Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Do you know who would be an ace outside the box choice?

John Goodman.

I can't imagine this as anything but his performance as the cyclops in O Brother Where Art Thou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Keith David voice, Mostly CGI physique.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

John Goodman.
Especially if they went the Final Crisis route and he was both Darkseid and Turpin.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I think Perlman has the voice for it, considering his kind of haunting tone as Deathstroke Slade and the Lich from Adventure Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8BcqsgVlG0

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gaz-L posted:

I can't imagine this as anything but his performance as the cyclops in O Brother Where Art Thou

I was thinking more Barton Fink. Showing you the life of the mind even sounds like a Kirbyism.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was thinking a mature and level headed version of his character from 10 cloverfield Lane, with a voice filter pitching him down like they did Orson Welles in that transformers movie. Let Goodman really dial down the joviality and let the inner omega out.

I think he'd be loving terrifying in a way a more obvious choice like Perlman or Keith David or even Michael Ironside ever could, and that's what Darkseid should be--terrifying in this pitch black biblical "I have seen the devil in the dim light of the darkest recesses this plane of existence can muster and to him I was barely a mote of dust, and he swept me into the workings of his indifferent machinery where all existence is his will" way. Not a tin despot or some glorified Mongul. Morrison and Ironside were close, but given the direction the movies are taking with Steppenwolf this is one interpretation that would actually fit.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 1, 2016

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

John Goodman.

They said Darkseid, not Granny Goodness.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

McSpanky posted:

They said Darkseid, not Granny Goodness.

My dearest wish would be for a movie to pit this version of the Justice League against the full cosmic funhouse wackiness of Apokolips. I want Henry Cavill struggling to stay serious against a scenery-chomping Granny Goodness, complete with Terror Orphanage (using that name. Darkseid cracking open a cold one on Batfleck's couch. Glorious Godfrey in a straw boater hat trying to sell Metropolis a six-car monorail. I want the otherworldly evil of Darkseid to be represented in this universe by something utterly, beautifully stupid and impossible to take seriously.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Give me a Mr Mxyzptlk movie ft. Gilbert Gottfried and Henry Cavill pls

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

Give me a Mr Mxyzptlk movie ft. Gilbert Gottfried and Henry Cavill pls

Yes, Gilbert would be the best Mxy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLEYy9UTfE&hd=1

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah I wasn't sure if rotinaj knew.

Goodman as granny goodness is a good consolation.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

VagueRant posted:

More scales and texture! More! And no red panties!

Uhm if she's going to fly I think panties are a good idea.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Uhm if she's going to fly I think panties are a good idea.

Especially for Melissa Bemoist.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, we have costumes for Mary Jane & Annie in Renew Your Vows!

They might need a little work.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Uh-HUH.

I actually dig the red and white on MJ, but that thing next to her is all kinds of terrible. That's a special person helmet, right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Protecting your kid from head injury seems pretty smart to me. More superheroes should wear pads.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

redbackground posted:

Uh-HUH.

I actually dig the red and white on MJ, but that thing next to her is all kinds of terrible. That's a special person helmet, right?
I think it's more supposed to be like a bike helmet, since Stegman used the analogy of a parent padding out their kid when they're going to be riding their bike for why Peter would make her wear that.

If I had to guess, it's likely going to be temporary until she gets a new one as a symbol of character growth. Kind of like Kitty Pryde's infamous first costume.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

Ignore all the other times I've said a character design looks like it came from City of Heroes, because that Mary Jane costume is like an order of magnitude more CoH than anything that's come before.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just Spider-Man but white instead of blue.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those earrings and that hair have got to go.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
For someone who didn't read the SW mini, why would MJ need a costume? Are Peter's powers sexually transmitted, like a less morbid version of that one what-if mini?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He's a biter, or she is. Nothing morbid about that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

For someone who didn't read the SW mini, why would MJ need a costume? Are Peter's powers sexually transmitted, like a less morbid version of that one what-if mini?

I don't know what the in-comic reason is but I do know that Spider-man writers have been trying to make MJ a superhero for like a straight decade. I don't know why they have such a boner for it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
C'mon now we all know what Spider-MJ should be wearing

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

Ignore all the other times I've said a character design looks like it came from City of Heroes, because that Mary Jane costume is like an order of magnitude more CoH than anything that's come before.

She looks like her costumer used to work for Alpha Flight

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aphrodite posted:

It's just Spider-Man but white instead of blue.
And pretend hotpants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Peter has that too, his is just smaller since it represents a dancer's belt.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I really like MJ's shoes. That's all I have to add.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

C'mon now we all know what Spider-MJ should be wearing

The boob-socking here is so tight I'm worried the pressure is going to cut her tits off like piano wire

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FAT BATMAN posted:

I really like MJ's shoes. That's all I have to add.

I disagree

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

she was sporting the Iron Spider get up recently as well.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Speaking of the mangaverse...

What a terrible, terrible line.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey at least no one's posted Phoenix's costume.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Even the forums have decency laws

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
'nothing' isn't a costume.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Are you referring to that mangaverse series where they're all wearing costumes that show off their bikini waxes?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PoptartsNinja posted:

'nothing' isn't a costume.

Hakagure (aka Invisible Girl), My Hero Academia.
She doesn't wear gloves in combat.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Say Nothing posted:

Doesn't count. MHA is actually well-written.

• Locked thread