Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

tacodaemon posted:

This pic is dated as hell now considering that his phone, camera, watch, PDA, and flashlights are all separate objects

It's disappointing that my iPhone doesn't come with a built-in knife tho.

Hmm, *searches for "iPhone knife case"*

Nevermind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

nerdz posted:

sounds like a huge rear end in a top hat

No, he was great and I loved working with him. It was just something he did to keep his hands busy, like people doodle on notepads or whatever.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

frankenfreak posted:

Man, those Loss edits are getting REALLY elaborate.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Facebook Aunt posted:

*in canada reading in public is suspicious enough to get the police called on you. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/dauphin-reading-in-car-1.3674236
LHD car with RHD stripes? That's suspicious.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

yeah, but is it art?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

So if someone calls in that there is a suspicious looking* dude hanging around, and the police find the suspicious looking dude in possession of tools, then that can ruin his day. This is one of those areas where the cop has a lot of discretion since a lot of things could be burglary tools or be perfectly innocent. Lock picks are one of those things that it will be harder to come up with a "lawful excuse" for though.

I know a cop that managed to get a guy charged with burglar tools for having a rock and a garbage bag on the front seat of his car.
There had been a rash of smash and grab burglaries in the area, and they found this guy sitting in his truck in the back of a strip mall that had been broken into before.

So word of warning: find a rock at the scene of your break-in, don't bring one with you.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

That promo was the stuff of legend. :allears:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Another thing about IT and locks: If you have physical access to a system, you own that system. If your IT guy can break into your server room unnoticed, you have hosed up your priorities and need to rethink your security plan.

Edit: ^ It's going to be hard to beat The Final Deletion, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiktBcRHABU

Double Punctuation has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Aug 18, 2016

The Big Finish
Dec 24, 2007

found this in some right wing conspiracy blog's comment section and i love it

edit: this was not the idiots on social media thread oh well

The Big Finish has a new favorite as of 15:41 on Aug 18, 2016

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

mostlygray posted:

I have to say, as a former IT guy, you always have to get into weird places where no-one has a key except for the building manager who lives half way across town, never answers his phone, and is unwilling to give you a duplicate to do your drat job. Easiest way is to slip the lock with your pocket knife if the door opens out. If the door opens in, you have to pick it.

The data must flow and people get pissy with more than 10 seconds of downtime. I've had to pick a lock just to get to a breaker box because the building manager refused to answer me when a breaker tripped after a power outage overnight. gently caress these guys. I shouldn't have to pick a lock to keep my company running.

To: AVP, VP, VP, VP, President
CC: Building Manager, Building Manager's Manager, Building Manager's Company

Hello,

As you know, there is currently an outage. Unfortunately, I am unable to restore power to the servers because I cannot access the breaker box; it is in a locked room. I have been attempting to contact Building Manager and there has been no response.

gently caress you all,
IT Guy

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Carrying three flashlights as part of your daily outfit is weird and all but i seriously can not get over how absolutely loving lame everybody open carrying looks.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Biplane posted:

Carrying three flashlights as part of your daily outfit is weird and all but i seriously can not get over how absolutely loving lame everybody open carrying looks.

I assure you it's not for aesthetic.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Hypothesis: most people open carry because they want people to see they've got a gun.

If it's about visibility for whatever reason doors that make it aesthetic?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

When did Rafi become a wrestler?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

To: AVP, VP, VP, VP, President
CC: Building Manager, Building Manager's Manager, Building Manager's Company

Hello,

As you know, there is currently an outage. Unfortunately, I am unable to restore power to the servers because I cannot access the breaker box; it is in a locked room. I have been attempting to contact Building Manager and there has been no response.

gently caress you all,
IT Guy

so is that a hand written letter or what

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

im pooping! posted:

so is that a hand written letter or what

crayon, nailed to the door

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cakefool posted:

Hypothesis: most people open carry because they want people to see they've got a gun.

Since I don't want to derail the thread with gun chat...I will be answering in the form of this dog.

Buddy, I think if you asked most people, who open carry, their reason, it would be; self defense, protection or something similar. Which takes it out of the realm of fashion and sticks it into the realm of security. For example, that Linus Blanket that I love to play tug of war with. You know the one. drat I do love it when we go to the park and I get to chase that ball as well.
\

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Cakefool posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Guns are awesome

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I think he hit Q-W when the next should have been O-P

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

PCOS Bill posted:

Guns are awesome

So are pussies. We all win!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

This Tom should go back to dancing

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

shitPosting COnstantly Syndrome (say "sh-iht-POE-sst-ING KAHN-stant-LEE SIN-drohm") is a problem in which a poster's shitpost levels are out of balance. It can cause problems with your posts and make it difficult for anyone to like you. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as probation and banning.

Most posters with PCOS grow many small shiposts in their chemically imbalanced brains that are impossible to hold in. That is why it is called shitPosting COnstantly Syndrome. The shitposts are not harmful to the poster but lead to thread imbalances.

Early diagnosis and treatment can help control the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.

Posts are social messengers that trigger many different processes, including comedy and content production. Often, the job of one post is to signal the release of another post.

For reasons that are not well understood, in PCOS the shitposts get out of balance. One shitpost triggers another, which triggers another. For example:

The thread gets out of balance. Normally, the forums make a tiny amount of shitposts (FYAD). In PCOS, they start making slightly more shitposts. This may cause you to stop making any good posts, get mad at people on the internet, and grow extra terrible opinions.
The body may have a problem using good posts, called being a loving idiot. When the body doesn't use good posts well, shitpost levels go up. Over time, this increases your chance of getting banned.
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. PCOS seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other posters in your family have it or have irregular posts or are banned. PCOS can be passed down from either your mother's or father's side.

Symptoms tend to be mild at first. You may have only a few symptoms or a lot of them. The most common symptoms are:

Red titles.
Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
Being quoted and called an idiot. Often shitposters get thicker and darker posts, deliberately taking up horrible opinions to be contrary.
Thinning hair on the scalp.
Irregular posts. Often posters with PCOS have fewer than nine decent posts a year. Some posters have none at all. Others have very heavy bleeding.
Sexual problems. Many posters who have PCOS have trouble getting laid (virginity).
Depression.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Same but erotically.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Oh I remember that episode!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Looks like a typical case of lupus.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VendaGoat posted:

Since I don't want to derail the thread with gun chat...I will be answering in the form of this dog.

Buddy, I think if you asked most people, who open carry, their reason, it would be; self defense, protection or something similar. Which takes it out of the realm of fashion and sticks it into the realm of security. For example, that Linus Blanket that I love to play tug of war with. You know the one. drat I do love it when we go to the park and I get to chase that ball as well.
\

Most people are liars.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Most people are liars.

No we're not. :grin:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's exactly what a liar would say.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Who What Now posted:

That's exactly what a liar would say.

Said the lair

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Bananana posted:

Said the lair

I heard there were dragons in those!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Johnny Aztec posted:

I heard there were dragons in those!

They lied

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Fuckin' phone.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lair, lair, pants on head

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
My buddy who lives in Guangzhou took this at the grocery store

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheBigAristotle posted:

My buddy who lives in Guangzhou took this at the grocery store

More chinese state propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

\

You are just as safe with a concealed gun. Open carry is for nothing more than parading around that you have a gun, praying for somebody (black thugs or muslims hopefully)to gently caress with you so you can shoot them. (Also, for the pipe dream that you'll be the hero who stops the terrorists when they start shooting up the local Wal-Mart.)

• Locked thread