Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Are they fighting or did Batman rudely swing in front of SuperLame's action pose?

they are merging, with all of the extra mass going straight to batman's titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

He's clearly asking GothamGuy for a Supermammogram but they're busy working guys so they have to wing it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I love Tim Sale but some of these variants really look like he pounded them out in about 15 minutes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gonna assume ultimates

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

I love Tim Sale but some of these variants really look like he pounded them out in about 15 minutes

Like the John Romita Jr. ones?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

Like the John Romita Jr. ones?

Yeah, which is weird, cause JRJR did an entire month of every single comic DC published, Sale is just doing Batman. Maybe he had a Saturday and just did six months worth all at once.

Man some of those JRJR covers were just embarrassing though

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Martian Manhunter one was gorgeous, though, at least imo, but yeah every single other one was just rear end. I think Grayson was the nadir but pretty much every Superman face was the dopiest looking thing anyone has ever drawn.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #10
Previously Mole Man had become infatuated with SG and had begun sinking famous buildings and monuments to pressure her into going out with him.
She's gone to confront him, and one of his monsters has stepped forward professing it's own feelings for MM.

The monster fights SG and she notices how excited MM is getting. She decides to throw the fight to let him completely fall for the monster.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love so much how she and Tony Stark keep messaging and tweeting each other in these.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Gonna assume ultimates

The funnier part is Panther's reaction to the whole thing, which is to stand and watch while the rest fight.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

The funnier part is Panther's reaction to the whole thing, which is to stand and watch while the rest fight.

I just like America instantly grabbing the table after the chair shot like its the first 3 minutes of an ECW match.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

"I'm just here to spy on you idiots for Wakanda, you guys do you."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

I wish I knew where this was from.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Spider-Man/Human Torch.

Written by DAN SLOTT

It's a lot of fun, despite the writer's reputation around here.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Red posted:

I wish I knew where this was from.

The person who scanned this image should probably re-calibrate, unless I missed a period of Spider-Man's comics where his costume was red and forest green.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
You might want to check the settings on your monitor.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It is a very green blue.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chaos Hippy posted:

Holy crap, you're right. I have two monitors here at work and for some reason this one is way off. I can drag my browser over to other monitor and the green turns to blue.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
BSS, correcting monitor color calibration since 2016.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The person who scanned this image should probably re-calibrate, unless I missed a period of Spider-Man's comics where his costume was red and forest green.

:confused:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

John doesn't always agree with Jonah.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

To say nothing of Jameson.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

prefect posted:

- PARKER! STOP POSTING ON THE INTERNET, AND GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN TERRORIZING THE CITY!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
especially when it's about pictures. Pictures of Spiderman!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Parker is always forgetting to white balance.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dario the Wop posted:

Spider-Man/Human Torch.

Written by DAN SLOTT

It's a lot of fun, despite the writer's reputation around here.

This was before Dan Slott got the ASM gig; hell I'm pretty sure this mini is probably what got him the ASM gig. This was when he was writing She-Hulk and most folk around here either liked him or didn't have a problem with him. I recall more than one person saying "Dan Slott should write more high-profile characters!" back then.

And yes the Human Torch/Spider-Man mini is very much worth a drat. The final issue involves Spidey finally unmasking himself to Johnny Storm and the FF joining up with Aunt May/MJ/Peter for family gatherings. It is so cute and heart-warming it'll make you vomit. Plus an extra-cute scene where Johnny talks about how jealous he was of Peter's successes even before he knew he was Spider-Man, saying he had a name for Peter's good fortune-- "The Parker Luck", which makes Peter fall down laughing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ditto that loving single tear lmao

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To the end of my days I will never fully understand why people defend Identity Crisis. It's the really good pencils? It has to be the really good penicls.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't know why I never noticed the solitary tear on Superman's face until it was pointed out just now, but I can't stop laughing at it now.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I just started reading it because the CD comic book movie thread was talking about how bad (or alternately, for a couple people, how good) it was. Solid couple laughs at the writing and single tear immediately.
I will admit Elastic Man or Elongated Man or whatever his name is getting choked up and breaking down at the funeral did kinda get me but im a sucker for that sorta poo poo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Elongated Man's bits in 52 were my favorite parts of the series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

To the end of my days I will never fully understand why people defend Identity Crisis. It's the really good pencils? It has to be the really good penicls.

