Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nearly caught a pheasant with my face on the road up to Old Town the other day. Dumb fucker was chilling in a lay-by completely out of the way of traffic, saw me coming and decided flying directly into my path was the best way to escape.

I swear they must breed them specially to be this thick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Pheasants, swans and geese are birds with absolutely no sense of self preservation. They're just stupid and angry.

gently caress gulls too, they do nothing but scream and crap all over the place, and I almost caught one with my visor a while back.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

Nearly caught a pheasant with my face on the road up to Old Town the other day. Dumb fucker was chilling in a lay-by completely out of the way of traffic, saw me coming and decided flying directly into my path was the best way to escape.

Yeah, they literally do, so upper-class fuckwits can shoot them more easily.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

hot sauce posted:

This is a pro click for anyone who doesn't already follow him on Instagram.

Oh man this guy can ride.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Renaissance Robot posted:

Last time I took a ride, I swore I creamed a sparrow with my headlight. But we got off the bikes and my wife said she saw it fly off and not die. Seriously? I *felt* the bird through the handlebar. Looked at my headlight and there was a nice schmear of berry shits across my high beam. Thanks, bird.

Scariest was a buzzard near Santa Anna, TX. Similar to pheasant, it was chillin in the ditch eating some roadkill when it saw me come and decided the best escape route was to take off ALONG THE ROAD IN THE PATH OF TRAVEL. I had to duck under the windshield to avoid it. It was closer than the deer I almost hit where I could hear its hooves. Buzzards are huge too, especially like 3 feet away.

Y'all Texas riding folks should take that seriously http://www.ridetexoma.com/Safety/BuzzardAlert.htm

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
This morning I narrowly avoided a squirrel carrying a BABBY SQUIRREL crossing the street in downtown Portland. I fully slowed down, and waited for it to cross. Holy poo poo, babby squirrels are so cute.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
OMG that's adorable; if that had happened to me that poo poo would already be on YT.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Riding with a tire on pillion is kind of uncomfortable.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

clutchpuck posted:

Yeah it is.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

clutchpuck posted:

I hope you've learned your lesson and start wearing the tire next time.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It doesn't fit over my built-in spare.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Supposedly there was much talking about if one can go 90 mph in 5th on a stock ninja 300, or not.

You can, actually.

Just letting everyone know.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Space Whale posted:

Supposedly there was much talking about if one can go 90 mph in 5th on a stock ninja 300, or not.

You can, actually.

Just letting everyone know.

You definitely can.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
You're right at redline and should have already shifted but you can

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein
Yeah, I'd be hesitant to do it in 5th, but in 6th I've hit nearly 100.

Allegedly.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I think I topped out at ideal human body temperature. After sitting there WFO for a couple minutes.

On the FZ it's not even an event. I notice it's happened and I'm like, "Oh. Better slow down a bit."

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You could break 90 on an old ninja 250 pretty easily. Took a while to get there.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I've broken 90 in a full tuck on my WR250R. Indicated 94 on the speedo. (I know speedometer are notoriously inaccurate) It took awhile to get there.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Might as well bitch about this in the "bitching about things" thread. Finding out someone used the red loctite on your sprocket. gently caress.

I never knew that poo poo was so strong.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Sena should include a garage door opener feature in their headsets.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Marxalot posted:

Might as well bitch about this in the "bitching about things" thread. Finding out someone used the red loctite on your sprocket. gently caress.

Heat heat heat

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Marxalot posted:

I get irritated just thinking about this. It already has a loving lock washer you loving gently caress.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Slavvy posted:

I get irritated just thinking about this. It already has a loving lock washer you loving gently caress.

Yep. Secured with not one, but two bends. And apparently motherfucking loctite. I just know that poo poo is in the splines of the actual sprocket too :smith:

Bought a blowtorch and a 3ft cheater pipe today. We'll see how that works out.

e: med. strength loctite is fine though. I put that poo poo on everything.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 17, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I fully support putting blue loctite on fuckin everything, though.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
[ASK] me about my stupid DRZ shedding a passenger peg. Or that time my FZ6 lost a bar end on the highway.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Marxalot posted:

[ASK] me about my stupid DRZ shedding a passenger peg. Or that time my FZ6 lost a bar end on the highway.

ZRX rattled out one of those large, distinctive bolts on the side of my radiator cover. :negative:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

ZRX rattled out one of those large, distinctive bolts on the side of my radiator cover. :negative:

Heh, so it happened to you, too.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
My FZ6 has backed out p. much every bolt. The clutch one here right before a gap trip. I've taken my seat off and found loose bolts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k40qu2oJ-V4

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

When I took my vstrom in for an engine swap they asked if I had already loosened all the bolts holding it in. Nope :suicide: I had just tightened a subframe bolt that was like 80% backed out just before they picked it up too.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Welp, I got my first parking ticket in San Francisco. I parked in the edge of a parallel car sport, and I am guessing the car left eventually and the meter elapsed.

