Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonfiesta
Sep 4, 2012

Incoherence posted:

Apparently I got top 25% in the fantasy challenge by opening 5 packs, selling the rest on the market, and then setting lineups for each day before I left for a 2 week vacation covering the entirety of TI. Shows how many people cared about that.

Speaking of which, is there a canonical list of Good Games to rewatch (including wild cards/group stage)? I caught the finals but nothing before that.
Here's a pretty good summary:
Group Stage
Main Event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Watch DING DING DING MOTHERFUCKER for an hour on repeat for the best dota experience.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

EG EHOME GAME 1
G

E
H
O
M
E

G
A
M
E

remember the very first game of pro dota. they should've been disqualified for playing like that at 5 loving am.

i wish tournaments including ti switched to proper brackets. no winners and losers you just get seeded based on record in that opening round and go from there like real sports do.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Groovelord Neato posted:

remember the very first game of pro dota. they should've been disqualified for playing like that at 5 loving am.

i wish tournaments including ti switched to proper brackets. no winners and losers you just get seeded based on record in that opening round and go from there like real sports do.

nerds can't handle tournaments that aren't double elimination brackets for some reason. it's the worst.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/w33haa/status/766583577408569344

w33ha misery cr1t miracle fly are the new team secret then, gonna feel weird to root for team secret for a change

bets on where artour ends up lol

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

"botany" posted:

EG once fear retires?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ramagamma posted:

EG once fear retires?

unless ppd retires as well, i very strongly doubt that

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

If my card challenge thing says 95% does that mean I'm a rock star or did I completely blow?

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

botany posted:

unless ppd retires as well, i very strongly doubt that

Are ppd and rtz mad at each other?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ramagamma posted:

Are ppd and rtz mad at each other?

after rtz left the team (for the second time), ppd said in a vod that the reason artour left was bad blood between them. apparently rtz was unhappy with ppd's leadership style. ppd said later on stream that he got really discouraged by that and tried to reign it in and be less controlling etc. then EG sucked for a while and his conclusion was "unfortunately that doesn't win you games." now ppd is back to being an actual captain, which means rtz would have the same issue with him again. they are polite when they see each other at tournaments but not exactly friends. i know entirely too much about this poo poo god help me

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
DJ has left the Fnatic roster on Valve's registration thing. He was probably their best player so kinda sucks for them.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

if fnatic was american you would be taking the piss like you do col... so why do you give a gently caress ?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how old is rtz because mentally he's 17 forever.

nozh posted:

nerds can't handle tournaments that aren't double elimination brackets for some reason. it's the worst.

yeah i really do not get it.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

cohsae posted:

If my card challenge thing says 95% does that mean I'm a rock star or did I completely blow?

It means you were in the top 5% of fantasy point predictors. I guess a lot of people never bothered with the cards.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah, i also got the top 10% reward. i logged in to check my compendium now that all the rewards were out and was surprised i had like 7 new rewards.

thank you crystal maiden for 2 of the ugliest sets ive ever seen in my life.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

someone give me the city tileset.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Forev's Axe against OG was good, I think it was MVP vs OG game 3

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

rip og, the more successful old fnatic

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

botany posted:

w33ha misery cr1t miracle fly are the new team secret then, gonna feel weird to root for team secret for a change

Was this mentioned anywhere else?

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

botany posted:

Power of Pecota posted:

W33 has been trolling fake lineups since TI ended, I'm not going to believe anything he says that isn't back up by an actual team statement.
Also I keep seeing EE to EG rumors and while I don't think PPD would should himself, his team, and his earning potential in the balls like that, he did trade out Aui for RTZ same time last year. Ugh, don't trash NA dota more than it is please.

Angrymantium fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 19, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Power of Pecota posted:

no official statements yet from any teams, pretty much

i'd be more than surprised if this wasn't true though.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Angrymantium posted:

W33 has been trolling fake lineups since TI ended, I'm not going to believe anything he says that isn't back up by an actual team statement.

Has he "trolled" any lineup other than that one?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://clips.twitch.tv/moonmeander/ElatedShrewSriHead

that awkward silence

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Has he "trolled" any lineup other than that one?

This happens every time. Every player is "trolling" lineups on twitter except they're right 95% of the time.

Also no, w33's only mentioned that one lineup.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Angrymantium posted:

Also I keep seeing EE to EG rumors and while I don't think PPD would should himself, his team, and his earning potential in the balls like that, he did trade out Aui for RTZ same time last year. Ugh, don't trash NA dota more than it is please.

w33 hasn't been teasing anything other than that one lineup as far as i know?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

botany posted:

wait has this tweet been deleted, I'm not getting anything

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
RIP n0tail having a team that has a real chance. Despite choking hard at TI their team completely trounced all year so it doesn't make much sense to me to break up, but what do I know about pro eSports.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Elyv posted:

wait has this tweet been deleted, I'm not getting anything

yeah he took it down. it was a picture of him in a team secret shirt that just said "a new era" or something like that

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Secret is always going to have puppey on it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's probably a good idea not to freak out about twitter posts and just wait for the official roster lock submissions.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

botany posted:

w33 hasn't been teasing anything other than that one lineup as far as i know?

If the deleted tweet you posted was the acronym one, he also tweeted and deleted a bunch of other stuff on monday along the same lines. Pretty much everyone in DC is saying they're breaking up but there's a lot of conflicting information out there.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's probably a good idea not to freak out about twitter posts and just wait for the official roster lock submissions.

yeah but its way more fun to speculate based on deleted twitter posts

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Kild posted:

Secret is always going to have puppey on it.

hows he gonna have time to play dota when hes president of estonia?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Khisanth Magus posted:

RIP n0tail having a team that has a real chance. Despite choking hard at TI their team completely trounced all year so it doesn't make much sense to me to break up, but what do I know about pro eSports.

Dota teams have always run by the Ricky Bobby mentality, if they're not getting first literally all the time something is wrong and needs to be done

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Khisanth Magus posted:

n0tail was by far the worst player on OG at TI

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

hows he gonna have time to play dota when hes president of estonia?

he'll just divert all decision to putin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Goetta posted:

n0tail was by far the worst player on OG at TI

They were all bad. Moon would disappear for long stretches of time, and Miracle would be out of position and feed in ways that would make Envy and Rtz proud.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Where is the actual (i.e. non-comedy) Dota 2 player thread?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

SlyFrog posted:

Where is the actual (i.e. non-comedy) Dota 2 player thread?

There isn't any such thing.

The other Dota 2 shitposting thread is in the BYOB cool crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Dota 2 doesn't deserve a serious thread.

• Locked thread