Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

no joke reading the old duwang scans i completely missed the panel with hayato's body in the closet. I don't know how but it wasnt till the colored adventures scans that i first say him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Funnily enough, I'd heard the opposite, that it misses the point and charm of a lot of Dio's personality traits and that it tries to make him more sympathetic in ways that don't make sense for him. Seeing as I haven't read it, I can't say for sure, so is there anything there that you'd agree with or could understand why someone else would read it that way?

A goon misunderstood him saying that he admired his father when he was very young (and that he now thinks it was incredibly stupid of him to do so) as him regretting killing his father.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That makes total sense why they'd think that then. Dio doesn't admire anybody ever except himself, jonathan's body when attached to himself, and pucci

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

New chapter is out

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2016/08/18/jojolion-56-version-2-and-jojolion-57/

e: it's great ahahha

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 19, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

That makes total sense why they'd think that then. Dio doesn't admire anybody ever except himself, jonathan's body when attached to himself, and pucci

Eh. He seemed impressed by Vanilla Ice's willingness to die for him, at least.

I do think it's interesting (not good or bad, just interesting) that Over Heaven sometimes interprets the manga differently from the way the anime writers interpret it. A good example is the bit in the anime where Joseph says he's getting revenge for Erina and Dio doesn't even remember who she is at first. Over Heaven, on the other hand, portrays Dio as fairly obsessed with the events of Phantom Blood, and even has him reflect on how Erina resembles his mother.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is so good

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we interrupt this attempt on the higashikata family's life with two chapters of jo~uuuushuuuuuu~uuuuu getting hexed by the milagro man and then returning the money back to sender

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I really still don't understand the rules of Milagro Man.

Also, I still don't like Joshu, but drat if I don't love the design of his Quickman-rear end stand.

e: vv I guess it is the stuff about burning it that throws me off. I understood it as 'You can't get rid of the curse unless someone steals your money, at which point it transfers to them', but I don't really get what burning it has to do with it?

Olive! fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 19, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Butt Ox posted:

I really still don't understand the rules of Milagro Man.

Also, I still don't like Joshu, but drat if I don't love the design of his Quickman-rear end stand.

:same:

Though I think it's just you get rid of the curse if someone else takes the money from you. I don't know why the guy at the end kept saying you have to burn it, because Joshu just tricked him into taking the money and he was immediately freed from the curse, while giving it back to that guy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm glad Joshuu stopped from being bedeviled by a magic money man

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
That's some good rear end jojo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The milagro man's rules:

If you take the money, you get the curse in addition to whoever you took money from

If you destroy the money, whoever you took the money from will be free from the curse

The dude joshuu gave the money back to destroyed the money when he ripped the label of the drink while opening the bottle I guess, because there was money inside of the label that joshuu had nut king called into place to keep it from flying back to him

That was a pretty lovely ending though :\ it was suddenly even more interesting and then it just ends

e: I was convinced it was going to lead to joshuu attempting to get to shakedown road in order to get fleeced for cash

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zeruel posted:

That's some jojo rear end jojo

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
JoShu -> JoJo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I always found it weird that Joshuu had the rad theme and Josuke had the goofy funtimes one

then again I guess it could be read as Joshuu trying to be an edgelord while Josuke just doesn't give a poo poo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Joshu became the main character of part 8 so gradually we barely realised

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

The milagro man's rules:

If you take the money, you get the curse in addition to whoever you took money from

If you destroy the money, whoever you took the money from will be free from the curse

The dude joshuu gave the money back to destroyed the money when he ripped the label of the drink while opening the bottle I guess, because there was money inside of the label that joshuu had nut king called into place to keep it from flying back to him

Okay, now can you explain why the money grew when it was on fire until Joshu woke up on the couch like nothing happened? And then he gets attacked by the money again, and the next page he's just calmly standing and talking to the guy he stole it from?

e: This post sounded weirdly aggressive look back at it. I didn't mean it to, I just didn't understand this chapter very well.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 19, 2016

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Milagro Man reminds me a lot of Superfly/Cheap Trick but also like Araki's weird spin on an SCP entry or some other creepypasta. That stand (???) design is cool as hell too.