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007
[witty comment goes here]
Hello, new manager who I'm meeting for the first time! Yes, there is a helmet on my desk and I'm totally cool with chatting about bieks between calls. But please do not:

-wrap your phone cord around the helmet
-tap on the visor with your phone cord
-fidget with the visor
-leave your fingerprints goddamn everywhere in what will be my field of vision

All while telling me how you wear a half helmet with a bandanna. It's cool, I'm not going to rail at you for your gear choices, but omg stop loving with my poo poo. Aaaaargh.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein

Daemoxx posted:

Hello, new manager who I'm meeting for the first time! Yes, there is a helmet on my desk and I'm totally cool with chatting about bieks between calls. But please do not:

-wrap your phone cord around the helmet
-tap on the visor with your phone cord
-fidget with the visor
-leave your fingerprints goddamn everywhere in what will be my field of vision

All while telling me how you wear a half helmet with a bandanna. It's cool, I'm not going to rail at you for your gear choices, but omg stop loving with my poo poo. Aaaaargh.

What the gently caress.

Who does that? Who touches other people's poo poo?

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007

Lynza posted:

What the gently caress.

Who does that? Who touches other people's poo poo?

She also told me Rebels have trouble going at over 55 and it was dangerous to take them on the freeway, because she learned on one. Mine was going 73 the other day and it didn't seem overly bothered or take all that long getting there. I wouldn't be surprised if I could get it to 80 with enough time and that seems pretty capable of handling this areas traffic. I'm not exactly inclined to "outgrow" this bike anytime soon either because I can't even flatfoot this thing, so I should probably stick with it for a year or two at least. The guy behind me was talking about how he wears the thinnest helmet he can find so clearly not people I want to take riding advice from anyway, oh well.

But yeah it's like going out to the parking lot and sitting on top of someone's car. Nobody does that, why are you loving with my vehicle gear?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Daemoxx posted:

She also told me Rebels have trouble going at over 55 and it was dangerous to take them on the freeway, because she learned on one. Mine was going 73 the other day and it didn't seem overly bothered or take all that long getting there. I wouldn't be surprised if I could get it to 80 with enough time and that seems pretty capable of handling this areas traffic. I'm not exactly inclined to "outgrow" this bike anytime soon either because I can't even flatfoot this thing, so I should probably stick with it for a year or two at least. The guy behind me was talking about how he wears the thinnest helmet he can find so clearly not people I want to take riding advice from anyway, oh well.

But yeah it's like going out to the parking lot and sitting on top of someone's car. Nobody does that, why are you loving with my vehicle gear?

you will outgrow it the second you ride something bigger. anything will do it

Razzled fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 19, 2016

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007

Razzled posted:

you will outgrow it the second you ride something bigger. anything will do it

I have a 25" inseam when I'm measuring it as generously as I possibly can. I literally could not get enough of a (single) toe down on the Ninja 300 I sat on to get it off the sidestand while on the seat. I sat on a bunch of bikes and even a bunch of low seated cruisers gave me difficulty getting my feet in line with the controls with any degree of comfort. Do I want to move up eventually? Probably. But for right now I'm just stoked to have something I can ride around with and at least get one foot down flat (to put both feet down, I'm literally on tiptoes), and people are hilariously slow drivers here anyway. Being short as gently caress sucks sometimes.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Daemoxx posted:

I have a 25" inseam when I'm measuring it as generously as I possibly can. I literally could not get enough of a (single) toe down on the Ninja 300 I sat on to get it off the sidestand while on the seat. I sat on a bunch of bikes and even a bunch of low seated cruisers gave me difficulty getting my feet in line with the controls with any degree of comfort. Do I want to move up eventually? Probably. But for right now I'm just stoked to have something I can ride around with and at least get one foot down flat (to put both feet down, I'm literally on tiptoes), and people are hilariously slow drivers here anyway. Being short as gently caress sucks sometimes.

Short jokes aside, lowering links are a thing that you could look into. Also, SS bikes are loving tiny so an old 600 might work.

I mean #bieks has a 4ft nothing 60lb goonette with an sv650 so options do exist. And as an 6' dude, putting two feet down just feels weird. It's much easier for me to keep my right foot on the rear brake and the left on the pavement.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Kawasaki has the Vulcan S with it's "ergo-fit" for three different sets of rider heights. If all else fails you can just get a Can-am and not worry about flat footing!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Dude, that's rough :( I thought 28" plus tiny feet was bad. Get some power ranger race boots. My tcx make my feet like 1" taller at least.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Grom time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Daemoxx posted:

Zxr 400, if you can find one. My supershort ladyfriend is very happy with hers, but I don't know her inseam measurements.