Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Mr. 47 posted:

Whatever happened to the guy who rented a room from the crazy guy who lived in a bathtub in his own poo poo?

That was Martin Random, and after reading his other threads I pretty much added it to things_that_never_happened.txt. It was still funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Most of my favorites have been posted already, but one that sticks out in my mind was a thread from 2008 or earlier, about a goon who was tutoring a girl named Hannah. She had to write a story for school and it was this insane, convoluted, horribly misspelled trainwreck about Muslims and bacon that the OP posted for our pleasure. Someone ended up doing a hilarious reading of it, but that has since disappeared into the Internet void. It also brought us this rarely-used smiley: :fyh:

gently caress YOU HANNAH

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

nomad2020 posted:

There was a guy putting videos up on his self designed ridable hexapod robot. (too many hexapods on Youtube for me to find) He seemed like a nice guy if not eccentric. The memorable part is where goons bought him an SA account and proceeded to weird him out trying to diagnose what sort of autism he had. Last I knew he got the robot moving and got a deal for a toy version, but never quite got the turret-seat to work the way he wanted.

Does anyone know how that goon slave labor camp in Hawaii ended up? I was talked out of it by more sane people.

Oh that guy! I still follow him on Youtube. He moved his whole family onto a remote island in Panama? or something and posts videos of them washing clothes in the river and poo poo. He's also been building a boat for like 2 solid years and I think has an open invitation to join him and his family building cool poo poo on his island.

I'm on mobile so I can't link his profile so here's his latest video

https://youtu.be/XgmIGxCDUCg

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
- TobleroneTriangular (someone please post the triangle chart I don't have it)

- The Propesting/Fauxtesting heyday was awesome. All of the Geno invasions of Habbo Hotel and harassing actual protesters with signs asking about pistachios, "down with this sort of thing", etc.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

- TobleroneTriangular (someone please post the triangle chart I don't have it)

I think my favorite part of TT coming clean was the reveal that despite managing to nail the uniquely American style of mentally ill libertarian writing, he was actually English.

TobleroneTriangular posted:

There's a very good reason I was so vague about what the American Constitution actually comprises of at the same time as I was demanding absolute loyalty to it. The pain I went to to make sure that no characteristic British language or spellings crept into what I was writing was hellish, especially in the twenty page long replies. There are some topics I actively stayed away from because I wasn't sure if my use of language would give me away. I remember ducking out of at least one discussion on toll roads in the US because I didn't feel confident enough that I wouldn't make some slip up about turnpikes or autos or freeways or Christ knows what.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Trolling teapartycommunity.com into collapse is probably my first real memory of this forum.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

There was a goon proud of his life style and how good job he was doing at custody parenting. Except he was enforcing whole set of bizzare rules, like kids are forbidden to talk to him for two hours after he gets back from work because he needed to wind down playing video games. More and more details were unveiled with time, like loving every woman he ever met, while calling his ex-wife a slut in front of the (pre-teen) kids. Anyone else remembers this?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

phasmid posted:

And later on the consensus became "ah well, poo poo happens." gently caress internet detectives.

Nah, the consensus became "isn't Reddit terrible for doing this" while actively ignoring that goons did the exact same thing.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
The one that convinced me to sign up was one of the "found diary" threads, said diary being written by a girl named Andee or Andi or something like that. I think it was fairly routine right up to the part where a guy shared his popcorn with her, and to show her appreciation for this free popcorn she went down on him.

But the Naked King of Shoreditch will always be my favorite.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

laserghost posted:

There was a goon proud of his life style and how good job he was doing at custody parenting. Except he was enforcing whole set of bizzare rules, like kids are forbidden to talk to him for two hours after he gets back from work because he needed to wind down playing video games. More and more details were unveiled with time, like loving every woman he ever met, while calling his ex-wife a slut in front of the (pre-teen) kids. Anyone else remembers this?

think this is LLJKsilk or something, dude is weird as hell

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

shelley posted:

think this is LLJKsilk or something, dude is weird as hell

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722560&userid=81302

quote:

That being said, I'm not an emotions-on-my-sleeve kind of guy in any event. I talk openly with my kids, and try to do activities with them. On Friday nights we go to comic shops and they play Magic with the other nerds, etc. Sometimes we play video games together, and do joint Minecraft servers. One thing you won't usually find though is me weeping and laying it all out there. That being said, I'm worlds better than my father and his father when it comes to being able to relate emotionally. I come from a long line of hardass men.