It's without question the ugliest thing Rags Morales has ever drawn and I am including his early Valiant works in that statement.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry i don't want to keep sharing while I read but :lol: at giving your ex wife a stupid loving crossbow to defend against the super powered rapist murderer whose means of entry are undetectable beyond all known justice league methods

Here bitch take this harquebus, I know I can't stop thinking about how you took half but I'm sure I love you and want you to be okay.

Or is that a magic rear end crossbow or something I'm unaware of? You know, one good guy with a crossbow and Sue Dibney woulda never happened.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wizard is a genius with technology but maybe doesn't have the most street smarts...

And Paste-Pot Pete is a tech expert too but sometimes you don't always have to reinvent the wheel. Picking up a perfectly normal pair of binoculars probably would have done the trick:

Strange Tales #110

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Sorry i don't want to keep sharing while I read but :lol: at giving your ex wife a stupid loving crossbow to defend against the super powered rapist murderer whose means of entry are undetectable beyond all known justice league methods

My favorite bit is how he spends like 2 full pages showcasing all the incredible forensic poo poo Justice Leaguers have available.... and then after we know how Jean Loring did it the question becomes "How the gently caress did no one pick up on that? No seriously how did no one pick up on any of these clues? It's not even like there was some plot-specific bullshit to explain it away like "Source Wall particles" or whatever the gently caress, it's all poo poo that should be found by virtue of Superman showing up and doing a cursory scan of her body. You want to play it like these characters are imperfect or certain resources weren't available? That's one thing. But you spent two full pages hyping up all the ridiculous poo poo the characters can do to find evidence."

Goddamn 12 years and I still hate that book with an extreme passion.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Or is that a magic rear end crossbow or something I'm unaware of?
Us Hawkfans have an unspoken rule that says any weaponry they use is either magic or hi-tech, despite looking ancient (even JLU gave Hawkgirl an electrified mace). They wouldn't (shouldn't!) use the museum pieces in combat. Otherwise they'd just, you know, shatter on Solomon Grundy's face or whatever.

I think the intention, though, is to show Ray Palmer as well-intentioned but oblivious, like many a scientist. It may be terribly clumsy foreshadowing...

And yeah. I hate that book, too.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Elementary my dear Watson, the culprit was the same loving dude that assaulted and raped her X years ago!" :monocle:

Edit: lmao are we sure they didn't accidentally lobotomize every member of the cast?

To be fair I might've found that badass at 15

Wait hahaha you can just take Hawkman down by cutting his dumb backpack strap things?? I thought the poor bastard just had wings. Hahahah sorry Dario and all Hawkfans but that's the saddest thing I've ever seen. "oh no you cut my jansport!!!"

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 21, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That fight becomes even more hilariously bad when you realize that Deathstroke is standing still for 70% of it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm dying here

I love how he just plummets like a loving rock

it's even better somehow that this is apparently some genius Slade move that is the last thing Hawkman would be ready for? You've got like a videogame boss weakpoint on your chest, dude! Please tell me he's not the first person to loving try that???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Wait hahaha you can just take Hawkman down by cutting his dumb backpack strap things?? I thought the poor bastard just had wings. Hahahah sorry Dario and all Hawkfans but that's the saddest thing I've ever seen. "oh no you cut my jansport!!!"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOshutup, he's like Wolverine but better. :mad:

Seriously though, none of the Leaguers were taken down how they would be in a well-written fight. Hawkman's got centuries of fighting experience, plus enhanced strength and healing. But this is a scene where the Flash runs into a sword and a Green Lantern gets his fist broken IIRC.

Also, there's like three other Hawkfans. :(

Hey Fallen, if you liked that, enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k7llLP6e_I