Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Well, it owned
I'll have you know I have never been more jealous of another person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The dales are alive with the sound of music. :gizz:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Obviously the person at fault here is the moron with the unsecured mattress (?) , but that motorcyclist has like the world's shittiest reaction time. He had a good three or four seconds between the mattress hitting the road and him running into it, and he doesn't swerve at all and only brakes at the last second. real bad

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
How much swerving should he have attempted while on the interstate?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The biker was clearly trying to read where the mattress was going to end up and hoping to dodge around it. Braking first is always the smart thing to do, but not everyone learns to drive in deer country I suppose.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Godholio posted:

However much it takes to not hit poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Godholio posted:

Certainly as much as possible within his lane. It looks like he fixated on the mattress and steered straight into it...if he'd gone to the left instead, he could have gone around the thing without even crossing the line, i think.

I once came over a hill on my motorcycle and encountered a loving aluminum ladder in the road, with about that much time to maneuver. I managed to brake and swerve around in time to miss it. But I'm not blaming the motorcyclist here as much as just pointing out that drilling emergency moves and staying alert 100% of the time can really save your rear end.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 19, 2016

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
It was a good thing he had on his protective plaid.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
From a month or two ago, the biker in the video explained he'd just gotten the bike and didn't have much riding experience. He was also in the process of saving up for proper riding gear, since the bike purchase took a chunk out of his savings. Dude, if you can't afford both the bike and the gear, you can't afford the bike.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

NoWake posted:

if you can't afford both the bike and the gear, you can't afford the bike.
Amen.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

These suits are the best thing to happen to western civilization in decades.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So, uh, where can I buy that suit?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The same place you buy anything else:
https://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costume-Jurassic-World-Inflatable/dp/B00TO6E0T8/

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I do not need this. I do not need this. I do.................

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

I once came over a hill on my motorcycle and encountered a loving aluminum ladder in the road, with about that much time to maneuver. I managed to brake and swerve around in time to miss it. But I'm not blaming the motorcyclist here as much as just pointing out that drilling emergency moves and staying alert 100% of the time can really save your rear end.
I had a cardboard box fly off a truck in front and to the right of me. I was in a car thankfully as there was no way to avoid it while stying in the lane. I braked but it's really difficult to pull off some mad evaisive maneuver when you're just chilling on the highway.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

travisray2004 posted:

I do not need this. I do not need this. I do.................

Don't you though.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNmY_Zt5A0

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Holy poo poo they're only $60? :lol:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Bape Culture posted:

Well, it owned

That one keeps showing up on Pistonheads too: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1388601&i=8560

NM, read further down the thread and you posted a bunch of them. :D

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 19, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I need to put a convertible top in the beetle...

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You bastard, now I am browsing costumes on Amazon :downs:

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

poo poo, I know what I'm doing the next time I take the top off of my jeep...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

NoWake posted:

From a month or two ago, the biker in the video explained he'd just gotten the bike and didn't have much riding experience. He was also in the process of saving up for proper riding gear, since the bike purchase took a chunk out of his savings. Dude, if you can't afford both the bike and the gear, you can't afford the bike.

Helmets just make it hard to see and can lead to spine injuries

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I quit supporting the AMA because they focus so much on getting helmet laws repealed and show zero interest in expanding lane-splitting legality to places other than California.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

As a biker, I like the idea of lane splitting but most drivers are so lovely it would scare the hell out of me doing it as a normal course of action.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

slidebite posted:

As a biker, I like the idea of lane splitting but most drivers are so lovely it would scare the hell out of me doing it as a normal course of action.

Lane splitting is the greatest loving thing in the world.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
gently caress the AMA

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I really don't understand how someone who is riding a vehicle that the state requires to be insured, registered, and operated by someone with a state provided license, and ridden on a public road in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding usage on the roadways can find being made to wear a helmet a bridge too far in government regulation.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Far as I'm concerned, helmets should be legally required if you have dependents or less than a million dollars coverage on your health insurance. If you have no kids and a lot of insurance and you want to throw away your life or become a vegetable go the gently caress ahead, we've been keeping dumbasses from killing themselves for far too long already.

E: and wear leathers and gloves and poo poo holy goddamn gently caress that story someone posted was horrifying.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SimonCat posted:

I really don't understand how someone who is riding a vehicle that the state requires to be insured, registered, and operated by someone with a state provided license, and ridden on a public road in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding usage on the roadways can find being made to wear a helmet a bridge too far in government regulation.

Many of those helmetless riders don't have a license, insurance, or legal registration either. Whenever I've gone through a DUI checkpoint on my motorcycle, the police are much more concerned with just checking that I have the proper endorsement than looking for insurance or seeing if I'm drunk. I asked the policeman once if they caught many people -- he said you'd be surprised.

A guy in CA posted a while back about selling his motorcycle to some kind of sketchy-looking person, then a few months later getting a call from the police accusing him of fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run. Turns out the guy who bought his bike didn't have a license and didn't register the bike in his name, so when he crashed it into a parked car the cops just came looking for the last person in the chain.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 20, 2016

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Now I'm listening.
I wonder if he practiced in that suit because he was way too agile in the thing.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SimonCat posted:

Because they're loving idiots.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Finnegan just pretty much promised that "he knows how to top Stubby Bob" in the latest Roadkill Q&A.

Holy poo poo, I cannot wait to see what they're working on.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KozmoNaut posted:

Finnegan just pretty much promised that "he knows how to top Stubby Bob" in the latest Roadkill Q&A.

Holy poo poo, I cannot wait to see what they're working on.

Well that certainly got my attention again! The Buick episode would've been perfectly fine as part 1 of a two parter if we didn't have to wait a month between episodes and forever before they do something with it again. It looked pretty awesome when they dropped the frame on it but not even starting the engine was pretty lame.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Finnegan really wants to finish it, Freiburger just wants to junk the whole thing.

I think next episode (on MTOD) is going to be a Cummins in a Cadillac. Next episode on Youtube is a dirt track Challenger, which is pretty rad.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
so I know most people hate on Donks, but...

looks like they're smarter than we give them credit for.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Picture pops up every time there's a flood, since maybe 2010. I'm okay with this.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Geirskogul posted:

Picture pops up every time there's a flood, since maybe 2010. I'm okay with this.

I did see a donk in one of the news clips surrounded by 4x4s with snorkles, just driving around like nothing happened.
As long as they are used for automotivr trolling, I'm ok with donks.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSMENm3_Q_8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thank god there's 51 minutes of proof out there I am not the biggest nerd on the planet.