Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Lungboy posted:

What would be the closest current mouse to the G9?

G303, trust me on this. If they make another G9 version with an optical sensor I'll be replacing my G303 with it, but the only mouse that I have found even close to the G9 is the G303.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

Megalixir posted:

G303, trust me on this. If they make another G9 version with an optical sensor I'll be replacing my G303 with it, but the only mouse that I have found even close to the G9 is the G303.

I'd agree but probably more for the small grip than the wide one, though.

I've spoken positive about the Zowie FK1 earlier in this thread, but that mouse developed tracking issues rather quickly, so I just bought a second G303.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Skuto posted:

I've spoken positive about the Zowie FK1 earlier in this thread, but that mouse developed tracking issues rather quickly, so I just bought a second G303.

Long shot, but did you check the lens on your FK1 when it started having tracking issues? I had some serious issues with my FK tracking as well and it's because their lens cover is a massive dust magnet, I had to clean the thing basically weekly otherwise it got real weird.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Long shot, but did you check the lens on your FK1 when it started having tracking issues? I had some serious issues with my FK tracking as well and it's because their lens cover is a massive dust magnet, I had to clean the thing basically weekly otherwise it got real weird.

It probably is. IIRC I even posted pictures in this thread of that lens cover because other posters were curious if it was as bad as their previous designs.

I have more money than time so buying another G303 (which I was very satisfied with - it's better than the Zowie for me) was preferable over weekly annoyance followed by cleaning time.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Armitage_Shanks posted:

MX Master I got to replace the bad ratchet in the wheel has now lost anything coming from mouse 4, the thumbwheel and thumb button after a month and a bit. Ticket open with Logitech but I have no hope that this isn't another hardware fault and another RMA.. Am I the only person having quality problems with MX Masters?

I bought an MX Master a few months ago and had to return it to the store after 6 days when the ratchet failed. The second one lasted about 10 days before the ratchet failed again. Luckily they both failed within the 30 day window where I was able to return to the shop and walk out with a replacement rather than wait for an RMA, and the third one has lasted a few months since then. (I'm not even a heavy user - this was at home where I used it for maybe a couple of hours every few days)

I had a scare at one point where the third seemed to have lost all comms with the dongle (worked fine over Bluetooth to my laptop) and thought I would have to RMA it, but that just turned out that the dongle had become unpaired somehow.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

New Logitech model, G303 in non-weird shape:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/pro-gaming-mouse

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh, that's nice, it's got the same sensor as the 303 and 502 and IS BLEEPING $70 BUCKS WHAT THE BLEEPING BLEEP

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 16, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
as a consumer whore who hated the shape of the 303 . . . probably buying that :saddowns:

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Price and braided cable ruins it for me.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

With a name like Pro you know it's gonna sell a ton of mice. No weird numbers to learn, just gimme the pro one!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah that looks pretty much exactly like a G303 with a more reasonable shape (almost identical to the G100 basically). $70 is a bit much sure, but that's the same price the 303 launched at too, and same price as the Final Mouse (lol). I guess this is the mouse there had been a lot of glimpses of from pro players as of lately.

Here's a review from OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1608862/logitech-g-pro-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino
Looks pretty nice, not for me though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah, gently caress that poo poo. G100 was a great mouse because of the price point, this is just absurd.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Death adder chroma on sale for $37 Amazon/best buy.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah that looks pretty much exactly like a G303 with a more reasonable shape (almost identical to the G100 basically). $70 is a bit much sure, but that's the same price the 303 launched at too, and same price as the Final Mouse (lol). I guess this is the mouse there had been a lot of glimpses of from pro players as of lately.

Here's a review from OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1608862/logitech-g-pro-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino
Looks pretty nice, not for me though.
It's about time, but man are they milking demand with that ridiculous price haha

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They're selling a $20 mouse for $70 and I'm going to buy one.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I've been used to the shape of G303 (while it notoriously hosed up the wrists of many) but I had to mod it with Guntape strips (great stuff) and I wouldn't rule out that I could still prefer the shape of this new one.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Trisk posted:

Does this mean the g303 is being discontinued? I'm wondering if I should pick it up now since I loved the shape of the 302 and might want to upgrade to the 303, go for the pro now that it might be replaced...

