Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

(this is the worst youtube, removing it)

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

motherfuck imgur right now but this post is a gif of charlie from it's always sunny shouting about how he doesn't care.

shut up.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

budgieinspector has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Aug 19, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/z8nxId1.mp4

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Twistershift posted:

You are just as safe with a concealed gun. Open carry is for nothing more than parading around that you have a gun, praying for somebody (black thugs or muslims hopefully)to gently caress with you so you can shoot them. (Also, for the pipe dream that you'll be the hero who stops the terrorists when they start shooting up the local Wal-Mart.)

How many open carries are as a preventative? Like, so poo poo doesn't go down? Like those people that wear a "I HAVE A GUN" tshirt when cycling. (That may or may not work at reducing road rage)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ak Gara posted:

How many open carries are as a preventative? Like, so poo poo doesn't go down? Like those people that wear a "I HAVE A GUN" tshirt when cycling. (That may or may not work at reducing road rage)

pretty much, except instead of the tshirt its a gun with live rounds in it

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Ak Gara posted:

Well, their were around 20+ open carries in Texas when one guy killed a shitload of cops so I'd say it doesn't prevent jack.

(in fact, they ran away instead of "defending mah rights" and actually caused more harm when authorities were trying to find the "active shooter")

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
who coulda thunk

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If only those cops had had guns this wouldnt have.... Oh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/j74sWMl.jpg

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

TheBigAristotle posted:

My buddy who lives in Guangzhou took this at the grocery store

Well it's not wrong.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Ferrule posted:

Well, their were around 20+ open carries in Texas when one guy killed a shitload of cops so I'd say it doesn't prevent jack.

(in fact, they ran away instead of "defending mah rights" and actually caused more harm when authorities were trying to find the "active shooter")

I meant stop others from messing with them personally. Lord knows "self defence of a 3rd party" is probably a legal nightmare when it involves lethal measures.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHnGMV8yOEQ

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Ak Gara posted:

I meant stop others from messing with them personally. Lord knows "self defence of a 3rd party" is probably a legal nightmare when it involves lethal measures.

Scorn and derision abound, my friend.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I much prefer this version of the joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmyZP-qbTE

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Why would someone photoshop the meme dog into what was originally a perfectly funny face.

VVV I really do not. :(

Pentaro has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Aug 19, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I don't think you get memes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016
It's the false cognates of sucesos and successes that makes that for me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
One of her boobs is significantly larger than the other.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

eta because I got another one

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Aug 19, 2016

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

crossfit WoDs getting weirder and weirder

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
Every open-carrier I've ever met has had the attitude of "NO, gently caress *YOU*, DAD!" and is basically doing it as a middle finger to polite society.

I carried lockpicks as an IT because the job had me going to a dozen different buildings and sometimes the key to X closet had been lost for god knows how many years. Eventually we finally got a budget to replace the locks but even then there were some rooms that nobody even went to in the 3 years that I was there because nothing needed resetting in there. Who knows if we had keys to them.

There's also a "Hee! Gadgets!" bit of it, I carried about that much stuff at one point in the 90's. Smartphones definitely helped reduce pocket clutter. I also had one of those little pocket first-aid kids because christ some of my coworkers were clumsy as gently caress and I got tired of them bleeding on the floor all the way to where the kit was in the break room.

Also, Moose.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Taste the rainbow at 1,000 fps.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
The person who first said "when you think about, everyone who open carries does it because they want people to see they have a gun" was saying that since concealed carry is also a way to have a gun in public, the purpose of open carry is either to flaunt a gun OR to have it visible in a preventative, determent-theory kind of way. This fundamental truth, being twisted into a point about fashion and therefore dismissing the act of openly carrying a gun, constitutes a joke by way of mocking a thing based on a purposeful misunderstanding of its purpose. Regardless of our own thoughts and feelings on firearms, surely we can agree that the fundamental truth is sound, and therefore the joke is logical.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ragequit posted:

Taste the rainbow at 1,000 fps.

Taste the rainbow

bleed the rainbow

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I open carry for my protection, and the protection of my family and those around me, as well as for the simple fact that my every last pocket and container type accessory is filled to the brim with band-aids, quick-clot, tourniquets, asthma spray, autoinjectors (adrenaline etc), morphine, maps, antihistamines, cortisone tablets, spare electronics and a soldering iron, defibrillators, prybars, water bottles, sunscreen, spare helmets, condoms and pessaries, rations, lockpicks, tiger saws, jump cables, std pamphlets, tracheotomy gear, plan-b, hand-crank generators, debit cards and gold bars, spare toilet paper rolls and bibles. That's also why I dress my family in kevlar only and do my best to keep my less protected fellow pedestrians (haha bless those lunatics) well away from curbs, hydrants, high rise buildings and other sources of danger. I also have a monthly subscription to padlock magazine and live in a storm shelter with a closed ecosystem and no above-ground protrusions apart from a Mosler (R) vault door. My family does not own a car (haha of course not) but instead relies on bicycles for transportation, and only eat organic food. Because protection is important to my life style you see. And that is why I open carry.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's the first picture:

Wait is it Martyr or Myrtar wtf

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

New Leaf posted:

One of her boobs is significantly larger than the other.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Well, here's something you don't see very day: Goatse-themed leggings.

And if you really need to see the listing (or just want to have a pair of your own), you can find them here: http://www.tbdress.com/product/Butterfly-Print-Slim-11458270.html

Etoniichuan
Oct 27, 2005

Too bad they couldn't put his full name on it.

Smitty Werberjagermanjensen de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle- dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz- ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer- spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein- nurnburger-bratwustle-gernspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut- gumberaber-shonedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

:confused:

Is there some better way to weigh baby giraffes? This seems like a completely normal part of the animal weighing process to me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ikanreed posted:

Is there some better way to weigh baby giraffes? This seems like a completely normal part of the animal weighing process to me.

I mean, you could close the door, but other than that. Sure.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ikanreed posted:

It's the easiest and fastest way to do it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Chop it up and put it into bin.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

VendaGoat posted:

I mean, you could close the door, but other than that. Sure.

Getting an animal to stay still on a scale is not an easy thing to do. It's easier to just weigh yourself, weigh yourself holding the animal, and do the math.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Ironhead posted:

I've found that "I'm a stagehand, and those loving idiots in Santa Fey forget to send the keys with their FX box" usually works too.

Hah, I just ordered a set for almost the same reason.

"I'm a project manager, and some loving idiot at Sunbelt left us a lull with the cockpit door loving locked and the wrong keys."

My huge-ring-of-assorted-equipment-keys doesn't often fail me, but the picks will be a nice backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RatHat posted:

Getting an animal to stay still on a scale is not an easy thing to do. It's easier to just weigh yourself, weigh yourself holding the animal, and do the math.

No poo poo.

But you can at least close the pen's door, so that the creature can not escape, you fuckman.

• Locked thread