I run a disciplined household, everybody knows what is expected of them, and as long as they keep up with expectations there is no punishment and everything runs smoothly. Everyone is on board with it, and punishments only occur when people do hard-headed stupid poo poo.

I caught a lot of flack here because I slept with 30+ women during my divorce from 2009-2010, and eventually got a vasectomy after impregnating my babysitter (who then had an abortion that I paid for.)

I'm more focused on woodworking, motorcycle riding, and other hobbies than getting laid nowadays.

In a moment of frustration nearly 4 years ago I priced out military academies and decided that it was not something I could afford. It happened as a result of CPS being called for like the 2nd or 3rd time in a row because of his behavior.

I run my own security system because I keep lots of expensive poo poo in my house, and would love to i.d. anyone responsible for entering.

My Meyer's Brigg personality type is INTJ. I've been told that I come off as robotic which may be relevant to how I'm perceived not being exactly what I'm trying to convey. 1%-2% of the population apparently share this personality type according to what I've read, so it is possible that it contributes to misunderstanding.

He's fed, clothed, and has more than I did at his age when it comes to entertainment options and support for hobbies/extracurriculars. I could be a Muslim and subject him to bloodletting on Ramadan. Let's try to keep the degrees of what is going on reasonable.

As I said, it is a pretty passive check. I review chat logs, etc. via spot check to see if there is an issue. I wasn't particularly concerned, and my mom's brother is a cop who works at a school and constantly deals with drugs, etc. so she's super paranoid about poo poo and has been having talks with him about not doing drugs when he goes into high school next year.

I'm pretty sure all she was wanting to hear was "no drugs."

Obviously I'm in I.T. so it isn't difficult for me to check these things without leaving a trace or even making it known that I'm doing so. Even if I did find something objectionable, I'm not going to blow a prime avenue of information that may or may not come in handy when he's plotting a girl sneaking into the house after everyone is in bed 5 years from now.

I color code underwear. For instance, I purchase Gail all blue underwear and Mike all red underwear because I like to be able to sort things without thinking about it laundry-wise.

I get extremely upset if family members purchase things that don't fit in my color coding system because I like to simplify the process of laundry.

I have two controllers for my X-box, but I don't allow the kids to use them. I make them buy their own controllers if they want to play, because I don't trust them not to dork up the control sticks.
I use paper plates/plastic cups a lot, but when it comes to dishes I also purchase color coded dishes they are required to wash themselves.
Any toys/etc. have to fit inside of a 4'x2' box (each kid has one) or else they are given away to goodwill. This pretty much limits the amount of junk in the house.
For one hour after I return home from work I tell everyone in the house not to disturb me if it isn't an emergency because I like to relax/unwind before making sure dinner is fixed. (actual cooked meal every day, not microwaved poo poo)

I automatically have the internet shut off at certain times on school nights/weekends to act as a trigger for when it is time to do chores.

The primary function of CPS is to enroll as many people in government programs as possible so as to justify asking for more federal money and budget increases. If CPS cared about children at all, they'd have some actually helpful things instead of going down their administrative code procedures which always includes "get the parent to sign a "parenting plan" that includes forced services." Instead, children are consistently murdered, beaten to within an inch of their life, and all sorts of other things that CPS always fails to prevent. Of course, by all means use the resources available to "investigate" someone who is apparently mean by enforcing house rules just like Supernanny.

The only difference between CPS and the Police is a gun on the hip. I don't talk to police, and I don't talk to any other government agency because I do indeed hold them in contempt.

It was pretty funny during the first CPS investigation when I was told I was being investigated I told her I'd be investigating her and ended up pulling up her address, phone number, etc. from government records and sent her a link to her Myspace where she referred to herself as "Mz HotLipz" and showed off a ton of cleavage for her profile picture. Her supervisor called me and apologized, and they closed the case.

Then the thread mostly derails into a slapfight about how corrupt and useless CPS is and how no one should ever cooperate with an agent of the government etc.

