Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Spoeank posted:

My guess is he's going to leap into the 6th and WR... 30? 31?

Right now on FP it's

30 J Matthews
31 Moncrief (what)
32 John Brown
33 Devante Parker
34 DJax
35 Lockett
36 K White
37 Crabtree
38 Marvin Jones

My guess is Matthews drops, Moncrief takes his spot, Brown plummets, and Jones leapfrogs everyone but Moncrief.

As a completely unbiased observer of the Giants, I believe Sterling Shepard (currently 40) will be firmly in the middle of this mix before preseason wraps up provided Eli plays some snaps like he's currently slated to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
As someone who thinks Sterling Shepard is gonna be good if would thank you to hush it about him :ssh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

He's not really a sleeper. He's been talked about for awhile and even Beckham has been talking about him in the media. But Tajae Sharpe though. He was the ultimate sleeper. Talked about a little but mostly beat writers then a goon had to bring him up. Forced me to take him two rounds earlier than I thought in my goon dynasty draft the other day.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Just a friendly reminder since CMike is currently tearing up the preseason: Rawls ran significantly better in the actual season than CMike is currently doing in the preseason, over a significantly longer period, with significantly higher stakes, against significantly better opposition. Don't get carried away.

I say this as a CMike dynasty owner.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Boon posted:

So I have the option of taking the following in our 1PPR keeper auction draft:
- Antonio Brown: $48
- DeAndre Hopkins: $26
- Brandon Marshall: $10
- Devonte Freeman: $2

It's such an embarrasment of riches, but I'm leaning DeAndre. Thoughts?

Marshall or Freeman. Probably Freeman. So much value.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Boon posted:

Really really depends on keeper rules. Does salary go up? What is the cap? If salary doesn't increase much, I could see taking Hopkins and planning on keeping him for 3-5 years. If it increases quite a bit, I'd much rather have Marshall at $10 this year (and maybe next, if he doesn't drop off by the end of this season). Freeman for $2 is crazy value, but assuming at least $200 budget, I'd probably take Marshall over him.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I'd probably take Freeman there, and I'm the guy who thinks Coleman will clear 35% of active run share. Ppr that's just a really great deal.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Boon posted:

$200 budget? How many can you keep?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

As someone who thinks Sterling Shepard is gonna be good if would thank you to hush it about him :ssh:

Are there people who think he'll be bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod posted:

ADP inflation, y'all. I don't need to be taking him in the 7th.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

Shepards one of those buzz name sleepers. I'm surprised he's getting drafted over Corey Coleman who is essentially a bigger Shepard but running as a #1. I think Shepard finishes this year with 60ish receptions for 800ish yards and a couple TDs as his ceiling but really it's a mystery what a McAdoo Unchained offense looks like. He could get 90ish receptions for all we know. Coleman seems like a 1k yard 80 reception guy. He'll feast all day on underneath routes and has the hops for redzone targets. The Browns sadly have a better running game than the Giants which should take some pressure off of Coleman when he tries to hit those same routes Shepard will be running.

I dunno, I think they'll both be available alongside Kevin White in the 7th/8th rounds and I'd lean towards Coleman out of the bunch. If everything goes according to plan in my draft I won't have to worry about grabbing a starting flex WR by then and grabbing any of the three would just be fun speculation picks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also speaking of mid-tier players how would you guys rank C.J. Anderson, Carlos Hyde, Matt Forte, Latavius Murray, and Thomas Rawls?

In terms of sheer usage I think Hyde and Anderson are going to be near the top but Rawls feels like the safest bet.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Boon posted:

Need more information. First, how many keepers can you keep? Second, what is your salary cap?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Doltos posted:

Also speaking of mid-tier players how would you guys rank C.J. Anderson, Carlos Hyde, Matt Forte, Latavius Murray, and Thomas Rawls?

In terms of sheer usage I think Hyde and Anderson are going to be near the top but Rawls feels like the safest bet.

Personally I think it's:
Rawls > Anderson ~= Hyde > Murray > Forte

But I'm also wondering if Murray is a surprise hit this season with their O-line upgrades and nasty-looking defense.

EDIT: This is assuming the Denver WRs make their QBs look serviceable. Otherwise Anderson falls into the Murray tier, if not the Forte tier. They don't have the O-line to deal with box stacking.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Goon league. $200 auction budget, 2 keepers. Keeper prices go up $5/year. Already keeping OBJ at $11.

For the other keeper I have two real options:

- Doug Martin at $25.
- Cam Newton at $8.

or also Gronk at $49 is the more expensive option.

Leaning towards Cam, but not sure. Thoughts?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Metapod posted:

He'll probably be a better nfl player than a fantasy player. He's being hyped up as this great fantasy option when Tyler Boyd and Corey Coleman will probably out score him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dy. posted:

Goon league. $200 auction budget, 2 keepers. Keeper prices go up $5/year. Already keeping OBJ at $11.

