Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

Who the gently caress would listen to an Opie show when there's a perfectly good Bennington show to listen to?

So Opie is so pissed that he's going to change timeslots so he doesn't even have to see Jimmy? Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So Opie is so pissed that he's going to change timeslots so he doesn't even have to see Jimmy? Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-CsWY0PqJI&feature=youtu.be&t=6m45s

it was opie that wanted to move to afternoons :ssh:

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 17, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

He has wanted to move back to an afternoon block for as long as I listened to the program (8 years).

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I hope it stays this way for the next month or so. Let Op do afternoons with Marc, Sherrod, Henley and keep Jim and Sam like 3 days a week and that'll be great.

Deep down you know he is so bothered that people love Jim and Sam together and all the good reviews are getting to him so he is pulling these backstage strings to avoid a conflict for the last 60 or so days

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

A TURGID FATSO posted:

He has wanted to move back to an afternoon block for as long as I listened to the program (8 years).

Yes, it came out after Anthony was fired that Opie wanted afternoons and Anthony didn't.. and from what I gather Jim was the one who decided the split because he's a comedian who tours the country and being able to dip out at 9am/10am and catch a flight on a Thursday or Friday is much better for the show than him just not being there because he's already on said flight during the afternoon.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Why didn't Ant want afternoons? He's an alcoholic whose only complaint about the job was having to wake up early.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

jyrka posted:

Why didn't Ant want afternoons? He's an alcoholic whose only complaint about the job was having to wake up early.

I think he liked going home at 10am and taking naps, then just getting hammered from 5pm-midnight every day and waking up at 4:30-5am to do the show.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
His commute would have probably been a lot shittier for an afternoon show too.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I get his point I guess. When I had a job with shifts it was always better to have an early shift so you'd get the rest of the day for yourself. Later shifts would somehow eat up the whole day.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

jyrka posted:

I get his point I guess. When I had a job with shifts it was always better to have an early shift so you'd get the rest of the day for yourself. Later shifts would somehow eat up the whole day.

It's that way for most people.. even if you're going into work in the late afternoon or evening and have several hours of the day before, the drive to do things just isn't there. At least in a way that is as strong as being off work already and having your day.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

T Bowl posted:

Yes, it came out after Anthony was fired that Opie wanted afternoons and Anthony didn't.. and from what I gather Jim was the one who decided the split because he's a comedian who tours the country and being able to dip out at 9am/10am and catch a flight on a Thursday or Friday is much better for the show than him just not being there because he's already on said flight during the afternoon.

My bad. I think my two years away from the show gave me a bit of a memory wipe.

Also, is there a reason why they have to go live with their radio show? I remember Ron taping shows for air when he was in jury duty. Are callers that big of a part of the show that they need to do five live shows a week? They could probably do two hardcore days of taping and come up with a week's worth of shows and do it that way. Yeah, it might be a compromise on the hours or such, but everybody should be happy. Make it Monday and Tuesday just to get poo poo out of the way early so Jim can tour/Opie can pretend to be funny/Ant drink and hunt trannies in Time Square.

These guys really didn't think outside the box too much, did they?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Sirius pays for a live show and wants all the stupid celebrities doing the PR walk to stop by. But it would have been funny if they did isdn from home or rigged up some webcams so the guest would have to talk to two different tvs and Jim Norton playing on his phone.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Call Me Charlie posted:

Sirius pays for a live show and wants all the stupid celebrities doing the PR walk to stop by. But it would have been funny if they did isdn from home or rigged up some webcams so the guest would have to talk to two different tvs and Jim Norton playing on his phone.

They also want live reactions to news and other poo poo, trust me.. live is much better for a show like this...taping essentially makes it a podcast which there are literally dozens and dozens of comedy podcasts that would be better to listen to if that's the route they took.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Can someone give me context on The Bonfire's "SHAMPOO?!" thing? I know it's a one word impression of Joe DeRosa but does it come from somewhere or have any basis of origin?

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?
There's a long-lived morning show around here where the main host sometimes skypes into the studio or something. You can absolutely hear the difference between who's in the studio and who isn't.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

Can someone give me context on The Bonfire's "SHAMPOO?!" thing? I know it's a one word impression of Joe DeRosa but does it come from somewhere or have any basis of origin?

I think he had a joke in his act where the punchline was him getting indignant about shampoo (for some reason) and then repeating the word over and over again.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

80s James Hetfield posted:

Haha, this is my favorite

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

and Colmes

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

This whole week has been great but that may be the best part of it

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Oh, O&A subreddit!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...242aa?section=&

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

AHMee sHuMMmer, iS a bUmmEr, arE SuMthIn

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

quote:

Rumor has it that Opie, of Opie Radio on Sirius xm, was directing all of these negative reviews. From what I read, he's angry she won't do his show. So, he wants to take her down. So, he told his loyal followers that he is the Destroyer and he wants Shumers career taintd. So, that was the first attack on Amazon. So, from what else I read, there will be another attack and to listen to the signal on his next live broadcast to commence the attack.

I don't know guys. You guys think this is real? You guys think this Opie character, with a massive influence over his loyal followers, will continue to try an sabotage Amy's career? This isn't fair to Amy. She has been on a huge role as of late. Starring in the timeless classic cartoon, The Chip Chipperson Show and now this book. Poor Amy, shame on Opie and his mindless followers.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
It baffles my mind how Opie doesn't get that when people finally get famous they get extremely more busy and can't just come to NYC and sit around for 4 hours and talk on a radio show for no money.