It quickly became obvious that the behavior that the kid was exhibiting was almost exactly like how the OP acts when confronting authority figures (total contempt and disrespect) with a dose of pstd from past sexual abuse and the OP thought he could just rationalize the kid's problems away. It took a literal mod challenge for the OP to actually schedule time with a therapist for the kid and a few dozen pages of "oh well I'll look into it"

pentyne has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Aug 18, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Circa 2005 or so Operation Clambake was widely discussed in GBS and we started making pro-Xenu posters for fun. Eventually the founder of OC joined SA and while he didn't seem to fully understand who or what we were, enjoyed the enthusiasm and the awareness. I ended up being Goony as hell and having a sit down meeting with my university's student association to try and get authorization to put these posters up around campus. All but 1 person voted no, I think the one that voted yes was a goon too. I ended up just posting them in my dorm for fun.

Charles Bukowski has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

pentyne posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722560&userid=81302

Then the thread mostly derails into a slapfight about how corrupt and useless CPS is and how no one should ever cooperate with an agent of the government etc.

It quickly became obvious that the behavior that the kid was exhibiting was almost exactly like how the OP acts when confronting authority figures (total contempt and disrespect) with a dose of pstd from past sexual abuse and the OP thought he could just rationalize the kid's problems away. It took a literal mod challenge for the OP to actually schedule time with a therapist for the kid and a few dozen pages of "oh well I'll look into it"

Holy poo poo. Wasn't that the guy that had a 3rd kid that never bathed and pissed himself all the time? And something about in-house cameras? Or am I thinking of another person?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Professor of Cats posted:

Holy poo poo. Wasn't that the guy that had a 3rd kid that never bathed and pissed himself all the time? And something about in-house cameras? Or am I thinking of another person?

Same person. He spent some time bringing a parade of different women around his children, couldn't stop himself from loving their babysitter and getting her pregnant, etc. The younger son was the one he kept saying he was extremely sure wasn't his but never wanted to get a DNA test and a ton of people pointed out that he was treating that kid like an extension of the ex-wife who was allegedly crazy (and also abused the kid) and even young children can pick up on the fact that they are treated differently then their other siblings and it can gently caress them up.

It's pretty hilarious because it was a few dozen pages of "holy gently caress get therapy for this kid he has some serious issues and beating him isn't going to solve anything" while the OP dithered and talked about how it was too expensive/time consuming until a mod actually threatened to ban him and suddenly the next post was "I've called and made an appointment for the next week".

He has a major camera set up in his house for all his expensive tech toys, makes his kids keep all their personal possessions in a 4'x2' box otherwise they have to throw it away, is in what he describes as a 'polyamorous' relationship by dating several women at once, and doesn't let his kids play with his xbox unless they buy their own controllers because "they'll gently caress up the joysticks"

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Did TheSwami actually meet all those crazy women or was that fiction or somewhere inbetween or wha?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

pentyne posted:

Same person. He spent some time bringing a parade of different women around his children, couldn't stop himself from loving their babysitter and getting her pregnant, etc. The younger son was the one he kept saying he was extremely sure wasn't his but never wanted to get a DNA test and a ton of people pointed out that he was treating that kid like an extension of the ex-wife who was allegedly crazy (and also abused the kid) and even young children can pick up on the fact that they are treated differently then their other siblings and it can gently caress them up.

It's pretty hilarious because it was a few dozen pages of "holy gently caress get therapy for this kid he has some serious issues and beating him isn't going to solve anything" while the OP dithered and talked about how it was too expensive/time consuming until a mod actually threatened to ban him and suddenly the next post was "I've called and made an appointment for the next week".

He has a major camera set up in his house for all his expensive tech toys, makes his kids keep all their personal possessions in a 4'x2' box otherwise they have to throw it away, is in what he describes as a 'polyamorous' relationship by dating several women at once, and doesn't let his kids play with his xbox unless they buy their own controllers because "they'll gently caress up the joysticks"

The best part of the thread is the bike pic and then everybody ganging up on the guy when he's unable to play Pretend Puppetmaster. Goddamn, that was a good read.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
LLjjISiLK or whatever made me LOL because he would insist, in every post, that he was logical, unemotional and orderly. And also in every post, he would be flying into a rage over something minor, taking major offense at ordinary behavior of teachers/whoever and attempting to gently caress everything that moved.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

ProperCoochie posted:

Did TheSwami actually meet all those crazy women or was that fiction or somewhere inbetween or wha?

He was in Tucson, wasn't he? Probably all of his stories are accurate.