For the other keeper I have two real options:

- Doug Martin at $25.
- Cam Newton at $8.

or also Gronk at $49 is the more expensive option.

Leaning towards Cam, but not sure. Thoughts?

I'd go Cam since $8 is a good price and I'm in love with Mr. Newton.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Amari Cooper (3)
Le'Veon Bell RB (8)
Jordy Nelson WR (4)
DeAndre Hopkins WR (9)
Rashad Jennings RB (6)
LeSean McCoy RB (1)
Antonio Brown WR (1+1)
Tyler Eifert TE (11)

0.5ppr, 2RB, 2WR, W/T, and R/W/T and I have last pick (10th). 3 keepers.

AB and Hopkins for sure. I'm struggling between Eifert, Jordy, and Bell for my last one. Leaning Jordy since I have so many receiver slots. Thoughts?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Gotta be Bell for an 8th, especially if you can keep again next year.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Doltos posted:

My custom value calculations based on 4for4 and FBG projections are:

73.94 - C.J. Anderson
72.63 - Thomas Rawls
---------------------------------------
62.51 - Latavius Murray
56.94 - Carlos Hyde
52.57 - Matt Forte

Take that as you will. If you're skeptical the Rawls is healthy and will keep the job, I'd probably go Anderson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CompeAnansi posted:

My custom value calculations based on 4for4 and FBG projections are:

73.94 - C.J. Anderson
72.63 - Thomas Rawls
62.51 - Latavius Murray
56.94 - Carlos Hyde
52.57 - Matt Forte

Take that as you will. If you're skeptical the Rawls is healthy and will keep the job, I'd probably go Anderson.

I'm surprised Hyde isn't projected higher or on tier with Murray. I think he'll get like at least 50 more carries than Murray and could top out at 300ish.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Doltos posted:

That's really loving tough. So tough I won't even begin to rank them lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have high hopes for LMurray this year, he could also come at a great value in redraft leagues for a guy being described as a bell cow. (we'll see how the workload actually pans out)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Murray on top, Forte last, flip a coin for the rest.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hyde below the other two because of the anemic pass offense

So I guess it'd be Murray >> Rawls >= Anderson >> Hyde > Forte

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
The only thing that scares me off about LMurray is that the Raiders seem to be pretty lukewarm on him, and Deandre Washington is lighting up camp and the preseason.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

The only thing that scares me off about LMurray is that the Raiders seem to be pretty lukewarm on him, and Deandre Washington is lighting up camp and the preseason.

Coachspeak and all that but Del Rio recently said he wants to increase Murray's touch count (was something like 220 last year) and get DeAndre touches, so maybe they do like him?

e:correction, was 266

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 19, 2016

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MacheteZombie posted:

Coachspeak and all that but Del Rio recently said he wants to increase Murray's touch count (was something like 220 last year) and get DeAndre touches, so maybe they do like him?

Yeah I agree, Murray's touches won't be threatened at all in the first few weeks of the year. I'm just worried that he's kind of a dud RB. I also think the Raiders' passing offense will dominate the touches.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Doltos posted:

Yeah I agree, Murray's touches won't be threatened at all in the first few weeks of the year. I'm just worried that he's kind of a dud RB. I also think the Raiders' passing offense will dominate the touches.

Yeah that's my concern as well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm not sure how many more touches they can get Murray, he was one of four backs over 300 last year (#4, 307). I looked into that quote for the Raiders preview and my response was basically "well poo poo how the hell are you gonna pull that off"

Doltos posted:

I'm not sure where to fall on this (the pass offense). They already threw the ball over 600 times last year, which was in the top half of the league. They really don't have much more room for the passing game to dominate (they were 4 - 5 passes a game out of the top spot last year, some of likely at least one of which would go to Murray). Worrying Murray is a dud is a good point though.

Personally, I would go:

Murray
Hyde
CJA
Rawls
Forte

With Hyde, there were concerns that he wouldn't be involved so much in the pass game. I think he will based on preseason game one (Gabbert's first two terrible passes were to Hyde), but we gotta see what happens tomorrow.

I don't like CJA but here we are.

Rawls worries me because they "hope" he can get into preseason game 4, meaning CMike could steal a lot of touches since Rawls has to get up to speed. I love the player but his situation is slowly backsliding into poop for the first half of the season.

Forte is gonna lose out to Powell a lot IMO.

Doltos posted:

Shepards one of those buzz name sleepers. I'm surprised he's getting drafted over Corey Coleman who is essentially a bigger Shepard but running as a #1. I think Shepard finishes this year with 60ish receptions for 800ish yards and a couple TDs as his ceiling but really it's a mystery what a McAdoo Unchained offense looks like. He could get 90ish receptions for all we know. Coleman seems like a 1k yard 80 reception guy. He'll feast all day on underneath routes and has the hops for redzone targets. The Browns sadly have a better running game than the Giants which should take some pressure off of Coleman when he tries to hit those same routes Shepard will be running.

