Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I want pictures! Pictures of Spider-Man!

Tom Holland visited a children's hospital yesterday in costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Aww

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Children he probably put in the hospital himself!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

He's a menace!

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

As a parent of a child who passed away really young in the hospital, it always warms my heart to see these stars be real heroes and rolemodels and make these kids days a little better. It probably means so much to those kids to see Spider-Man in person. Tom Holland seems like a genuinely nice kid, I'm really looking forward to Spider-Man: Homecoming

Codependent Poster posted:

:froggonk:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Top notch. He looks a little like Ben Savage in a side profile. Or Fred. Whichever was Boy Meets World.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When Chris Pratt finished filming GotG he stole a full costume because he always wanted to be able to dress up and visit a children's hospital.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When Chris Pratt finished filming GotG he stole a full costume because he always wanted to be able to dress up and visit a children's hospital.

When Pratt and Evans had their Super Bowl bet (the loser showed up in full costume at a children's hospital in the town of the winner) they both showed up to both hospitals anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

When Pratt and Evans had their Super Bowl bet (the loser showed up in full costume at a children's hospital in the town of the winner) they both showed up to both hospitals anyway.

I really like Chris Evans and Chris Pratt. They seem like legitimately charming dudes and I hope they never end up secretly spewing racism or something;

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

And were then promptly chased out by tiny, cute sports fans for liking the opposite teams.

I like to imagine, anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

And were then promptly chased out by tiny, cute sports fans for liking the opposite teams.

I like to imagine, anyway.

Hey now. They didn't visit Philadelphia.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Hair Color chat is done in this thread. If you post about Hair Color in this thread again you're done as well. Also if you whine about a character being a different race from the comic you're done as well.

Can I continue to gush about how great this casting is?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can I inquire as to what Disney channel show Rhyno is so familiar with her from?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Can I continue to gush about how great this casting is?

I mean yeah, if you've watched enough Disney shows to formulate any kind of valid opinion of her being good for the role go for it. Likewise if anyone has watched enough Disney shows to think she's terrible then go for it. But don't be surprised when you get weird looks for watching Disney shows made for little kids. I think most of us have no idea about her ability because we don't watch that stuff. If you're just going to base your opinion on looks that's kind of just as bad as the people saying Gal Godot isn't big enough for Wonder Woman. Just because someone matches a role visually or not doesn't mean they're good casting for a role.

EDIT:

Aphrodite posted:

Can I inquire as to what Disney channel show Rhyno is so familiar with her from?

See, there it is. Before I even finished typing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Somehow I feel Marvel star visits sick kids in costume Vs DC movie start sends used condoms to costars sums up each companies philosophies on making their films.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Somehow I feel Marvel star visits sick kids in costume Vs DC movie start sends used condoms to costars sums up each companies philosophies on making their films.

Well let's be fair, the DC costumes are not something you stroll around in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

Well let's be fair, the DC costumes are not something you stroll around in.

Hey kids, Here's Margot Robbie in tiny hot pants!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hey kids, here's Superman, come to visit the neck trauma ward!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Today kids we have a special treat, Jared Leto is visiting, the Joker is here!

HEY KIDS HERE'S A BAG FULL OF SPIDERS!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The spiders are unfortunately also full of used condoms.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Whizbang posted:

The spiders are unfortunately also full of used condoms.

That's bad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

I really like Chris Evans and Chris Pratt. They seem like legitimately charming dudes and I hope they never end up secretly spewing racism or something;

I read somewhere that Evans only really embraced being Captain America when he became friends with Chris Pratt and they did the hospital visits together. I don't know if that is true but it is a nice story.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I actually watched KC Undercover when I was babysitting my step niece last fall. She lives it and Zendaya is a perfectly fine actress. Also Carla from Scrubs plays her mom!

And like I said elsewhere, Zen is the first NJ who actually looks like she could grow up and be a super model.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As long as MJ's plots aren't "I want to be an actress!" and long terrible scenes of her strugged that feel more at home in a chick flick than a superhero movie.

Actually, that's probably why they were there; "Something for the ladies!" some old out of touch exec at Fox told Sam Raimi

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Dammit, I liked Kirsten Dunst as MJ.

Maguire on the other hand... eh.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Little Mac posted:

That's bad.

But they come with a free frogurt!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Also, can't believe I missed that the guy from TV on the Radio is going to be in this. This film is going to rule so much.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

As long as MJ's plots aren't "I want to be an actress!"

I want Homecoming to be an adaption of the newspaper arc where she gets a superhero role and Spidey gets knocked out from behind by her rival's butler.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Possibly leaked Spider-Man: Homecoming call sheet.

Most notable is Tiffany Espensen as "Cindy", so if they're legit bringing Cindy Moon into the MCU this early on that'll be pretty loving fantastic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Toxxupation posted:

Possibly leaked Spider-Man: Homecoming call sheet.

Most notable is Tiffany Espensen as "Cindy", so if they're legit bringing Cindy Moon into the MCU this early on that'll be pretty loving fantastic.

Why she doesn't bike it? Because she can just websling to where she's going!

(I briefly forgot who Cindy Moon was and got that stuck in my head looking it up)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

Dammit, I liked Kirsten Dunst as MJ.

Maguire on the other hand... eh.

Maguire was a fantastic Peter Parker imo

really got the "this dude is a huge nerd" thing down

though some of it is definitely the attention to detail by the set designers- look for the period appropriate Magic: the Gathering posters in his room

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When I rewatched the first Spider-Man movie a while ago, what struck me was that it had way more slow motion stuff and weird zoom-ins, and Tobey Maguire pulls some pretty strange faces.

Raimi will never top what he did here, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

When I rewatched the first Spider-Man movie a while ago, what struck me was that it had way more slow motion stuff and weird zoom-ins,

It is very easy to forget those gigantic big money superhero films were directed by Sam Raimi, until you actually watch them again.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LGD posted:

though some of it is definitely the attention to detail by the set designers- look for the period appropriate Magic: the Gathering posters in his room

His reaction shots are absolutely tremendous.

gus rules ok
Aug 2, 2016

LGD posted:

I remember shortly before the first Spider-Man movie came out my local-ish newspaper published an article that was wringing its hands over Maguire looking too nerdy for the part. I've always quite liked the cast (except for maybe some choices for the third movie), but I'm not really a good judge of acting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kirsten Dunst had very little to work with in those movies, the scripts treated MJ very very poorly, especially in the sequels. She did her best, considering.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I remember reading for the 3rd one she asked if Mary Jane could not be kidnapped and spend the whole final act screaming again, and so they put in Gwen Stacy.

And then they rewrote the last fight to make it Mary Jane again.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The part where MJ tries to hide her diner uniform from Peter is one of my favorite moments in any superhero movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vin Diesel has decided to confirm that the Guardians will appear in Infinity War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vin Diesel has decided to confirm that the Guardians will appear in Infinity War.

I'm still pretty sure the end of Guardians 2 will be them on Earth, and Tony arrives and is all "Oh great what's this now? Wait is that a talking racoon?"

• Locked thread