ComputerNinja
Aug 8, 2003
What?
Pork Pro
I can't remember the name of it or anything, but there was this book written by some 16 year old kid I think. It was so terribly written. Then a bunch of goons wrote their own short stories related to it. I couldn't find it in the SAcyclopedia.

Also Genos and the Coke thing.

edit: just found the name of the first thing: Horrors by Ben Biddick

ComputerNinja has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Aug 19, 2016

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Football Funhouse had a pretty okay and funny mod who ended up being a creep of some sort. Not surprising

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ComputerNinja posted:

I can't remember the name of it or anything, but there was this book written by some 16 year old kid I think. It was so terribly written. Then a bunch of goons wrote their own short stories related to it. I couldn't find it in the SAcyclopedia.

Also Genos and the Coke thing.

edit: just found the name of the first thing: Horrors by Ben Biddick

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3149605&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
There was also a typed novel a goon found in a library about people on a rocket ship going to jupiter or something. I think it was written like a scifi intrigue political thriller. It was hilariously bad and weird iirc.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

ProperCoochie posted:

Did he write a short story about hitchhiking? I remember it being pretty good whoever did it.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

There was also a typed novel a goon found in a library about people on a rocket ship going to jupiter or something. I think it was written like a scifi intrigue political thriller. It was hilariously bad and weird iirc.

That reminded me of a goon who moved into a new apartment and found a bunch of notebooks with these like dark Super Mario stories. I think in the story Mario thought the Princess was cheating on him with Luigi.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Are you thinking Bio Apocalypse? That was hand written and drawn though.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

The_end posted:

Who remembers the thread where some goon found out the reason his internet was lagging was due to his neighbor stealing his cable?
He took matters into his own hand and fashioned a coaxial killer. Which was a cable adapter hooked up to a plug. He used it to zap the bootleg cable line.

That was the thread that made me join the forums. OP was Pimpsolo (?) I think. He posted a video of himself using his device to blow out his neighbor's tv by feeding the electricity to the bootleg cable line. He suddenly went quiet after doing it and we started making crazy photoshops regarding his fate. Most involved gruesome revenge at the hands of his redneck neighbors.

What really happened is that some goon forwarded the thread to his local police department and they sent a squad car to his house.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
does anyone remember that one deviant art girl who wrote like a 10000 word story about this hot guy who was actually a were-rollercoaster and like would transform into this like super powered dragon coaster and then he went to amusement park world to fight the bad rollercoaster and save the universe?

the writign was epic and there were tons of great pictures and descriptions of how rollercoasters get eacother pregnant and stuf lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ollu posted:

What really happened is that some goon forwarded the thread to his local police department and they sent a squad car to his house.
goons ruin everything

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Nooner posted:

does anyone remember that one deviant art girl who wrote like a 10000 word story about this hot guy who was actually a were-rollercoaster and like would transform into this like super powered dragon coaster and then he went to amusement park world to fight the bad rollercoaster and save the universe?

the writign was epic and there were tons of great pictures and descriptions of how rollercoasters get eacother pregnant and stuf lol

Twisted! by Miranda Leek

Phone posting so I can't find these illustrations but they are insanely great

Also 10000 words is understating things, poo poo is a full on novel

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it's funny how accurate everything but putting himself as true neutral is

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Oh, that reminds me. Remember when Three Olives posted literally anything?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

First person I put on ignore :toot:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Was it SA that raided the forum that had like 100 users operated by one really lonely person.

They'd have full conversations with themselves and everything.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

huh odd i could have sworn he put abe as lawful good, which i always thought was cringe-inducingly sycophantic
himself as chaotic neutral is pretty appropriate though

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
There was a guy who wrote a script to put everyone on his ignore list and he crashed the forums.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dillbag posted:

There was a guy who wrote a script to put everyone on his ignore list and he crashed the forums.

oh I thought he did it to everyone individually no I think he sucks

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Probably mentioned already, but what about that motel goon? He had all these stories working at a lovely hotel with a Mr. Comstock who had modified the bed to have a dildo in it or the quadrapalegic woman who shat herself. Was probably a throw away story but it stuck with me as distinctly goons.

Oh and Edgecrusher! His pool sharking stories! Whatever happened to that guy.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Is there a link to the "juice" thread in TCC? Some kind of synthetic drug that tended to send people straight to either the ER or a psych ward with no knowledge of doing insane stuff like getting in fights with police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

da joose