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Just picked up a G502 Spectrum because my 602's Mouse wheel has been acting up, and holy poo poo this is one hell of a mouse. Perfect shape, great buttons, not too many thumb buttons but not too few, cool lights, braided cloth cable but it's not stiff like the ones on their previous mice. my only con is that the wheel isn't rubberized, but they improved it in other ways such as having a more tactile click while scrolling than the other hyper scroll wheels offered, so I can look past that. Love the finish, thought I wouldn't like the textured rubber sides but turns out I love it. basically feels like an mx518 but better in basically every way. 5.5/5

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 17, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Audax posted:

Death adder chroma on sale for $37 Amazon/best buy.

Link? I'm seeing it at $56

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Deviant posted:

Link? I'm seeing it at $56

looks like it's over

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

astral posted:

looks like it's over

I thought I was in the stock trading thread and this was super confusing

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
If anyone is looking to replace their MX 1000, the Logitech Master is a good alternative. Not as good, but still good.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Ok I'm at 3/3 of my last three Logitech mice having wonky as gently caress poo poo happen with the scroll wheel, not sure why I keep throwing my money at them. What's the best non Logitech mouse if you like a G500s style shape?

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I love my death adder but razer keeps doing annoying things with their build quality. Admittedly these problems didn't kick in until 2-3 years of use.

First DA the sides collected grime, the middle mouse button stopped working (thanks ArmA2 action menu), the matte coat started wearing, and it started double clicking with single clicks.

Second DA many issues were rectified but this one the rubber grips are falling off now, still functional however.

Any recs to get these rubber grips back on? How is the chroma in comparison to the 2013 version?

Any recommendations for a mouse that is similar to the DA? In case I get sick of just random stuff malfunctioning and/or falling off my mouse?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

Ok I'm at 3/3 of my last three Logitech mice having wonky as gently caress poo poo happen with the scroll wheel, not sure why I keep throwing my money at them. What's the best non Logitech mouse if you like a G500s style shape?

Every time I decide I'm going to try something non logitech I just regret it. Even though I've had problems with a few logitechs, other mice just aren't as nice. I've gone through plenty of Razer mice with double click problems and squeaky as gently caress wheels, but they also just don't feel as well built as even an MX518, which I still own a few of, all perfectly functional. The only mouse I ever thought had a decent shape that wasn't razer was the Corsair m65 optical, but that isn't too much like a g500, more like a g9.

btw, did Logitech start not giving a poo poo about customer service some time that I didn't notice? I remember getting replacements shipped 2 day to me for free whenever I had a problem: g500, G something keyboard, g518, hell I remember asking them for a replacement cable for the G700, that I could pay money for, and they just sent me a new g700 and told me to toss the old one. but I've been waiting 2 weeks for a reply from them about my botched g602. I bought a 502 so I'm good but still.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
They stopped giving a poo poo about customer service around the same time their products started being designed for planned obsolescence. I guess they realized they weren't making as much money as they could be, because their products were lasting too long?

I needed a replacement for my G502 because the wheel stopped tilting, they asked me for my info, I provided it, waited for two weeks without any follow up, and then suddenly a mouse showed up at my doorstep without another word.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's honestly better than getting their actual customer service. For me, it was basically five different people mailing me replete with weird automated e-mails asking me if my issue had been resolved.

Storm-
Jan 7, 2007

You win some, you lose some... then you lose some more.

Trisk posted:

Literally all I ever wanted from Logitech. The price is a bit steep but gently caress it, I just hope it doesn't have the cursor jitter issues my G303 had.

Skuto posted:

I'd agree but probably more for the small grip than the wide one, though.

The beauty of the G9 was definitely how wide it was. Short, wide and light. Fit my hand perfectly.

Storm- fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 21, 2016

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Storm- posted:

Literally all I ever wanted from Logitech. The price is a bit steep but gently caress it, I just hope it doesn't have the cursor jitter issues my G303 had.

Is it nice because it's super light? it looks a Razer diamondback but for adults.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

Storm- posted:

I just hope it doesn't have the cursor jitter issues my G303 had.

Did you train the mouse to your surface? If so, do a factory reset, because that feature is broken and would cause the issue you describe.

Storm-
Jan 7, 2007

You win some, you lose some... then you lose some more.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Is it nice because it's super light? it looks a Razer diamondback but for adults.

I prefer smaller mice that I can fingertip-grip with my short stubby fingers, and the mouse being light means there's literally no strain on my hand. It is all a matter of preference, some people were putting extra weights in their G502 when I found that one to be too heavy even with no weights. The side LEDs give it a Diamondback look, but it's pretty much an improved G100s. I'd prefer if only the logo would lit up to make it as subtle as possible but I suppose you can just turn them off.

The buttons look like they're taken from G302/303 and those are amazing. Even the scroll wheel looks different than most mice have these days, reminds me of the G9x. Man, I miss the G9x. :(

Skuto posted:

Did you train the mouse to your surface? If so, do a factory reset, because that feature is broken and would cause the issue you describe.

