Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
"Otherworldly" flash sale is up:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/19/flash-sale-now-save-big-on-otherworldly-games/

PS4 offerings seem rather weak, but Yorbie is only .79 cents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Have a lot of the stuff I want from this sale, but can't resist Mega Man Legends 2 for 4 bucks. Sure beats the ebay price for that game.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Watrick posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/19/flash-sale-now-save-big-on-otherworldly-games/

Dark Cloud 2 for $5.99 seems pretty great.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I recommend Chronicles of Teddy if your like Zelda 2 like games. It's not perfect but I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Of the stuff in the same I'm almost certainly gonna at least get The Magic Circle

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
How's Lumines Electronic Symphony? The PS3 Lumines didn't quite click with me as much as I'd expected, but I think I'd play this type of game a lot more in a portable format.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

How's Lumines Electronic Symphony? The PS3 Lumines didn't quite click with me as much as I'd expected, but I think I'd play this type of game a lot more in a portable format.

Lumines is one of my favorite puzzle games but all the versions also aren't terribly different from each other so if you didn't like the PS3 version I'm not sure if it being portable will change all that much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill pick up dark cloud for 5 bucks

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I like how FF V, VI, VIII, and IX are on sale but not FFVII. Still, managed to knock like 7 things off of my wish list for $15 bucks. Now to find the time to play any of it.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
is Dust any good?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
How is that EDF game on the Vita?

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005

Minidust posted:

It has a pretty good songlist, probably one of my favorites of the Lumines games. The unlocking of skins and avatars is pretty painless (just a generic XP system) and it has some nice quality of life improvements like being able to continue after a game over to unlock most of the skins a bit faster.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Justin_Brett posted:

How is that EDF game on the Vita?

Good but you need to beat it to unlock the second character class and the framerate hits zero in coop

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

small hendren posted:

is Dust any good?

Spend money on odin sphere for better art, voice, and combat. Dust is a one man show and it shows

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I like how FF V, VI, VIII, and IX are on sale but not FFVII. Still, managed to knock like 7 things off of my wish list for $15 bucks. Now to find the time to play any of it.

They probably want to encourage people to buy the FF7 ps4 remaster instead.

Looking forward to Wild Arms 2 plus a couple of the FF's I haven't rebought recently.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Ill pick up dark cloud for 5 bucks

It rules but i prefer the first. 2 adds the most amazing cutscenes ever but muddies the gameplay with a very slow opening and mountains of confusing complexity without actually fixing the bad combat of 1. Rogue galaxy plays much better.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Spend money on odin sphere for better art, voice, and combat. Dust is a one man show and it shows

Yeah I figured as much. Thanks.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Watrick posted:

Actually found a bunch of PS4 stuff I was interested in; Siralim, Battle Worlds Kronos, The Magic Circle and Chronicles of Teddy all look good despite the kind of unexciting names. They're also probably games that will be on a Steam sale for a buck later on but I can't deny everything for that :shrug:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I just bought Wild Arms 3 and Dark Cloud 2 for 12 bucks and am very excited to replay one and play the other for the first time. :allears:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Overlord K posted:

I just bought Wild Arms 3 and Dark Cloud 2 for 12 bucks and am very excited to replay one and play the other for the first time. :allears:

Wa3 has crash issues but maybe they patched it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Wa3 has crash issues but maybe they patched it?

I'd like to know if it's above version 1.00.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

They didn't fix anything. If you want to buy it, never ever use magic. It's what causes most of the crashes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

They didn't fix anything. If you want to buy it, never ever use magic. It's what causes most of the crashes.

So it's a Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP situation where you change your playstyle to avoid using magic. Fun!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Nova 111 is a nice little puzzle game with cross buy and a nice relaxed pace.

If your PS3 is still connected, Bulletstorm is a fun shooter worth the price. Their challenge system to get creative kills was pretty engaging and not obnoxious (at least to me)

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, that's unfortunate. :(

Well WA3 is for a rainy day when I have nothing in the backlog, Dark Cloud 2 is the one I haven't played yet.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Is it a snowballing issue in that once you start getting crashes, they'll just keep happening, or is it random throughtout the game? Magic (both support and elemental) seems rather useful :/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Overlord K posted:

Oh, that's unfortunate. :(

Well WA3 is for a rainy day when I have nothing in the backlog, Dark Cloud 2 is the one I haven't played yet.

i played dc2 right after absolutely adoring dc1 and its practically a different game its so different and complicated. the only thing that is the same is that the combat remains really rough.

the cutscenes in dc2 though are something to behold. they're amazingly fun and cool

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, WA3 crashes with magic casting? I'm like 12 hours into it and I haven't had any issues.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

search results for "wild arms 3 crashing"

https://www.google.com/search?q=wil...Q_AUIBygA&dpr=1

seems like its more than just magic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

It rules but i prefer the first. 2 adds the most amazing cutscenes ever but muddies the gameplay with a very slow opening and mountains of confusing complexity without actually fixing the bad combat of 1. Rogue galaxy plays much better.

I didn't pick it up but I've had my eye more on rogue galaxy, maybe I'll wait for that

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

univbee posted:

So it's a Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP situation where you change your playstyle to avoid using magic. Fun!
I never used magic in regular FFT anyways.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i got FF6 in the sale and its cutscenes run like rear end on vita with hitching like crazy. is the actual game ok?

In Training posted:

I didn't pick it up but I've had my eye more on rogue galaxy, maybe I'll wait for that

i got about 2/3rds through RG before i hit a wall. its surprisingly good looking still. i wish i could just skip all the dungeons and go straight to the bosses though they're the worst part of the game.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I want DC2 and WA3 but I still have both of them in my PS2 backlog, the only advantage would be keeping WA3 in its wonderful Circuit City shrink wrap.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm weirded out by the Rogue Galaxy praise, it was my most regretted purchase in a long time. My #1 issue was camera controls and whatnot, but it was just lacking too much modern day polish for me to enjoy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

I'm weirded out by the Rogue Galaxy praise, it was my most regretted purchase in a long time. My #1 issue was camera controls and whatnot, but it was just lacking too much modern day polish for me to enjoy.

oh yeah all the level 5 games (and ps2 games in general) have attrocious camera. i stopped buying them until they go on deep sale because i can't hang with them to the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

i got FF6 in the sale and its cutscenes run like rear end on vita with hitching like crazy. is the actual game ok?

i got about 2/3rds through RG before i hit a wall. its surprisingly good looking still. i wish i could just skip all the dungeons and go straight to the bosses though they're the worst part of the game.

The PSX version of FF6 is not very good at all...whenever you pause there's like a 3 second loading screen which doesn't sound awful but it will drive you insane quickly because of how often you have to pause and in pause

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The PSX version of FF6 is not very good at all...whenever you pause there's like a 3 second loading screen which doesn't sound awful but it will drive you insane quickly because of how often you have to pause and in pause

yeah i played to the first save point and gave up. onto POWERSTONE baybee

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame because FF6 is fantastic and I picked up that version a few years ago to replay...hard to stomach. Chrono trigger is the same way, it's a real bummer. Apparently the reason it's so slow is because they reload and retranslate the ROM every time you pause lol

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

small hendren posted:

Yeah I figured as much. Thanks.

Just make sure it's the new remake version of Odin Sphere. The original PS2 version that's been re-released for PS3 is a very pretty dumpster fire.

Scooped up a few titles for about $20. Always anted to check out Cyberbots and Okami HD.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

katkillad2 posted:

It's okay for people to like something you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

jabro posted:

It's okay for people to like something you don't.

It's okay for people to post about not liking something others do.

• Locked thread