Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I found Olympic Zarya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

mcbexx posted:

I found Olympic Zarya.

This is D.Va in Zarya's body.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Slime posted:

What it is is awesome.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Slime posted:

Yes, and? Go on. :haw:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

teagone posted:

Yes, and? Go on. :haw:

Well there's no way that body is going to remain MUSCULAR AND STRONG. D.Va will immediately ruin it by being a gremlin.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

mcbexx posted:

I found Olympic Zarya.

This better not awaken anything in me.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

This better not awaken anything in me.

This is caffeine for something that was already wide awake in me.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

She will break your dick off.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

fadam posted:

Between buying a 40 box and a shitload of prestige levels I have all the event items except for Widow's voice line and some of the flag icons. I can't wait to see what they add in the next event!

Thar she blows

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

She will break your dick off.

Some people are into that.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

lotta salty genji/widow mains today facing the wrath of harambe

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wow the game kicked me for inactivity as i was setting up turrets at the attacking teams spawn. I guess you have to take damage or something or it'll kick you out. I was even shielding allies and stuff. What a stupid mechanic.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jastiger posted:

Wow the game kicked me for inactivity as i was setting up turrets at the attacking teams spawn. I guess you have to take damage or something or it'll kick you out. I was even shielding allies and stuff. What a stupid mechanic.

afaik you just have to be moving around

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
You have to deal or take damage. It takes like, 3 minutes so if you get kicked for being afk you were really doing nothing for a very long time. Especially if you're Symmetra, you could have just set up one turret at the point or something to do damage to someone.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico

flashman posted:

I didn't get the dress up doll clothes I wanted from my generous helping of free loot boxes. And being jobless in my mother's basement has caused me to lash out at others.

:qqsay:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

setafd posted:

afaik you just have to be moving around

You also have to be in combat every x (3, I think?) minutes.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I was moving around but hadn't done any damage in a few minutes because i was waiting for them all to rush out to turret their spawn alone. Weird.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
you should probably do damage next time

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

My strategy for winning in overwatch is to not shoot anyone in this fps game for 3 minutes.

lol no im not playing a healer

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Minrad posted:

lotta salty genji/widow mains today facing the wrath of harambe
Since comp ended qp has been full of a ton of nasty loving people crying over the dumbest things. I miss comp. It both made qp more chill and gave me more intense comp games depending on what I wanted.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Totally TWISTED posted:

My strategy for winning in overwatch is to not shoot anyone in this fps game for 3 minutes.

lol no im not playing a healer

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This checks out

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Actually buying boxes is worthy of mocking and his post was correct and funny.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

On the one hand rekt.

Otoh fire strike.

I leave my fate in the threads hands.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Verranicus posted:

Actually buying boxes is worthy of mocking and his post was correct and funny.

But maybe 5 out of those 40 boxes actually has something worth a drat in it!

Ravenfood posted:

Since comp ended qp has been full of a ton of nasty loving people crying over the dumbest things. I miss comp. It both made qp more chill and gave me more intense comp games depending on what I wanted.

What exactly is the point of shutting down comp weeks before the next "season" will start anyways?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 19, 2016

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

What exactly is the point of shutting down comp weeks before the next "season" will start anyways?

so everyone has time to play Deus Ex

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Efexeye posted:

so everyone has time to play Deus Ex Legion

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Someone mentioned just play on ptr when I asked about that earlier and it made me think it probably does increase the amount of people testing and providing feedback.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Ravenfood posted:

ctrl+shift+c is the best and first thing someone should do when starting up the game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Yeah I was moving around but hadn't done any damage in a few minutes because i was waiting for them all to rush out to turret their spawn alone. Weird.

if you're by yourself in your spawn for 3 whole minutes without ever shooting a dude, you're not helping and should be kicked. 3 minutes is a long time when matches generally last maybe 10 minutes

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Efexeye posted:

so everyone has time to play Deus Ex Obduction

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

mcbexx posted:

I found Olympic Zarya.

her name is Lydia Valentin and she is a 75kg weightlifter from spain

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Maybe you should try actually fighting instead of hiding next to the enemy spawn for literal minutes waiting for the perfect opportunity to mildly annoy someone by sticking low-damage Symmetra turrets as close to the enemy respawn point as possible.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I'll think you'll actually need to revise that opinion, because as you'll see, the afk timer is op and needs to be nerfed.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Heh... Still waiting on my royalty cheques blizzard..

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
What are the odds that it was still even the enemy spawn after 3 minutes of the team being down 5 to 6?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Poopy Palpy posted:

What are the odds that it was still even the enemy spawn after 3 minutes of the team being down 5 to 6?

This. He was prolly sitting outside the diner while the fight had moved on past the blast doors.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That was a beautiful Dva moment on the first Anubis cap point. They've all been pushed onto the point, someone gets behind them by the back stairs and while they all look that way I zip to the back-right corner. The rest of my team then attacks and they're so occupied nobody notices me there, so I'm in the perfect spot to finish off folks with pellets as they dive for cover from the main attack. Even got a potg of me just plinking four guys in turn with no fancy stuff. Can't do better than that, even on purpose (I hate being the one paired with a 5-team, nobody leaves group chat so I need to improvise.)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I didn't see this posted. It's Kaplan responding to complaints about the season break.

Jeff Kaplan posted:

This is good feedback. We're glad you guys enjoyed Season 1. We're really hoping Season 2 is markedly better than Season 1.

It's also good for us to evaluate the "downtime" between seasons since this is the first time we're experiencing it. Our original goal was to try 2 weeks (it ended up being 3 for various reasons).

Perhaps we will schedule less downtime between Season 2 and Season 3 if that feels better (so long as we don't have to do major changes that require a big time investment from us).

Would love to hear more thoughts on the downtime.

Jeff Kaplan posted:

Really great feedback and insights, everyone. Thank you.

Right now it seems like:

1) ***IF*** we take a break between future seasons, we should make sure there is some way to play the Competitive Format during the downtime. This could mean a lot of things. I think there are a lot of solutions to this problem.

2) We should re-evaluate the length of time between seasons. The current break feels too long or at least that seems to be the consensus, and what we're feeling ourselves as players... But the question on #2 is, do we feel as a community that some "break" is actually good or not? Again, assume we fix #1 IF we are going to have a break. The reason I am asking is that some might feel a fatigue from constantly rolling seasons. For example, do you want a week? Or a day? Maybe to either take a break from Comp or OW? Or maybe to try out some new heroes you don't normally play in Comp? Or should we strive to minimize any downtime between seasons?

Obviously, Season 1 and 2 are kind of set on their course at this point. We can't make Season 2 start any sooner and Season 1 is done. So I am more asking about how we fine tune this feature for the end of Season 2 and beginning of Season 3.
x

In summary. Competitive mode will be missing from the regular servers for 3 weeks unless plans change. In the future, they'll keep the format available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do they think continuous rolling seasons or brief breaks between seasons are both new or something? I don't particularly see a reason to even have the breaks apart from introduction of a new map, mode, character, or rules change, which it sounds like wasn't really a consideration anyway given the "continuous seasons might fatigue people" answer.

I never really played competitive so it doesn't really affect me much anyway, it's just their reasoning is odd.