Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

corpsman up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pesticide20 posted:

Just finished my stats final. It seemed too easy, I hope I didn't gently caress it all up.

Nah stats really is that easy if you just use the right formulas. Statistics only gets difficult when you start getting into the underlying math, and that starts getting into calculus and such. The vast majority of anything anyone needs to learn from a basic stats class is a rough understanding of how they work (so you can understand polls and the like) and how to use standard formulas to calculate things.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If your professor does things like mine did, you get full credit up until the point of an error, no points for the error itself, then greatly reduced points if you do the rest of it correctly with your bad data. It's downright cruel to just mark it wrong on a problem that takes 30-35 minutes to do.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Most profs I had would allow error carried forward in all of my math and physics classes if it was something as simple as a computational mistake. You'd get half credit at best, but it was something.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

anyone ever feel like you're a criminal when all your grants and stipends and allowances come in? :smugdog:

all my friends are always crying about loan burden and being strapped for cash and constantly being stressed, feels good man

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

anyone ever feel like you're a criminal when all your grants and stipends and allowances come in? :smugdog:

all my friends are always crying about loan burden and being strapped for cash and constantly being stressed, feels good man

Nope. Just got my book money today too.

Thanks G Dubbs.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Justin Tyme posted:

Not one loving bit.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
$2025/m MHA in Philly, and my school has a bus running from a bunch of cheap neighborhoods to the medical campus every 30 minutes from 530AM to 1130PM. I'm paying $425/m for half a two-bedroom in Chinatown. Capped out book allowance, yellow ribbon making up whatever the GI Bill doesn't out of $65/y tuition. This semester is gonna be great, financially. My life is going to be poo poo otherwise, but hey.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

TheQuietWilds posted:

My life is going to be poo poo otherwise, but hey.

I hear ya. I'm closing on a house a week from today and starting classes 5 days a week the Monday afterwards. Only 11 credits between 3 classes, but also working full time. My life is about to become insanely busy.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Justin Tyme posted:

nope and I'm going full enlisted with frivolous purchases this fall so all my friends are especially salty

they're throwing around legit "my tax dollars" and everything haha

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Professor Bling posted:

they're throwing around legit "my tax dollars" and everything haha
The former Dean of Students here made that same comment to me earlier this year and in a very snide manner. So here's your counterpoint: they're your tax dollars, too.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Naked Bear posted:

The former Dean of Students here made that same comment to me earlier this year and in a very snide manner. So here's your counterpoint: they're your tax dollars, too.

tbf I've been answering with "yeah, they are, thanks for the new motorcycle!" just to watch their faces

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I used to just be a smartass and say that if they want the same benefits they can go spend 15 months in Iraq.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Alternatively if they work in higher ed a large portion of their salary comes from federal aid and poo poo like the GI bill.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

Alternatively if they work in higher ed a large portion of their salary comes from federal aid and poo poo like the GI bill.

If they work in a state school it comes from the state education budget. Sooooooooo.. Guess who bought that Lexus SUV they drive.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah but they "earned" that unlike you enlisted scum

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

yeah but they "earned" that unlike you enlisted scum

I use to work with a guy who was a retired AF officer that said something to the effect that enlisted didn't earn their benefits.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Genocide Tendency posted:

I use to work with a guy who was a retired AF officer that said something to the effect that enlisted didn't earn their benefits.

i mean yeah its probably true though. I dont think i deserve money for the rest of my life but w/e

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

hang all nobles

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

i mean yeah its probably true though. I dont think i deserve money for the rest of my life but w/e

That might hold some weight if it weren't coming from an Air Force officer.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

That might hold some weight if it weren't coming from an Air Force officer.

HCT is a former (retired?) Army chem NCO turned recruiter. He may have even deployed once or twice, I forget.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

psydude posted:

HCT is a former (retired?) Army chem NCO turned recruiter. He may have even deployed once or twice, I forget.

what is even going on

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Sounds like a nonner.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

what is even going on

It's time to wake up. Please, wake up.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
nooooooo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

what is even going on

gip.xls

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Please, we really need you to just wake up

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
YOURE ALL FIRED

:sad:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it's not your fault
\
:smugdon:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude posted:

cool im glad that something awful now has pop-up video technology

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

psydude posted:

a recruiter huh? Why you gotta talk poo poo about people?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I started a work study job today at the computer lab and it owns because I get paid to do homework and lots of yoga pants

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'm doing Greek translation all semester, which is pretty chill. I was thinking of taking a lab course, what are they like?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm doing Greek translation all semester, which is pretty chill. I was thinking of taking a lab course, what are they like?

You'd have to be more specific. I've had a "lab course" that was like an hour of connect-the-dots baby stuff (just a semester of testing your ability to follow instructions and do arithmetic), and another that was a cross-state road trip every week to observe, record, and sketch geological formations. So it varies.

e: Probably the easiest lab course you can take, in general, is either Biology 101 or any science course that's geared toward non-STEM majors.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 25, 2016

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I have Mondays and Fridays off this semester, it's either going to rule or make me really loving lazy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My science lab was Motion Picture optics. All we did was study cinematography and make stop motion videos. Cool as hell.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife's Chapter 33 payment went in the day after the school sent in the confirmation that she went to class. Not the stipend, we got that weeks ago. The payment for August.

I thought this was always the last day of the month. I guess that means payment to the school is coming soon.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Late/backpay is often done off schedule, but yeah it's usually the last working day of the month.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The amount they're sending me is confusing. Based on the whole "monthly pay/30*days enrolled" I'm getting more than I should for just straight up BAH but less than BAH+kicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently school actually starts Monday instead of next Tuesday. I about had a loving heart attack. Yay heading into my last semester totally unprepared.

• Locked thread