Will Trump lose support among his base for apologizing?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

He didn't really apologize for anything specific, so no.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/766428242496684032

Trump's minority outreach: "Whaddya got ta lose?"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Webguy posted:

Ask Sanders how much African Americans think they have to lose by trying something new.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's the kind of 'Humble Non-Apology' that they just love. Only thing that would have been better to them would be him saying he won't apologize for the failings of others.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Internet Webguy posted:

Oh! Oh! I know! Rights! :haw:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The problem with "How much worse can it get?" is that it only works on people who don't actually know how much worse it can get.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ciaphas posted:

I lost track, how many times have we hit the Days Since Trump Inserted Feet In Mouth reset button today

Only once. While a display that showed the hours since the last fuckup would be more precise, accounting felt it would be more expensive in time and money due to the hourly (or half-hourly on days like today) editing compared to daily and having to buy more than a single card-holder and three cards (0, 1, and for extreme circumstances, 2).

Depending on how early in the daily news cycle Trump shoots his mouth off, the daily counter has the potential to save even more time and effort because sometimes it can be set to 0 and then ignored for 2-3 days at a time.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Trump expressing regret is the latest in a long series of things I never thought would happen during this election.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

axe_vendetta posted:

Clinton's team is getting started on debate prep already and they're having a difficult job casting Trump's stand-in. My tip is Jared Leto, such a dedicated method actor that he turned himself into a monumental rear end in a top hat for his latest role. Or could they just do it on the cheap and trawl run-down psychiatric hospitals for grossly undermedicated paranoid schizophrenics. What say you goons?

It's 1980's Andrew Dice Clay. Why are we even talking about this?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Internet Webguy posted:

Wait, I'm sorry, "decades of democratic leadership"?
Was Obama president for more than 8 years? Did I fall into a coma at some point?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DemeaninDemon posted:

Trump expressing regret is the latest in a long series of things I never thought would happen during this election.

Meh, he expressed regret then stated he always told the truth.

He also renewed his attacks on the Khans yesterday.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

I just want to say that this election's dildo is going to have an appropriately flared base.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Taerkar posted:

It's the kind of 'Humble Non-Apology' that they just love. Only thing that would have been better to them would be him saying he won't apologize for the failings of others.

It's a classic tactic that appeals to the gullible by sounding sincere, but not actually acknowledging fault or that the other side has any valid disagreements. Basically dismissing the opposition while proclaiming how great and humble they are.The fact that a raging egomaniac like Trump let someone talk him into even this is amazing.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Augus posted:

Was Obama president for more than 8 years? Did I fall into a coma at some point?

George W. Bush (D-TX)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Contrary to the belief of the GOP, minorities aren't loving retards.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Internet Webguy posted:

Again they hope that African Americans are stupid and can't remember back a week.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shbobdb posted:

I just want to say that this election's dildo is going to have an appropriately flared base.

If Johnson goes up (:rimshot:) in the polls at all, he'll appropriately enough make a nice clit stimulator too.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shbobdb posted:

Hmmm we need a butt doctor to see if it's safe enough. Looks awfully close for a well-seasoned rear end in a top hat of the gop.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
CNN is characterizing that Pew poll as a "narrow clinton lead" help me stop breathing into a paper bag

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Petr posted:

CNN is characterizing that Pew poll as a "narrow clinton lead" help me stop breathing into a paper bag

stop watching/reading CNN, problem solved

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
I am freaking the gently caress out after that speech.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Petr posted:

Look at the blue in Florida.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Petr posted:

We have reached the point in statistical analysis that a single poll is meaningless in the face of the cumulative plurality

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

CelestialScribe posted:

What was the part that most freaked you the gently caress out?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

iospace posted:

:siren: PSEUDO DEBATE ALERT :siren:

Clinton and Trump will do a "Commander in Chief Forum", one after another, on MSNBC specifically taking questions from military and vets.

This is the dumbest poo poo I've ever heard.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We have reached the point in statistical analysis that a single poll is meaningless in the face of the cumulative plurality

Or maybe we're in an infobubble! It happened here in 2004.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CelestialScribe posted:

god you're awful, it was a dumb bad speech and he's going to gently caress it up the first time he's off prepared remarks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Stop feeding into the concern trolling.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Petr posted:

Or maybe we're in an infobubble! It happened here in 2004.

no it didnt

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Unless the Breitbart Boys confiscated his Twitter account, I wouldn't put money on Trump staying on-script for long.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Augus posted:

A common refrain of the right is "most major cities with large black communities have had Democratic mayors for decades, but things are still bad for black people, so elect Republicans and we'll do a better job!"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/766429497663090688

an interesting but unsurprising development.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stop feeding into the concern trolling.

Hardly trolling. I legitimately lose sleep every night over this election. Haven't slept more than four hours in months. My anxiety is sky high.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

iospace posted:

:siren: PSEUDO DEBATE ALERT :siren:

Clinton and Trump will do a "Commander in Chief Forum", one after another, on MSNBC specifically taking questions from military and vets.

Knowing how the joke media works, Clinton's going to get asked balls hard question while Trump gets asked about his favorite color.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

Hardly trolling. I legitimately lose sleep every night over this election. Haven't slept more than four hours in months. My anxiety is sky high.

perhaps you should take a break from following it

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

CelestialScribe posted:

If Hillary wins do you think you will feel cool and good, and maybe relax? 2018 looks pretty bad for Democrats. :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

FuturePastNow posted:

it's prolly the agents with the least seniority

Next time I'm able, I'll ask a family member. He was on the Hillary detail and he and his wife are . . . not fans of Hillary. His career got a major boost because he was pretty young and crazy in love with a wonderful woman when a certain fateful trip to Brazil happened.

• Locked thread