Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is that game any good? I really like exploration-themed games so it seems like it might be cool to play for an hour or two at a time and just look at stuff.

It's pretty rough and I kinda regret buying it lol. It's fun and it's the kinda thing I could get stoned and play for an hour on and off again for a long time but it doesn't lend itself well to big marathon sessions which is this gamer's favorite way to play things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

whats wrong with darkplaces? i dont know

darkplaces is the sourceport for ppl who install HD texture packs and turn on enhanced lighting and particle effects. this is the good one: http://quakespasm.sourceforge.net/download.htm

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thanks!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kazvall sent me a patch that afaik just added he original music and it's epic.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol did darkplaces mess with some of the gameplay or timing variables too cause quakespasm feels faster to me

probably just placebo though

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is that game any good? I really like exploration-themed games so it seems like it might be cool to play for an hour or two at a time and just look at stuff.

It's a really, really lazy port on PC and it's pretty shallow and simplistic but it's also weirdly engaging. If you like dicking around (I do) it can be really fun. If you're not engaged by hoarding loot and getting incrementally better stuff that you don't really need I'd hold out. If you do like that you'll lose a lot of time to it.

It's badly in need of an expansion or 7, but if they build on it there's a ton of potential. Almost reminds me of playing The Sims X, where there's clearly gaps in the game where the previous version had pets, seasons, apartments, etc.

I like it a lot but I also see why a lot of people feel ripped off at $60.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
sir dan fortesque

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I ended up playing Final Fantasy Threatrhythm Curtain Call for like four hours.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the last weekend before classes start

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

medievil holds up better than i thought it would

its fun and looks cool if you like goofy halloween styled stuff but doesn't control as well as a 3d Nintendo game of the same time.

I can't find the picture I posted millenia ago of my cousin's pirate medievil 2 cover art

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got the True Final Ending in VLR. Gotta start on ZTD now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Started playing The World Ends With You. This game has an overwhelming combat system

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Started playing The World Ends With You. This game has an overwhelming combat system

its great

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I couldn't get the hang of it, it kicked my rear end, but it's super unique and interesting.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

every time you get the hang of it you change day and basically have to learn everything from scratch again. It's a busy game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FactsAreUseless posted:

I couldn't get the hang of it, it kicked my rear end, but it's super unique and interesting.

I got it down enough to beat it but some of those extra bosses were brutal

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been playing GTA V, but instead of playing normally I'm walking around slowly in first person and obeying the traffic laws. When people cut me off and crash into me I jump out of my car and beat them up though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Been playing GTA V, but instead of playing normally I'm walking around slowly in first person and obeying the traffic laws. When people cut me off and crash into me I jump out of my car and beat them up though.

This is some of the finest gaming to be had.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

yeah i do that too lol

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

same

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

That game has an incredible combat system and it's the kind of poo poo I've always dreamed games would do. Juggling multiple systems at once both in strategy and reflexes, simply fantastic.

Also, be patient with Josh, cause he eventually gets an upgrade that makes him a goddamn beast and you'll never want to let him go

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the world ends with you is honestly one of the best jrpg's ever made.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It reminds me of Valkyrie Profile cranked up to 11.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

frank.club posted:

the world ends with you is honestly one of the best jrpg's ever made.

its easily on the top 10 games ive ever played

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I like the phone version better than the DS one :twisted: honestly they did a really good overhaul of the battle system to make it work on 1 screen and the music and graphics are a million times better

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

That game has an incredible combat system and it's the kind of poo poo I've always dreamed games would do. Juggling multiple systems at once both in strategy and reflexes, simply fantastic.

Also, be patient with Josh, cause he eventually gets an upgrade that makes him a goddamn beast and you'll never want to let him go

I really loved the top screen combat to the point that I would use pins that let me more or less autopilot the bottom screen while I mostly focused on the top. That game is so unique.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Loved how the guitars in "Transformation" kick in just as fights start.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I was a teenager who loved nine inch nails and doom when quake came out and it blew my loving mind

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

That was a reply to a post from a couple pages back

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Also it's Tuesday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark Souls III. Dark Cloud 2 is on sale on PSN so I might pick that up and mess around with it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh and the Titanfall 2 free weekend if the servers work.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm playing in a sm4sh tournament for 100 big bucks (in amazon gift card form)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

First run of Zero Mission . Just reached Ridley. This game owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Overwatch, FF Threatrhythm

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Titanfall 2 beta and Boxboy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008