Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!
I was originally just popping into AB from the guild hall to nab the 10 easy hp from the top of Tarir. Then I thought I'd do a bit of gathering and maybe see if I could get to VB. And, well, it was night in VB so I delivered a few pact supplies while I was passing through, and did another couple of hps and then it all got a bit out of hand.

Matriarch was hilarious (bronze), Patriarch I could actually be useful (silver, but i got there pretty late), and Treasure Mushrooms are still post-raid content (x2, gold and bronze).

Luckily, I was in a zone with lots of people who were happy to laugh at me being silly and I didn't get any grief for ~helping~ with the combat hps. 3-4 damage a hit is not to be sneezed* at.

*A sneeze would do more damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Holy poo poo you're insane, I didn't even think about trying that. Congrats man, may you get good loots.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I've been leveling my Rev and it is kind of clunky and awkward to play. Is this something that gets better over time? I'm in the 30s.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

I've been leveling my Rev and it is kind of clunky and awkward to play. Is this something that gets better over time? I'm in the 30s.

The Glint stance from the elite spec makes things a lot better, but while leveling you should probably have Shiro stance up with Jalis on swap. Your weapons are gonna be Sword/X and Staff, with Hammer available for range.

You have a lot of evades and blocks at your disposal; it might help to know what specifically you find "clunky" since it's a pretty mobile class (especially in Shiro stance) and Sword 1 & 2 cut through general PvE pretty well.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in retrospect the revenant wasn't exactly the best class ever and it really felt like they just wanted it to do things that were contrary to the average instead of actually making it all fit together well

also the gw1 references feel kind of weirdly half-assed

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

in retrospect the revenant wasn't exactly the best class ever and it really felt like they just wanted it to do things that were contrary to the average instead of actually making it all fit together well

HOT in a nutshell

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

your sickness is worse than Lonk's

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Joestar posted:

weirdly half-assed

No THIS is HoT in a nutshell.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Johnny Joestar posted:

also the gw1 references feel kind of weirdly half-assed

I do appreciate the ability to throw out a jade wind on a 5 second cool down, though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm genuinely concerned about your health

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Generic Octopus posted:

The Glint stance from the elite spec makes things a lot better, but while leveling you should probably have Shiro stance up with Jalis on swap. Your weapons are gonna be Sword/X and Staff, with Hammer available for range.

You have a lot of evades and blocks at your disposal; it might help to know what specifically you find "clunky" since it's a pretty mobile class (especially in Shiro stance) and Sword 1 & 2 cut through general PvE pretty well.

Oh. I guess I'm just using the wrong stance/weapons. :v: I'll get more hero points and give that a go.

Hey is it possible to take my low level Rev on tuesday HP trains? :D

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

You have more Asura than Charr is really the problem here.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Tsurupettan posted:

Oh. I guess I'm just using the wrong stance/weapons. :v: I'll get more hero points and give that a go.

Hey is it possible to take my low level Rev on tuesday HP trains? :D

We dragged a level 20 ranger through a month or so ago, so yes! Note you won't actually be able to unlock the elite spec until level 80, but at least you'll have the points!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

SlothBear posted:

It's rats all the way down

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Please.

(GWPSA: do not get character slots unless you are certain you can bring yourself to will play it, even if you really really like the name)

e: actually pick a level 2 alt here and after I finish the charr warrior I'll max that out

eventually

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

SlothBear posted:

Forget that, he filled the entire human row but only has 4 Charr? smdh

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

raiding is a mild sickness compared to what some of you are doing

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think there's a name for this condition.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

orcane posted:

I think there's a name for this condition.

charrtism

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
altism

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Ohhh yeah, that's the other reason I was leery of playing a mesmer, all the nice people who portal my incompetent rear end through jumping puzzles for dailies and my slightly irrational thought that either people would expect the same from me, or my general feeling that I ought to.