I dunno, I think they'll both be available alongside Kevin White in the 7th/8th rounds and I'd lean towards Coleman out of the bunch. If everything goes according to plan in my draft I won't have to worry about grabbing a starting flex WR by then and grabbing any of the three would just be fun speculation picks.

Shepard is why I want to stop being in the FF game. I was in on him ages ago. Ages! :argh:

Rueben Randle managed 800 & 8 and was a startable player last season, Rueben Randle.

Corey Coleman is the better player but RGthrizzle loves the TE, and the underneath & red zone could easily go to Barnidge. There's a clearer role to start off with for Shepard, IMO.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 19, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I'm not sure how many more touches they can get Murray, he was one of four backs over 300 last year (#4, 307). I looked into that quote for the Raiders preview and my response was basically "well poo poo how the hell are you gonna pull that off"

Didn't realize the number I saw was for carries only (266). With receptions (41) he is over 300. Yeah I'm not sure he can get more haha. Maybe Rio just thinks his offense will be on the field 50 minutes of every game.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Doltos posted:

CJ Anderson
Forte
Murray
Hyde
Rawls

That's how I have them ranked.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

If I can sub-tier them,

Murray
Rawls

Hyde
CJA

Forte

My approach is mostly from a workload + quality of offense perspective.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lev Bell supposedly 3 games now. I'll take him at the back of the first now I suppose.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Rawls is a lot better if you make sure to get Prosise, who is going late. One of the two is going to be a strong starter. Plus there's this news report: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/84898/thomas-rawls-should-practice-fully-next-week.php

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anderson
Rawls
Murray
Hyde
<huge gap>
Forte

It's situations like this where I love that I only play FF auctions. Give me 2-3 of these guys and see who hits

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Forever_Peace posted:

Gotta be Bell for an 8th, especially if you can keep again next year.

Yeah, it's perpetual with a +1 penalty each year. I actually acquired Bell in a baller trade a couple years ago. I'm only hesitating because my championships the last two years were won off my superior WR stable. But I suppose Bell is a steal at that price, moreso than Jordy.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I know I've asked you guys about this before, but as my draft draws closer I'm having second thoughts on my choices. Weird keeper system, but basically all you need to know is that every player is worth X points and I can keep up to 10 points worth of players for free. After 10 and up to 16, I have to sacrifice draft picks to acquire more points to accommodate (a 1st for 5 points, 2nd for 4, etc.). Here are my options, with current choices in bold. 12 teams, effective 2QB league (superflex), 0.5 PPR.

Eddie Lacy (7)
Brandin Cooks (6)
Dez Bryant (6)
Todd Gurley (5)
Keenan Allen (5)

Derek Carr (4)
Matt Jones (4)
DeVante Parker (4)
Danny Woodhead (2)
Stefon Diggs (2)
Jeremy Langford (2)
Michael Crabtree (2)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (2)

With these keepers I would give up a 4th. I also have a very good chance of having a top 3 pick in this draft, so I could potentially pass on a guy like Dez and redraft him if he's there in the first round. Now that I look at it, those 2 point players are basically equivalent to a 4th round pick after keeping Gurley and Allen...so I dunno if Woodhead is really worth a 4th. I'm probably overthinking this.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 19, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Rawls is a lot better if you make sure to get Prosise, who is going late. One of the two is going to be a strong starter. Plus there's this news report: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/84898/thomas-rawls-should-practice-fully-next-week.php

Well Prosise is currently injured and has fallen all the way to 4th string behind Cmike AND Collins. But i do like Rawls, but Prosise is currently battling injuryitis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

I know I've asked you guys about this before, but as my draft draws closer I'm having second thoughts on my choices. Weird keeper system, but basically all you need to know is that every player is worth X points and I can keep up to 10 points worth of players for free. After 10 and up to 16, I have to sacrifice draft picks to acquire more points to accommodate (a 1st for 5 points, 2nd for 4, etc.). Here are my options, with current choices in bold. 12 teams, effective 2QB league (superflex), 0.5 PPR.

Eddie Lacy (7)
Brandin Cooks (6)
Dez Bryant (6)
Todd Gurley (5)
Keenan Allen (5)

Derek Carr (4)
Matt Jones (4)
DeVante Parker (4)
Danny Woodhead (2)
Stefon Diggs (2)
Jeremy Langford (2)
Michael Crabtree (2)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (2)

With these keepers I would give up a 4th. I also have a very good chance of having a top 3 pick in this draft, so I could potentially pass on a guy like Dez and redraft him if he's there in the first round. Now that I look at it, those 2 point players are basically equivalent to a 4th round pick after keeping Gurley and Allen...so I dunno if Woodhead is really worth a 4th. I'm probably overthinking this.

Stick with the two 5's

• Locked thread