Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You know, for people who are worried they'll keep Trump on a tight leash until the debates:

This is how many times they've tried that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/766690598292193280

He's like a humanoid with the personality switch set to "narcissist" and broken off.

There will be no pivot.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Is he even watching the news anymore?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

As eager as ostensible progressive leftists were to eat up every anti-Clinton piece published by Breitbart and Infowars during the primaries, I don't think this is a good faith issue that people can be persuaded on.

Speaking of Breitbart
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/766735547234738176

This article is great. I remember people on twitter thinking Boyle from Breitbart being involved in the campaign was suicide, but from these emails Bannon is worse.

quote:

In another email, Boyle went into more detail.
“Again I didn’t get an invite but not sure if they maybe gave one to someone else here or something,” he wrote. “BTW— as for lighting people up in the next few weeks//months we need to be smart about it all. Let’s play the game with brains here, we can’t just kill them all. Let me get some feelers out for how the new congress is gonna work before we annihilate everyone.”
Bannon pushed for a more scorched-earth approach.
“Leadership are all cunts,” he wrote. “We should just go buck wild.”
Then he wrote, “Let the grassroots turn on the hate because that’s the ONLY thing that will make them do their duty.”
Republican leaders are not the only people Bannon has designated as cunts. He also used the term to refer to Michelle Fields, one of his former employees—and not just any old “oval office,” but a “loving oval office.”

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I doubt there was much love left to lose between Bannon and Capitol Hll so who knows if this will change anything, but if one of these leaked breitbart emails actually has something damaging in it...

Well the irony of Bannon being taken down by bad emails is too fine to hope for.

Right now it's embarrassing stuff like this smear scheme that Matt Boyle tried to do to Michelle Fields as revenge for her leaving Breitbart for Huffpo (because her outlet sided with Lewandowski and not her in the whole "abused a reporter thing" from the primary.)

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 19, 2016

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
USPOL August: Turn On The Hate

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

zoux posted:

Yeah I doubt there was much love left to lose between Bannon and Capitol Hll so who knows if this will change anything, but if one of these leaked breitbart emails actually has something damaging in it...

Well the irony of Bannon being taken down by bad emails is too fine to hope for.
Bannon seems about to get taken down by his emails, but 33,000 of them will mysteriously go missing and Trump just won't have the evidence to let him go.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Internet Webguy posted:

USPOL August: Going Buck Wild on C**ts

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

zoux posted:

As eager as ostensible progressive leftists were to eat up every anti-Clinton piece published by Breitbart and Infowars during the primaries, I don't think this is a good faith issue that people can be persuaded on.

Speaking of Breitbart
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/766735547234738176

It's funny, reading those emails, they're acting like the ruthless power brokers that they believe the (((globalist uniparty))) are like, except they have way, way less power to back it up. "Yeah, let's burn this guy, but we have to control the pace of the information we put out, the sheeple can't handle hearing the whole truth at once."

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Internet Webguy posted:

Looking forward to this Bannon guy also having a coronary like his company's namesake

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
USPOL August: Leadership are all cunts

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

First book plug I've ever seen in an official campaign statement.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Goatman Sacks posted:

For reals, the flooding isn't any worse than a particularly bad California wildfire in terms of cost and loss of life. I don't see why this warrants the presidents or the candidates attentions.

Yeah, I saw some outrage memes on Facebook, stating that the media "ignored" Louisiana last weekend, in favor of Trump gaffes, because racism. But an entire town about where I lived burned to the ground last weekend, and no one really covered it, either.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

zoux posted:

First book plug I've ever seen in an official campaign statement.

I like how he goes from speaking about the governer specifically to "their" in the same sentence.

Also how is it inconsistent for the governer to tell Obama, Hillary, and Trump to all wait?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Neeksy posted:

The right wing still complains about ACORN even though it shut down 8 years ago; do people really think shutting down the Clinton Foundation is going to shut down any of that conspiracy theorizing?

Even better: they run against the form of welfare that hasn't existed for literally 20 years.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Has anyone checked on Rinsed Pubes lately? I haven't heard from him in a while. Are they going to find him face down in a bowl of Bailey's-logged cornflakes?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

theflyingorc posted:

Superstorm Sandy

as a person from southern louisiana, this is endlessly entertaining all by itself since it made landfall below hurricane strength and they felt that tropical storm sandy (or post-tropical or extratropical) just didn't sound punchy enough

especially since earlier that year we got hit by hurricane isaac

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Has anyone checked on Rinsed Pubes lately? I haven't heard from him in a while. Are they going to find him face down in a bowl of Bailey's-logged cornflakes?