He wouldn't dare attack Louis CK like that who used to be able to do the show at will before he finally made it big.

He really is a loving idiot.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
NOT to ruin the joke, but that's actually all a hoax made up by the /r/O&A community. Opie isn't directing those formerly known as 'pests' to attack Amy. They're doing it of their own volition and then all decided they'd claim Opie was the one orchestrating it. Nobody even likes Opie anymore. It's all a plot to manipulate dumb mediaites into thinking that is the case.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Case in point, some of the posts:

"Why is Opie trying to convince everyone that Patton Oswalt murdered his wife?"

"What did opie mean when he said he was going to lure Leslie Jones into the studio with a piece of prime rib and "chester" her?"

"I'm starting to think Opie's the bad guy around here. Remember when he boasted about spitting in disabled peoples' food when he worked at the hospital?"

And here's an excerpt from another article:

quote:

As The Week reports, "Nettled, perhaps, by the book's success, or by the fact that a female comic's business acumen landed her one of the most lucrative celebrity book deals in the business, a small group of fans of the now-defunct Opie and Anthony radio show are trying to sabotage the comedian by leaving fake one-star book reviews." Opie and Anthony, for those unfamiliar, was a profligately racist radio show that fired its titular Anthony back in 2014 for a Twitter rant in which he accused a black woman of hitting him, calling her a "savage" and a "lying oval office," and writing that black people "aren't people." So, to be clear, this is the caliber of humans we're dealing with: Reddit bros who idolize a macro Reddit bro who tweeted that he was preyed upon by a "savage violent animal gently caress" because he was white.

Yesterday, these tragic figures decided to create fake accounts and purposefully tank Schumer's ratings, urging each other to "Do your part. Submit more reviews. It’s still too high at 2.4 stars." Fortunately, these men are incapable of putting comprehensible sentences together; should any relatively intelligent person take a minute to read the fake reviews, they'd likely dismiss them instantaneously. "My friend Steve from Yellowstone recommended this book to me, though I couldn't understand him since he was yelling to his friend Ramon for some reason. I don't know what he was thinking recommending this to me. He must have been pranking me or something," reads one. "My daughter purchased this book and his [sic] come away from it loathing men. I was afraid of this but didn’t want to be a bigot. I’ll never have my sensible little girl back," reads another.
As has been the case for some time, the subreddit is the show now.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Ok I have to admit doing this whole thing and blaming it on opie is funnier than I ever gave the pests credit for being

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Ok I have to admit doing this whole thing and blaming it on opie is funnier than I ever gave the pests credit for being
I don't think the reddit guys are the same breed as the "pests." The pests are more the Bobo/Big A type of fan, the guys at reddit actively hate everyone involved with the radio show. The pests post dirty pictures on people's facebook pages, the reddit guys get Joe Cumia's gigs canceled.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
I think a lot of the pests (de)evolved into the redditors.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Cromulent posted:

I don't think the reddit guys are the same breed as the "pests." The pests are more the Bobo/Big A type of fan, the guys at reddit actively hate everyone involved with the radio show. The pests post dirty pictures on people's facebook pages, the reddit guys get Joe Cumia's gigs canceled.

So, basically, the Reddit guys are unimpeachably awesome? Scumbag who pays children with Anthony's money to spit into his mouth for reasons of sexual gratification.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Apoplexy posted:

So, basically, the Reddit guys are unimpeachably awesome? Scumbag who pays children with Anthony's money to spit into his mouth for reasons of sexual gratification.

stop derailing this thread about Rich Vos' upcoming gig September 19th at Bananas in Poughkeepsie

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Apoplexy posted:

quote:

Yes he does. Rumor has it for an extra fee he gets his saggy tits fondled.

quote:

I heard that he tricked some kids into spitting and then ran off without paying.

quote:

Is Joe really paying if he using Anthony's money? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "Anthony Cumia pays children to spit in his brother, Joe Cumia's mouth"
This is just one thread.

And yes, they've gotten multiple 2U gigs cancelled because of Joe's various racist Facebook posts. This was after he threatened people with physical violence and bragged how happy and well-off he was (again, Joe, not Ant).

Also, Ant doxxed people, leading to his own subreddit getting shut down.

Seriously, it's something every few weeks there. I can't stop lurking, and it always pays off.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Apoplexy posted:

NOT to ruin the joke, but that's actually all a hoax made up by the /r/O&A community. Opie isn't directing those formerly known as 'pests' to attack Amy. They're doing it of their own volition and then all decided they'd claim Opie was the one orchestrating it. Nobody even likes Opie anymore. It's all a plot to manipulate dumb mediaites into thinking that is the case.

Are you saying they're MANIPULATING the hate?.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
But above all else

REAL

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Sideshow Boberts is getting some attention after asking Brock Lesnar if he would wrestle Connor McGregor at some doofy WWE thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgP26W_Ol8Q

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
Reminder that Brock Lunkhead Lesnar is who they rushed Norm MacDonald out of the studio for on what would be his first and last appearance on the O&A show

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Jimmy Morton

"comic's comic"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
found on the oanda subreddit. scorch talking about anthony's firing is peak scorch

https://streamable.com/cax5

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm having mild deja-vu about the overly loud music bed

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
why did esd jerk off bobo

did that actually happen