Christ, I am comedy bad at these things. If I couldn't usually get a free ride when they come up I wouldn't do any at all.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I routinely feel like a shameful excuse for a Mesmer because I'm terrible at jumping puzzles and so can't portal people around on them during things like guild missions.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

neongrey posted:

Ohhh yeah, that's the other reason I was leery of playing a mesmer, all the nice people who portal my incompetent rear end through jumping puzzles for dailies and my slightly irrational thought that either people would expect the same from me, or my general feeling that I ought to.

Christ, I am comedy bad at these things. If I couldn't usually get a free ride when they come up I wouldn't do any at all.

I get the same feeling doing Caudecus's Manor on my thief. It's more work to not skip though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

neongrey posted:

I tend not to portal people when doing the most simple JP's. I'm strange that way that I want to do them myself as well. I can understand wanting to portal some of the more annoying or hard ones (Skipping stones, ugh), though. But I've seen people asking for a portal for the other Southsun cove JP too...

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

(GWPSA: do not get character slots unless you are certain you can bring yourself to will play it, even if you really really like the name)

this is the only reason i buy slots

Kessel posted:

raiding is a mild sickness compared to what some of you are doing

it's the vaccine causing this particular autism

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

neongrey posted:

Fun fact, people during jumping puzzles in guild missions don't listen and are slow, so having multiple mesmers is fine and good. If you suck at jumping puzzles, slot portal anyway, make sure you catch the original mesmer's portal to the end, and if there are stragglers you can still drop down and portal them up. Think of it as extending the first mesmer's utility.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Fun fact, people during jumping puzzles in guild missions don't listen and are slow, so having multiple mesmers is fine and good. If you suck at jumping puzzles, slot portal anyway, make sure you catch the original mesmer's portal to the end, and if there are stragglers you can still drop down and portal them up. Think of it as extending the first mesmer's utility.

Also well/skill spamming for more alacrity is nice

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Has anybody here interest in running sorrows embrace? I want a legendary and need dungeon tokens for it - getting them from PvP takes so much time that it starts to get annoying.

I also have one dungeon path missing for the dungeon master achievement. Sadly its Honor of the Waves. Anyone interested in running that?

I'm also looking for a resource that talks about PvP strategy and tactics.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Harrow posted:

I routinely feel like a shameful excuse for a Mesmer because I'm terrible at jumping puzzles and so can't portal people around on them during things like guild missions.

If you're poo poo at jumping puzzles, you'll want to be a mesmer for them anyway. You can use portals as a sort of 'check point'. Drop one before attempting a tricky jump, and if you don't fall TOO far you can just portal yourself back to where you were. It's slow, but you won't lose progress at least.

This is best done as an alacrity chrono, so you can reduce the portal cooldown.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
you can also slot Mimic, which immediately recharges any utility skill. you use it before you drop the second portal

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Nektu posted:

Has anybody here interest in running sorrows embrace? I want a legendary and need dungeon tokens for it - getting them from PvP takes so much time that it starts to get annoying.

I also have one dungeon path missing for the dungeon master achievement. Sadly its Honor of the Waves. Anyone interested in running that?

Yeah, what the hell. I'll give it a go. Never done either of those before because I didn't want to run with pubbies.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

See this is why I didn't wanna play Charr before.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

See this is why I didn't wanna play Charr before.

Don't lie, this is your alt

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Don't lie, this is your alt

No, these fuckers are everywhere. I saw this in wvw a couple days ago.

GW2 needs fire extinguishers.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
http://www.pcgamer.com/10-of-the-toughest-mmo-raid-bosses-ever/

rofl they listed Teq in this top 10. What even.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Lonk posted:

They even listed Teq right next to Absolute Virtue

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean, I guess Teq is pretty tough if you port in immediately as he spawns and end up with a bunch of people who have no idea what they're doing, but otherwise, well...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lonk posted:

The article is referring to when Tequalt was first introduced and he was extremely difficult during those early months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Alteisen posted:

The article is referring to when Tequalt was first introduced and he was extremely difficult during those early months.

Well yes, but even then why wouldn't they go with something like Triple Wurm? Teq really only needed minor coordination in comparison.

• Locked thread