Yeah he called on Hillary to disavow Obama's cowardly ransom to Iran today.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost

TheKennedys posted:

loving hell, I'm gonna laugh so hard when our generation starts running for president. "Mr. Smith, in an email from 2015 you responded with an animated GIF of a bendy-armed cartoon character spelling out the words "Go gently caress Yourself". Furthermore, on several occasions throughout 2010-2020 you requested that various persons with whom you were communicating "suck your dick from the back". Would you care to explain these occurrences?" "Uh...welcome to the internet?"

Report: Every Potential 2040 President Already Unelectable Due To Facebook

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/766744840692494336

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

as a person from southern louisiana, this is endlessly entertaining all by itself since it made landfall below hurricane strength and they felt that tropical storm sandy (or post-tropical or extratropical) just didn't sound punchy enough

especially since earlier that year we got hit by hurricane isaac

It was more about its size than strength, when it hit land it covered every single state on the eastern seaboard except Florida.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Goatman Sacks posted:

For reals, the flooding isn't any worse than a particularly bad California wildfire in terms of cost and loss of life. I don't see why this warrants the presidents or the candidates attentions.

It's not like the apocalypse or anything but the number of homes effectively destroyed by this flood is more than an order of magnitude greater than even the worst CA fire I could find (2003 Cedar Fire) and happened much faster.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

He's trying to reach out to minorities 5 minutes after getting a "Build the wall!" chant, I don't think it'll go far.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Goatman Sacks posted:

It was more about its size than strength, when it hit land it covered every single state on the eastern seaboard except Florida.

ah yes the noaa "superstorm" designation

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
USPOL August: My disaster photo op is better than your disaster photo op

USPOL August: If we blackface up we will win the black vote

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

emoji posted:

It's not like the apocalypse or anything but the number of homes effectively destroyed by this flood is more than an order of magnitude greater than even the worst CA fire I could find (2003 Cedar Fire) and happened much faster.

Yeah I was just looking at total dollars, I guess stuff in poor houses of Louisiana aren't quite worth as much as forest-side mcmanshions.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/766746681073426432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I dunno that sounds pretty racist of Hillary, to me.

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/766747851925979140

hmm

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
They've become refugees, and she wants to give their jobs to refugees... So she wants to give them jobs? Or is he saying that the black people became refugees and she wants to give white people's jobs to them?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Goatman Sacks posted:

Yeah I was just looking at total dollars, I guess stuff in poor houses of Louisiana aren't quite worth as much as forest-side mcmanshions.

Also as far as cost they've barely even begun to asses the damage which won't be fully known until all claims are made. It hit the middle of a relatively well-off metro area. Preliminary estimates reported today say $20.7 billion in just house-values, which is not exactly small.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

They've become refugees, and she wants to give their jobs to refugees... So she wants to give them jobs? Or is he saying that the black people became refugees and she wants to give white people's jobs to them?

He's saying that Radical Islamic Terrorists are coming to America to take black people's jobs.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Possible if you kill/deport/intern everyone except for Allen West, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Michael Steele, and that one guy he pointed out at a rally.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/766734984174534656

The Communist party is telling people to vote for Hillary

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
all these pictures im seeing of him sucking around Baton Rouge are really freaking white despite being taken in a place thats 50% black

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

Possible if you kill/deport/intern everyone except for Allen West, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Michael Steele, and that one guy he pointed out at a rally.

Or if you highly recommend they vote that way, or else...

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

all these pictures im seeing of him sucking around Baton Rouge are really freaking white despite being taken in a place thats 50% black

Ironically enough the areas where black people live in the de facto segregated city are high and dry.

http://maps.lsuagcenter.com/floodmaps/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/GBliss/status/766703695463604224

Giuliani is right...Trump is really showing his leadership and purveying the tragedy that is what's happening in LA here.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/GBliss/status/766703695463604224

Giuliani is right...Trump is really showing his leadership and purveying the tragedy that is what's happening in LA here.

Such leadership...

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ah yes the noaa "superstorm" designation

Can't wait for Winterstorm YOLO!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

Such leadership...

but seriously though. Play Doh is p good at sealing leaks. Just get some heat on it and it will seal right up. At least long enough to get a more permanent fix. So really you just have to find where the flood water is leaking from...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Trump is starting in on a new massive development project - Play-Doh housing! Don't like how your house looks? Change its shape with no need for tools!

• Locked thread