Joshuu is a real jerk though, that guy was saying he was unable to buy food and other necessities for two years, but Joshuu has a family he can freeload off of!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I really dig the design of the Milagro Man stand.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Butt Ox posted:

Okay, now can you explain why the money grew when it was on fire until Joshu woke up on the couch like nothing happened? And then he gets attacked by the money again, and the next page he's just calmly standing and talking to the guy he stole it from?

e: This post sounded weirdly aggressive look back at it. I didn't mean it to, I just didn't understand this chapter very well.

Simply put he was overwhelmed by the money and when he came to, he had already appeared groggy and who-knows-what at his dad's place. Given who he is a child of, it wouldn't be out of the question for the police to drag his no-doubt drunk self home (I mean, he DID drink a ton of booze). As for the other bit, that's just to show that it wasn't a dream and the cut from his being absolutely swarmed with money is to show that he was being attacked by it for trying to keep it away from him. Once he was mobbed by the cash, he went to reassemble the card off-panel and probably got into a bunch of wacky hijinks along the way before coming to that dude's apartment and questioning him, all while having lods of emone (probably) pinned away somewhere to keep it off of him.

The milagro man stand design is legit rad as gently caress tho and it is too bad it is relegated to like..3 panels?

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 19, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like that there's just some figure known only as The Milagro Man, that even government officials and organized crime know of and avoid

e: manga is wild cause bleach can end and not be good, and on the same day we end a two month long sidestory arc about a lovely boy getting cursed with too much money

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 19, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm glad Joshu learned a valuable life lesson from this whole debacle.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Passing the buck just leads to more trouble.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Butt Ox posted:

My understanding is that when he burned the money, he triggered passing the other guy's curse which caused the money to forcefully grow, and then the money warped him home because it's a stand, or something. He doesn't get attacked by the money as much as the money literally spills out of the room onto him.

The pacing and storytelling for the chapter was pretty abrupt, I wonder if Araki decided to fastforward to whatever he's got lined up next?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JDRockefeller posted:

Yeah, I had completely forgotten too that he straight up killed Hayato. That's really why he was freaking out about what he was going to do next. Its actually a huge thing since its how the arrow gives him Bites the Dust and lets him rewind an hour to fix it.

I think that was lost on me because of lovely duwang scans and at somepoint just glossing over dialogue rather than trying to parse what was really going on.

And yeah I am also waiting for the bathscene, cause goddamn the tension in that scene and everything after is so thick you could choke on it.

I caught what happened immediately but when Hayato was suddenly alive again was where things started to lose me.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Joshu is anime's best pisskid and I love him

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

soon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

next week

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kurtofan posted:

next week

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Counting the seconds until my friend kills the chubby and chomps some good st.gentleman's

http://jojo-animation.com/story/21.html

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Aug 19, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

admittedly, it's a lot of seconds for the first of those.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

The pacing and storytelling for the chapter was pretty abrupt, I wonder if Araki decided to fastforward to whatever he's got lined up next?

It could even potentially be the editor interfering. ("We can't have more than two chapters for Joshuu! Nobody even likes him!")

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Counting the seconds until my friend kills the chubby and chomps some good st.gentleman's

http://jojo-animation.com/story/21.html

it's finger licking good

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

How many hours until the episode hits?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bad Seafood posted:

How many hours until the episode hits?

7 hours, 16 minutes

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm conflicted about the last two chapters because they've made me start to kind of like certified pissbaby Joshu Higashikata.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Maybe it's going to get all part 7 on us and this is really the story of how Joshuu Higashikata learned to walk (figuratively)?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm conflicted about the last two chapters because they've made me start to kind of like certified pissbaby Joshu Higashikata.

It must be the work of an enemy stand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

7 hours, 16 minutes
Thank you.

I have something I must do at the last possible second.