Nope, came like that out of the box. RMA'd it and the next one had it, too. From what I've heard the issue was with how poorly the sensor was fitted inside and you had to open it to fix it. A lot of people had issues with it. I never really bothered doing anything about it because the screws are hidden under the mouse feet and I didn't wanna gently caress everything up. I might try fixing it eventually since I'm not using it anymore.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
My Corsair M65 started sporadically shoving my view all the way up or all the way down yesterday. Today, the cursor position outright stopped working in a match.

Rebooting didn't fix it. I swapped USB slots, but I'm not sure it's going to work. It looks like I'm in the market for a new mouse. :smith:

Edit: From a cursory search, it sounds like the general consensus around here is to go for Logitech? It looks like Razer is the best functional quality, but breaks in 6-12 months. Right now, torn between G502 or G900.

demota fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 27, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Razer isn't the best functional quality. A lot of people like the DA's shape though.

Storm- posted:

Nope, came like that out of the box. RMA'd it and the next one had it, too. From what I've heard the issue was with how poorly the sensor was fitted inside and you had to open it to fix it. A lot of people had issues with it. I never really bothered doing anything about it because the screws are hidden under the mouse feet and I didn't wanna gently caress everything up. I might try fixing it eventually since I'm not using it anymore.
If you can get it open the fix is very easy, all you have to do is stick a doublesided wad of tape or foam in the small space between the shell and sensor nest. It was a really lovely defect to allow through design QA though, it affected a ludicrous % of G303s.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 27, 2016

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
PSA: G502's are on sale for 59 bucks at Best Buy right now, and there's some Amazon listings at 45. Although they go down to 40 during black Friday at best buy most years so could wait too.

Either way, definitely the best mouse I've used over the last couple years.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
After having "plain" mice like the Logitech MX518 and G400 for years, my G400 is starting to die, and I'm looking at alternatives. My friends are almost all unanimously recommending the Razer Naga, and it looks tempting because I do a lot of gaming and graphic design and the side buttons look great. The more the better, I suppose. I know this is a popular mouse, but am I a fool for buying one? I held one at Best Buy. The Logitech 502 was the closest second choice.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

After having "plain" mice like the Logitech MX518 and G400 for years, my G400 is starting to die, and I'm looking at alternatives. My friends are almost all unanimously recommending the Razer Naga, and it looks tempting because I do a lot of gaming and graphic design and the side buttons look great. The more the better, I suppose. I know this is a popular mouse, but am I a fool for buying one? I held one at Best Buy. The Logitech 502 was the closest second choice.

Razer products are notoriously victims of poor quality control. They're great while they last but they tend not to last all that long.
Don't have a single bad thing to say about the g502. I have one and now I have difficulty using any other mouse I love that thing so much.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

BJPaskoff posted:

I have two naga owning friends and they're always telling me it's so much better than logitech mice, not that either of them have ever owned a logitech mouse that didn't come with a keyboard, I'm thinking its a case of flashy lights and thumb buttons applying rose tinted glasses. Sometimes I am amazed how far Razer got slapping lights and a decent sensor on absolute dog poo poo, I've honestly owned Fischer-price poo poo with better quality plastic.

BJPaskoff posted:

That's pretty messed up I just paid 80 2 weeks ago, still worth it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I have two naga owning friends and they're always telling me it's so much better than logitech mice, not that either of them have ever owned a logitech mouse that didn't come with a keyboard, I'm thinking its a case of flashy lights and thumb buttons applying rose tinted glasses. Sometimes I am amazed how far Razer got slapping lights and a decent sensor on absolute dog poo poo, I've honestly owned Fischer-price poo poo with better quality plastic.

I have a naga, and there are definitely some things i like about it more than my G600.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

everythingWasBees posted:

Razer products are notoriously victims of poor quality control. They're great while they last but they tend not to last all that long.
Don't have a single bad thing to say about the g502. I have one and now I have difficulty using any other mouse I love that thing so much.

How long is that though? I've heard complaints that Razer mice only last 2-3 years, which hardly passes as a complaint to me because my Logitech MX518 and G400 only lasted 2-3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

BJPaskoff posted:

How long is that though? I've heard complaints that Razer mice only last 2-3 years, which hardly passes as a complaint to me because my Logitech MX518 and G400 only lasted 2-3 years.

From late 2009 to mid 2015 I went through 4 deathadders. there's no reason to buy their stuff now that Zowie exists.